Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Reading bullshido, mma.tv, etc, practicing other traditional arts like muay thai, boxing, wrestling, bjj automatically make you some kind of outsider at KFM?

LOL. Since when? maybe the early days of Kung Lek's nazi reign. That was back when Sadam was in power also.

You "kung fu guys" are too funny.

Where does confusious say get angry and throw temper tantrums? You guys go on this rant like once every 18 months.

strike!

Quote Originally Posted by chud View Post
    Knifefighter, why are you here on a kung fu forum?
    If you read my posts, you will see that I mostly post on threads in which I have years of experience and the kung fu guys are talking out their a$$es about something which they have no clue, such as MMA or groundfighting.

This thread, specifically related to MMA, is a perfect example. Not one kung fu guy who has posted his "knowledge" on this thread has ever competed in a single MMA event.

I rarely post on the subjects specific to kung fu that are not related to the areas of my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by yenhoi View Post
    Reading bullshido, mma.tv, etc, practicing other traditional arts like muay thai, boxing, wrestling, bjj automatically make you some kind of outsider at KFM?

LOL. Since when? maybe the early days of Kung Lek's nazi reign. That was back when Sadam was in power also.

You "kung fu guys" are too funny.

Where does confusious say get angry and throw temper tantrums? You guys go on this rant like once every 18 months.

You said "another" boxer rebellion. Like what happens over there means diick to the rest of the world. Hint: over here a boxer rebellion would mean bye bye for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    If you read my posts, you will see that I mostly post on threads in which I have years of experience and the kung fu guys are talking out their a$$es about something which they have no clue, such as MMA or groundfighting.

This thread, specifically related to MMA, is a perfect example. Not one kung fu guy who has posted his "knowledge" on this thread has ever competed in a single MMA event.

I rarely post on the subjects specific to kung fu that are not related to the areas of my experience.
    Actually this thread was about liddel showing a swing punch. NOT in your area of expertise by far. Of which you widely made assupmtions about styles you have no expertise in.

Are you saying the chinese think they won the boxer rebellion and got rid of the westerners and that it was good for them?

???

strike!

what liddel was clearly showing was an overhand bolo punch from FMA. Obviously that means what he was really doing and showing was authentic Filipino Martial Arts.

strike!

Haven't we been referring to technqiues banned by the UFC?

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    An example of a muscle grab is on the pectoral skirt when the arm is extended. Its really nasty when these places are being used as grips for other locks.
    The UFC allows muscle grabs.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    no flesh grabs all sorts of kungfu moves deliberately stripped out.
    The UFC does not allow pinching.

From your pictures you look like you should be wearing a big pointy hood. Or better yet you look like one of those lame para military cop freaks. You probably carry an honorary police badge with you where ever you go.
    Well if we are going to go by what "it looks like should happen" based on your picture, you look like a prime candidate for gastric bypass surgery to get you out of the realms of the obese.

Actually this thread was about liddel showing a swing punch. NOT in your area of expertise by far. Of which you widely made assupmtions about styles you have no expertise in.
    And I said nothing about it until some clueless kung fu guy said, "The effectiveness of TCMA training methods is proven. Much of it isn't useful for the ring since you wear gloves. It’s useful for the streets though. In the ring, what good are conditioned hands if you can’t use many of the techniques they were conditioned for (such as fu jow)?

This came from a guy who has never done a single MMA fight.

an overwhelming popular (and thus utterly depressing) pereception in TCMA circles is that "sport fighting" is somehow beneath them and that their practice of "deadly" techniques prepares them for a "real fight" like the street....

the reality that every so called "sport person" knows intimately is that executing technique and hurting someone is a lot harder than TMA would lead you to believe.

I've said it before, take all the "sport people" and even with NO RULES against the so called "traditionalists" you'd have an overwhelming victory for the so called "sport people"

If you can't get on a mat, in a ring or in a cage and deal with basic attacks like kicks, punches and wrestling, why do you think you can fight?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

We have Knife who is a perpetual mockery machine spouting out assumptions(in an almost Tourettesian sort of way) that make the more experienced here do a double take and say "nuh uhhh, thats not how it goes. " or " what orifice did you pull out that movie quote from?" or "has this guy bothered to actually spend more than 5 minutes looking at a class?"
    Don't just take my word for it.
    Even kung fu people support my views.
    Here's a quote from another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by jmd161 View Post
    Basicly CMA boils down to one of these two.
    1. Those that don't say much and train and can fight.
    2. Those that talk alot gather forms and can't fight.
    Most CMA (TCMA,TCFA) whatever you want to call it falls into the second choice. I've been around martial arts a long time and have seen both. The first is as rare as an actual Big Foot sighting
    There are so many frauds and phoneys within the CMA relm it makes your head spin. I've seen many skilled martial artist don't get me wrong, but i've met "VERY FEW" that can actually use their chosen art with any regularity. Basicly i've seen many skilled kickboxers, i've met only a few actual CMA fighters.
    Also read the post above from lkfmdc'.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-22-2006 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Yes, but this is a forum for people interested in kung fu, and we are discussing MMA that we have watched: so what? None of us are required to have ever fought in a MMA match; last time I tuned in to Spike I didn't have to first fax in a waiver stating I had ring experience so that I could watch TUF. This is a kung fu forum and we are kung fu people having a discussion, which happens to be about MMA. So again, why are you here? Why not go to a MMA discussion forum so that you can discuss this subject with your peers? Why do you participate in a community that is devoted to something which you seem to despise?
    Last edited by chud; 10-22-2006 at 11:29 AM.

It does sometimes seem like some people want it to be that way.

See the post just above this one.

No, but hating kung fu does.

your a hater.

strike!