Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

I've broken my finger during training more than once., I didnt stop fighting till after the match was over.

In fact, training in Jiujitsu has destroyed my fingers. They are swollen and twisted and I have to wrap them with tape when I train. Part of the sport I guess.

Anyway, I wouldnt rely on breaking fingers to win a fight. You can do it in a real situation, but it wont stop someone who is trying to seriously hurt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    You see, I have a concealed carry permit and I was under the mistaken belief that shooting at targets gave me the skill to shoot a real live human being.
    If you do some research into this area, you might find that this is one of the main reasons that many law enforcement agencies are doing lots of work with simunitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior View Post
    I dont know about that. Matt pretty much beat Royce on the ground. His Jiujitsu is just better. If it was a grappling match, Matt would of won also. Matt has been training jiujitsu for a long time, long enough to beat Royce. He is just more athletic, and his win doesnt prove anything. Even if Royce was a "modern MMA fighter," he couldnt beat Matt.
    Royce is still pretty much the one dimensional BJJ fighter he always was. Matt is much more of an example of the modern day MMA fighter who has skills in boxing, wrestling, AND BJJ.

Royce easily beats the majority of TMA fighters. Matt easily beats Royce. I think it is pretty obvjous Matt would have an even easier time of the same TMA fighters than Royce does, and not just because of his BJJ skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Cloud View Post
    the reason they allow elbow foot or knee Manipulations and not finger brakes is obvious.It's because it's easier to brake a finger,
    To the unitiated, maybe. However, a submission guy knows that it is easier to purposely break an elbow, knee, or foot than it is a finger.

Finger manipulations are much easier to counter and finger breaks almost always happen by accident. Large joint locks are harder to counter and any breaks that occur are usually by design.

But let's forget about the finger breaks. I think we can all agree that, at the very least, finger breaks are usually pretty painful.

I'm curious to hear some more from the guys who are doing the deadly "fat grabbing" techniques.

How often to you spar this, how do you do it and which areas do you grab? And what happens when you and your training partner each grab each other's fat at the same time?
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-20-2006 at 10:53 PM.

Do you think Matt would beat Royce if Matt had no BJJ skills?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior View Post
    Do you think Matt would beat Royce if Matt had no BJJ skills?
    Most likely, no.

Matt has great BJJ skills and without these skills his only option would have been to G&P from Royce's guard. Without BJJ training, he would probably have been submitted, just as Dan Severn was.

But he is also a great wrestler, which adds tremendously to his BJJ.

The days of the one dimensional BJJ guy beating everyone in the MMA world are pretty much over, not only because most MMA fighters now know BJJ, but because they are also becoming good at wrestling, and boxing or Muay Thai.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-20-2006 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Most likely, no.

Matt has great BJJ skills and without these skills his only option would have been to G&P from Royce's guard. Without BJJ training, he would probably have been submitted, just as Dan Severn was.

But he is also a great wrestler, which adds tremendously to his BJJ.

The days of the one dimensional BJJ guy beating everyone in the MMA world are pretty much over, not only because most MMA fighters now know BJJ, but because they are also becoming good at wrestling, and boxing or Muay Thai.
    After watching the Hughs vs. Penn fight, I'm thinkin that Hughs is not as good as he thinks. You could see that Penn was the better fighter but he burned out with no cardio work (I don't get that, how can a guy at that level not train cardio?) in the second round. IMO Hughs is a power athlete. Of course he has skills, but alot of his success is because of his high level physical attributes. A guy like Penn, he is more technically skilled, more natural with it all, like Bruce Lee, a natural fighter. Except Penn didn't have Lee's inclination to train the physical body and be in shape.

It was a good fight though.

What blew me away was how Shamrock let Tito do again, what he did. It was the same situation as the last fights, he got himself on his back and the G&P rained down on him. I guess he didn't have the ability to change is repetorie to adapt to Tito's tactics.

James

If you do some research into this area, you might find that this is one of the main reasons that many law enforcement agencies are doing lots of work with simunitions.
    Yeah, but how do you know unless you actually do it to someone? Isn't that the mantra of MMA? Like how do you know an eye gouge will work if you don't ever try it on a live opponent? You shot down the idea of training around actually hitting the eyes. Unless you want to backtrack now and say simulated training will work (like your saying above now).

You're a waste and I've lost any respect I had for you so I don't know why I'm even responding to your comments anymore. You're clearly a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by sihing View Post
    You could see that Penn was the better fighter but he burned out with no cardio work (I don't get that, how can a guy at that level not train cardio?) in the second round.
    Penn is clearly the better fighter and you can see that in both fights he had with Hughes. Unfortunately Penn hasn't been in the ring in a lot of years and I'm not sure how much time he had to prepare for the fight.

I suspect there will be a Hughes v Penn 3 and that's when he'll take him out. Maybe one of the more knowledgable trainers on here can comment on the amount of time it takes to go from out of shape to breezing through 5 5min rounds.

apparently trollfighter is the black knight from monty python and the holy grail.

arthur: Look, I've cut your bloody legs off!

BK: no you haven't it's just a flesh wound!

arthur: fine, well I'm leaving

BK: come back here! I'll bite your bloody legs off!

lol.

Knife, you clearly are living in some little mma bubble. I comment on teh rules of ufc and you change my words to say im commenting about mma?

yeah you're the greatest ever and only you methods work...which are?
    Dude, I think you're only slightly deluded and hella misinformed in regards to Chinese Martial arts. Trolling in a KF forum on top of it all.

laughable. a tiny man shouting at a mountain.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    yeah you're the greatest ever and only you methods work...
    Thank you.

So, are you going to tell me about your fat grabbing training or are we done here?
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 10-21-2006 at 10:07 AM.

the only fat im grabbing here is your head to try and getr you to give it a shake before you say even more stupid stuff.

but you and me were done a long time ago.

Im into kungfu.

you're a troll.

go over to mma tv or something were mma means something more than it does here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thank you.

So, are you going to tell me about your fat grabbing training or are we done here?
    I'm not sure what all this fat grabbing stuff is but the ministry of defence teaches a skin grabbing method for body guards called CDC concepts and also tom patire endorses that kind of training.

It's been endoresd by Napma, the leading industry magazine for the MA profesional, and also fetured on many talk shows like Montel.

WTF, fat grabbing?

There are some techniques that roll flesh into the hand. IE around the lower back and oblique. If its fat, well, yeah, If it isn't you are still rolling flesh into it.

An example of a muscle grab is on the pectoral skirt when the arm is extended. Its really nasty when these places are being used as grips for other locks.

The whole concept of talking to you is pointless since you are obviously not human. Your fingers/joints are unbreakable, you feel no pain, All your muscles are tensed all the time everyday in every action. (Maybe its time to unclench.)

Then theres the use of every derisive term you can think of when responding to things you know nothing about. Pinching instead of clawing etc among others.

Of course, no one can top the long list of masters you've defeated.

Who were they again?

I like to knead my girlfriends back fat. I makes her hot and heavy
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest