Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TUF Season 4 question

Hybrid View

No, your logic is flawed. You are basically saying that all the time he spent with you doing all that work amounted to nothing.

P.S. I beat tamazaki in 94. Its no biggy.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 10-23-2006 at 06:53 PM.

Cleopatra, queen of denial

Dude, its so apparent you are desperate to believe that the forms you did and DO somehow aren't just a huge waste of time. Understandable on one level, but sort of sad

There are TONS of fighters who don't do forms at all.

There are TONS of forms champions who can't fight at all.... those who do both forms and some fighting NEVER stack up to those who just fight...

But believe whatever you want, it is still a free country
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

There are also tons of people who don't do forms and only do mma and suck at fighting. as it become a more popular pastime and falls into the realm of hobbyist, there will be even more mma-ers who absolutely suck at fighting.

being a fighter has nothing to do with training methods and talking in context to mma ring fighting doesn't give you much of a leg to stand on.

don't make us go "sammy franco" on your collective asses. lol with all the gutter talk about what if i did this or that followed by I would shoot you with my shotgun and then where's your frickin method got you or Ill cut you with my sword and then where's your mma or ill put my spear through your eye, where's your boxing anmd wrestliong gonna take you with a spear in your eye?. what a load.

you guys are really taking it to new depths. appreciate things for what they are and realize that what you know, compared to what there is to know is a trifle not worth mentioning and 100 years from now, you will be completely unknown, because your deeds are so far removed from your words.

This is just entertainment now...
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    There are also tons of people who don't do forms and only do mma and suck at fighting. as it become a more popular pastime and falls into the realm of hobbyist, there will be even more mma-ers who absolutely suck at fighting.

Just to make sure this is strongly emphasised.

You are basing your "suckage" rating based on them fighting against other MMA fighters.

Watch them fight an average KF guy and you will see where the real suckage is at..

being a fighter has nothing to do with training methods
    Being a fighter has everything to do with training methods, as anyone who has watched a rank newbie mature into a hardened fighter will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    You are basing your "suckage" rating based on them fighting against other MMA fighters.

Watch them fight an average KF guy and you will see where the real suckage is at..
    No, im not basing it on that, but I know you really...really want to assume that. It's cool Knife, I know what time it is with you and the subject.

Being a fighter has everything to do with training methods, as anyone who has watched a rank newbie mature into a hardened fighter will know.
    Being a fighter is either in you or not and twenty years of training in "x" will not be the factor in what makes you pull that rabbit out of a hat. Mostly it's about crisis response and if you you are a flighter, you will almost always be a flighter and if you are a fighter, then methods will indeed improve you ability to be that.

But if you do not have the will in you, then Im not sure how sparring and rolling and cardio intensive exercise will put that there.

That part is a mental game. What do you got for that? methods for the mind in your regimen? can you explain them? are they derived from tma? or are the "vectored thinking patterns enhanced by elucidating the outflow of dopamines from the cerebral cortext" or some other equally mystifying terminology.

seriously, Im dying here.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No, im not basing it on that, but I know you really...really want to assume that. It's cool Knife, I know what time it is with you and the subject.
    OK, then what are you basing it on, if not that?

That part is a mental game. What do you got for that? methods for the mind in your regimen? can you explain them? are they derived from tma?
    Simple.... competitions.

OK, then what are you basing it on, if not that?
    well i'm not basing it on a one sided perception, I'm basing it on my life experience and all the stuff that comes and goes as we trip around the sun.

certainly not on bullshido clips. lol

Simple.... competitions.
    you figure that's the way? so what happens when the career terminates? Is everyone who doesn't fight competitively uselss in your eyes at that point? Cause Muhammad Ali sure is resting on his laurels then in your terms then isn't he? Honestly that's it? competitions? ok then.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Being a fighter is either in you or not and twenty years of training in "x" will not be the factor in what makes you pull that rabbit out of a hat. Mostly it's about crisis response and if you you are a flighter, you will almost always be a flighter and if you are a fighter, then methods will indeed improve you ability to be that.

But if you do not have the will in you, then Im not sure how sparring and rolling and cardio intensive exercise will put that there.

Men are not born brave, but become so through training and force of discipline.
    ~vegitius~
    "My only 'aesthetic' is to be the guy who's NOT lying down on the ground broken." - WaterDragon

There are also tons of people who don't do forms and only do mma and suck at fighting.
    This is certainly true, but take anyone who only does mma who you claim sucks at fighting, and put them against someone who only does forms, and I will wager a substantial sum that the forms-player will leave the ring feet-first.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post

There are TONS of forms champions who can't fight at all.... those who do both forms and some fighting NEVER stack up to those who just fight...
    So again, At what point did you realize you were just bring strung along doing useless sets? Did you tell your teacher, "Hey, enough of these BS sets, they're useless!!"

Are your sets BS? Would concider the entire body of knowledge just useless?

I really don't know what you are *****ing about. I've said it before, forms work is a PART of the greater whole. What? You didn't hit a mit after your forms training?

Quote Originally Posted by SifuAbel View Post
    I really don't know what you are *****ing about. I've said it before, forms work is a PART of the greater whole. What? You didn't hit a mit after your forms training?
    The whole would be greater if the forms were not included.
    Generally, the better the forms dancer, the worse the fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Cleopatra, queen of denial

Dude, its so apparent you are desperate to believe that the forms you did and DO somehow aren't just a huge waste of time. Understandable on one level, but sort of sad

There are TONS of fighters who don't do forms at all.

But believe whatever you want, it is still a free country

I can assure that that forms practice is not a waste of time. This is of course if the forms were tought properly.

If you watch cage matches, 90% can't really punch and kick well. yes, they are big, strong and fast, but they can't stand-up fight. It is a lot of garbage street boxing and half-ass kick boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    If you watch cage matches, 90% can't really punch and kick well. yes, they are big, strong and fast, but they can't stand-up fight. It is a lot of garbage street boxing and half-ass kick boxing.
    Watch guys who spend all their time doing forms. 100% of them have no clue how to fight. Everything from their forms goes right out the window as soon as the real contact begins.

Watch guys who spend all their time doing forms. 100% of them have no clue how to fight. Everything from their forms goes right out the window as soon as the real contact begins.

I honestly can't think of a single school that only does forms. Where are you finding these places? lol

are you talking about competitive wushu? because that is the artistic expression side of tcma. does mma have an artistic expression side to it? or is it just compete until you can't, then shuffle off to buffalo? I'm not seeing the life reward in that.
    Kung Fu is good for you.