Thread: Katana splits bullet

Katana splits bullet

Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

I call THAT good aim.

And carema work is sublime. that was a great slow mo shot.

The guy who conducted my CCW class is famous for a trick shot he does that's similar. He posts an axe, head up and edge toward the shooter. He places two glass bottles or gourds back and to the left and right of the axe. Fires, and splits the bullet on the axe striking the two targets behind the axe...usually to spectacular effect.
    The shot I saw him take, and make, was placing a playing card from a deck with the thin side facing him. He took two shots, and the second split the card in two.

Jokes about people in KY may now commence...
    Keep it simple, stupid.

Saw that demo on Japanese TV. Japanese TV is generally nearly as bad as American, but they have cool stuff on sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhnoti View Post
    The shot I saw him take, and make, was placing a playing card from a deck with the thin side facing him. He took two shots, and the second split the card in two.
    TWO shots!? Amateur!

Jokes about people in KY may now commence...
    Er, is that KY jelly? Or Kentucky? And what kind of jokes???
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

There's nothing better to do in Kentucky than attempt crazy trick shots...
    Keep it simple, stupid.

I'll make the obligatory retarded comment....see that's why TMA is better than guns...If someone shot at me I could just chop the bullet in half...after doing that 6 times, I could use my sword to kill the attacker while he tries to reload his puny mortal weapon.
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Punch View Post
    Saw that demo on Japanese TV. Japanese TV is generally nearly as bad as American, but they have cool stuff on sometimes.
    Japanese tv is a lot worse than western tv.

This is cool. I saw another demo with a machine gun on TV one time.

but...

This really does not prove much.

The halves of the bullet would still hit the swordsman.

How many other swords did they test? Could a decent quality kitchen knife do the same?
    Last edited by Flying-Monkey; 10-07-2006 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying-Monkey View Post
    Japanese tv is a lot worse than western tv.
    IMO, American TV is the worst on the planet (bearing in mind I've only seen substantial bits of Australian, American, British, Irish, Japanese and French, so I haven't exactly sampled a lot!).

Actually I've just watched that clip and the show I saw was way cooler... maybe it was the same as the one you saw Monkey. They did test against a kitchen knife first and the knife broke (well they said so anyway, but they didn't show it because the main bit was reserved for the katana). They first tested a small handgun of some sort, then a 357, then a rifle of some kind, then finally a machine gun (it looked bigger than an M16 and seemed to fire longer and faster but I've no idea what it was). The 357 dented the blade wee bit, as did the rifle, and the machine gun broke it in a few seconds, but it had been hit by maybe ten bullets first, and it did have some major chunks out of it.

It was sweeet!
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCloudCLF View Post
    I'll make the obligatory retarded comment....see that's why TMA is better than guns...If someone shot at me I could just chop the bullet in half...after doing that 6 times, I could use my sword to kill the attacker while he tries to reload his puny mortal weapon.

Goemon Ishikawa used to do it all the time...even against multiple shooters.
    (For whoever knows Lupin III knows who I refer to)