Thread: Training at Wudang

Hybrid View

Nowadays, shaolin temple and mount wudang are deeply commercialized. Authentic shaolin and wudang kungfu are advertisements slogan used to attract customers.

Foreigners are all greatly welcome to go learnt the kungfu cos they paid more.

video of wudang and response

Hi I am looking for the documentary young dragons of wudang for sale or down load Help please! On anothjer note.There are more crooks and frauds here than in China teaching martial arts.I have many asian friends that are kung fu masters and they state that it is different here than in China.In China they will teach you for cheap and with a open heart if you are sincere in training.Here it is about building a empire and that if you dont teach the real stuff you can make more money and keep the student longer.Who in the end is a fool.Of course not all masters are like this here.

Gd luck to you. Pls be extra careful with your $ if you insist on going.

In order to learnt CMA, you don't really have to go to mainland china.
    ROC Taiwan, HK, Macau, S'pore are gd choices too.

In China they will teach you for cheap and with a open heart if you are sincere in training.Here it is about building a empire and that if you dont teach the real stuff you can make more money and keep the student longer.Who in the end is a fool.Of course not all masters are like this here.
    China's got both types... it's all about who and what you know though. You could get an awesome (and cheap!) teacher to learn from, or get completely screwed if you're not careful More extremes at both ends of the spectrum than here in the U.S. though... (in my opinion)

There're alot of MA con-man in mainland china. New grandmasters & new kinds of CMA always mushroom out in the market every now & then.

These Authentic shaolin and wudang kungfu always claimed that they were powerful & deadly but do they dare to fight with san da, muay thai, bjj, wingchun?

Think twice before you go. All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by pops
    Hi I am looking for the documentary young dragons of wudang for sale or down load Help please! On anothjer note.There are more crooks and frauds here than in China teaching martial arts.I have many asian friends that are kung fu masters and they state that it is different here than in China.In China they will teach you for cheap and with a open heart if you are sincere in training.Here it is about building a empire and that if you dont teach the real stuff you can make more money and keep the student longer.Who in the end is a fool.Of course not all masters are like this here.
    Ahahahaha. What? 'Open Heart' 'Teach you for cheap?' More like teach you cheap stuff and bleed you dry.

real martial arts

I am very skilled in bjj,kozen judo,kickboxing.
    i am aware ther are con men out ther.Hey if it does not work it is not worth learning.And I am no fool wheen it comes to martial arts,But I do want to learn wudang martial arts,
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by pops
    I am very skilled in bjj,kozen judo,kickboxing.
    i am aware ther are con men out ther.Hey if it does not work it is not worth learning.And I am no fool wheen it comes to martial arts,But I do want to learn wudang martial arts,
    Thank you
    Well if you find the Wudang martial arts, please let us know, but there is likely no need for you to go to China to study what they call 'Wudang martial arts'. Now it is just a tourist trap that charges you a lot of $$$ because they are trying to make money off of the Hollywood Wudang wushu movie craze.

Same with the Shaolin temple. If you want to learn the Shaolin type forms, just go to Shaolin-Do.

If you want to learn Wudang martial arts, most of the martial arts there came from other places, but I'm told there was a particular style of bagua that actually came from Wudang, but the last grandmaster was killed by the Communists years ago, and nobody can find any of his students, so you can probably save your $$$.

But if you really find it, please let us know.