Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More San Shou/San Da coverage in KFTC magazine?

More San Shou/San Da coverage in KFTC magazine?

I would like to see more coverage of San Shou/San Da in Kung Fu magazine. Some profiles of the top fighters all over the world, some articles on the best gyms, etc... I think its crazy that your competitor, Inside Kung FU has a monthly Muay Thai section, but rarely covers San Shou. More coverage will help the sport grow and show people more of the sport fighting side of CMA.

Quote Originally Posted by quickjab View Post
    I would like to see more coverage of San Shou/San Da in Kung Fu magazine. Some profiles of the top fighters all over the world, some articles on the best gyms, etc... I think its crazy that your competitor, Inside Kung FU has a monthly Muay Thai section, but rarely covers San Shou. More coverage will help the sport grow and show people more of the sport fighting side of CMA.
    Hot Ring girls in bikinis and high heels would do a lot for the sport

I'm working on a sanda piece right now...

We don't really do profiles in our magazine nor do we rate the 'best' schools or anything like that. It's tempting, because it's a way to sell magazines, but a lot of that is really covert advertising. Money and favors change hands and such. And it has a lot of backlash if some one is left out. In a similar vein, we don't do 'martial artist of the year' things either.

To be frank, sanda isn't that big. We're hoping it grows and have been supporting it strongly for years. But right now, it's in the shadow of other sports like MMA, Muay Thai and of course, TKD. In terms of sparring games, it's low man on the totem pole. That's too bad, because personally (aside from my bias towards things Chinese) I find it a great spectator sport. Nothing like watching some one get dumped off the leitai. That being said, I'd like to see more sanda articles too. One major factor that inhibits more sanda articles is that sanda players don't seem to write much. There's only a few that I've seen that can write a decent piece and those submissions are few and far in between.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I didn't see you guys at the Sanshou tournament in Akron this past weekend (at least not that I knew of).
    Bless you

I was at the tournament in Akron and fought in the Sanshou.It is one of my favorite sports and I hope it continues to grows.

What division were you in? I was there and fought also.
    Bless you

I am only 16 so I was in the youth. I fought Trey Keyes in the final for our division.

Freebird!

You're 15 and you're into Lynyrd Skynyrd, LynyrdSkynyrd? I'm impressed by that.

We actually don't go to that many tournaments as Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine. When we do, it's an arrangement between us and the promoters. When sanshou gets big enough to fly me out to the events, I'll be happy to come. Now our parent company, Tiger Claw, goes to a lot more, but I'm not on that road crew. Also with the Tiger Claw Elite Championships starting this year, more resources were directed towards that project. So this year, I got a bit of a break and only went to a few events.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

yes please and then ....

after there is enuf in the magazine i can start moaning for a san da forum lol
    but yeah leave the muay thai and k1 out please i get sick of all that coverage in inside kungfu
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Yes I'm 16 and I'm into Lynyrd Skynyrd, it's my favorite band and Free Bird's my favorite song.Hendrix,Lennon,Cooper,Zeppelin,ZZ Top,and Rush are great too as well as Zeppelin and many more.

stop

ur milking it now
    im young and like classic rock arent i great ?
    alot of us like classic rock fyi
    any way back to the subject
    why is their no san da forum ? lol hahah

Not milking it,I'm just a talker.It's all the truth so I see no reason why you should be getting upset. Anyways, it would be nice to have a Sanshou forum on here. I don't think I have ever seen one.

Talking im fine

upset me never lol
    but u were milking it talker or not
    and we aint getting a san shou forum till we get a wushu forum lol
    but both would be ideal

Most 16 year olds like Justin & Britney...

...remember I work in the music industry too. I worked Dylan last night and there weren't a lot of people in that age demographic. A teen that's into classic rock? That's great!

We are considering a sanda and wushu forum, but any new forums are backburner issues right now. More pressing for the forum at this moment is eliminating the spambot applications. We're getting like two dozen a day. It's bothersome.

I'll probably have that sanda article ready for our Mar/Apr 07 issue. Be patient.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

cool cool

u work in music
    like how ?
    i like loads of stuff including classic rock
    not pop tho lol
    that article should be good
    check out my myspace yeah ?
    its in my signiature