Thread: the hells angel ad

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by lunghushan View Post
    It's called Freedom of Speech.

I for one am against illegal drugs. But I'm not going to gripe about 'High Times' being for illegal drug use.

Why?

Because it's called Freedom of Speech.

There are people against martial arts because they think they are violent, but I don't want to get rid of martial arts magazines just for those people.

Otherwise you have a very boring political correct society. There's enough of that already without encouraging it.

'Thought Police' are so boring. Instead of railing against having it in the magazine, how about you just rail against them, and Gene prints it in the magazine? Which is what happened, right? (Actually it was railing against being in the magazing and Gene printed that).

Anyway, suppression of speech is boring. I think just because of your comments against this I will subscribe just to show my support.
    ok, where to start. lol.

Not supporting a group that has a conflicting ideology to yours is not suppression, It is non-support.

Should Kungfu magazine have a Nambla member in a tai chi pose? How would that make you feel?

degrees, you need to understand degrees.

there is a difference between someone who is starving who steals bread and someone who manufactures meth and distributes it for a living.

there is a difference between not supporting a group and oppressing or suppressing their rights.

You guys need to understand teh real face of the HA. I don't think you do. I think maybe you have had some good experiences withindividual members or maybe even through loose association with one or two of the members.

make no mistake, these are not your friends and the organization they are in will dictate to them what is what and if they were told to off you, then your days are numbered.

Guys, the reality is sooooooo different from the romantic view that groups like these would have you buy into. The whole rebel without a cause, ride free live free nonsense thet the HA robotically pump out when questioned about their organization and it's workings.

the obfuscation they provide at their own website regarding what it is to be a member, how to become a member or how to start a chapter.

the standard answer is "if you don't know, you probably shouldn't ask"

what does this imply to you when compared to asking these fairly innocuous question of any other club like say Lions Club or Kinsmen and so on? Leave a lot of room to speculate doesn't it.

Robin hoods they ain't boys. Nobody here is suppressing the hells angels rights to free speech. they have a website, they publish stuff, they sell merchandise with their logio and axioms and so on. I wouldn't print one word of their crap on my sites or anything. I wouldn't reiterate their views on anything, in anyway and in any form. Am I suppressing their free speech because I don't support their views? No. Am I suppressing their free speech because I don't want to here their crap and I don't want to find it in a crossover form in other areas? No. I don't want this group infiltrating every corner of society and franbkly I would rather have them in areas that can be easily identified and breeched by police organizations.

i would like to see the collapse of them to be honest simply because of the lives they have brought to ruination.

If you spend too much time second thinking even after being presented the evidence time and again over numerous incidences and years, then perhaps you are not the right person to make any decision whatsoever about this.

It is something that is not grey in my eyes. It has come to a point where it is very black and white what this group stands for.

as for the rest, criminal thinking is always looking for the easy way and almost always at the expense of someone else well being.

Highway traffic act offenses are the abuse of the priviledge of driving. If you screw up your priviledge, it is no one's fault but your own. period. If you need to get to work, find another way.
    Last edited by David Jamieson; 09-03-2006 at 07:05 AM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.