Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was your First Martial Art???

Thats what TKD is all about. A glimpse of an introduction into MA, leading to the realization of its limits. It teaches you what you want to avoid and what you should not do. What lesson is better than that? It disgusts one so much that he avoids nonsense, complience, fancy, commercialized MA for the rest of his life. I don't think any other style could boast that. TKD is doing the world a huge service in seperating the men from the boys. Keep up the good work you guys!

(...man, i hope there arent any tkd guys on this forum... this could get ugly.)

dude...

i learned the kamehameha as my first move

My first MA was Kokikai Aikido, and then i went to Judo, eventually i found N. Shaolin and now Hung Fut.

i agree with street fighter, except in a less hatefull way. what better afterschool program is there for a teenager than to learn some moves, hit some pads, and sometimes hit his friends. i stuck with it for 3 years but started looking elsewhere once i could drive.

at 7 i started in tkd then at 13 hung kune
    now nan quan and valetudo
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

cjurakpt Guest
    in 1985, at 15, like many others, I started "traditional" (WTF) TKD with one of those real bad-azz Korean instructors, who, unfortunately, lacking in ethics what he had in physical prowress, and skipped town in about a year when he went broke; I next checked out an anti-WTF Moo Duk Kwan TKD school, (offshoot of Richard Chun) full-time for about a year and a half, then part-time for another 2 1/2 years or so while I was at college, where I studied to varying degrees: Filipino stick fighting (Vee Arnis Jitsu), Jiu-jitsu (Eizan Ryu), Aikido (NY Aikikai), a little Shoryn Ryu and even some Capoeira, until I found our collective friend Dave Ross peddling his Lama Pai in 1989, and I was, as they say, hooked - from Dave to Chan Tai Shan was the next step after about 6 months, and he taught me primarilly Hung Kyuhn that he learned as a boy (Hung Tao Choi Mei, from a guy named Yee Hoi Lung), also some Hung Faht and a couple of weapons (lots of staff, deer horn knives, miao do, three-section, broad sword, butterfly knife with three-section whip chain); I also studied another style of arnis (Pananandata) during that time; in 1993 I left Sifu Chan and studied ba gua with BP Chan for about a year, and then, in 1995, I found my current style (Dan Tao Tai Chi and Qi Gong) and Sifu, Master Sat Chuen Hon, who I have been with ever since - 11 years and counting...