Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez vs. Paryson

Wow, what an exciting fight between Sanchez and Parisyan!

I did think it would go that way though. I've always gotten the impression that while Diego is awesome, he "shouldn't be as good as he is," so to speak. I mean nothing but good things by that - that he has tremendous faith in himself and worked his ass off to get there.

By contrast, although Karo is clearly outstanding and has also worked hard, I've felt that based on his competition history that he has been a bit disfocused and relied an awful lot on sheer talent - of which he has a great amount.

It brought to mind to me one of Rhadi's favorite adages: "Hard work beats talent when talent won't work hard."

Anyway, that's just always been my gut impression about Parisyan. I'm sure he worked his ass off to train for this, but working your ass off, and working your ass off in a completely focused, intelligent manner are two different things.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Diego won by an advantage point against Pablo Popovitch and later lost on points to him in another submission wrestling tourney. Pablo beat Renzo Gracie last year without having a point scored on him. Diego is world class elite as a grappler.
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by shiyonghua View Post
    Shonie Carter won . . . but it was because Matt Serra was in his corner and guided him evrey step of the way. This is not necessarily a hit against Carter, because he is a good fighter, but a plus for Serra; he is a great corner man and a fantasitic corner man. He is a HUGE factor for the grey team...
    I think Shonnie would have won anyway. Matt was a great corner man in that fight but I think Shonnie was just a better fighter than clementi. The biggest influence matt had was evertime clementi went for a submission, matt would scream "he's got nothing," or he would say tell shonnie the escape. Clementi lost his confidence in his submissions and gave up on them. Anyway I thought it was a great fight.

I thought it highlighted a main selling point for self defense throws. If that was concrete, Diego would have been brain scrambled many times.

Great fight. I hate Diego, but he impressed me. He dug way down for that last round and finished the fight how a fight should always be finished. It was exciting to watch.

For those who didn't see the fight, go here and just hit search again if results aren't showing:

edit: nevermind, looks like the content was removed from YouTube
    Last edited by truewrestler; 08-23-2006 at 08:11 AM.