Jujitsu comes from a Chinese form of grappling.

Not really. It would be just as correct to say it came from India or Ancient Greece.

Make sure you have read the history chapters in "Mastering JuJitsu" by Renzo Gracie and John Danaher, before arguing.

I am just guessing, but I would think the story I got was just about as good as the one you get from Gracie and Danaher. After all, the man that explained it all to me got his information from the Japanese military, which I am sure had some history on the art. Have you ever studied Japanese Jujitsu? I have and I have to say that there are a great many differences in it and the Brazillian Jujitsu. Back some 50 years ago when I first started training both WC and JJJ, I had never heard of all the different stuff that you can read about today. I have read at least a dozen histories on each one and they all seemed to be different accounts. I trust the ones I have learned in the very beginning. It all seems to make more sense to me anyway. All this stuff about time and space and all the other concepts. Great Buda, we are speaking of Kung Fu, not nuclear phisics. Believe what you want to believe. It don't really matter. No one really knows for certain anyway.