Thread: strap on leg/arm weights ???

Question strap on leg/arm weights ???

are they any good ?
    how expensive are they
    and can u make them ?
    there are only masters where there are slaves

www.myspace.com/chenzhenfromjingwu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaolin Wookie View Post
    5. The reason you know you're wrong: I'm John Takeshi, and I said so, beeyotch.

Be careful!

I used hand weights ( 2 lbers) that I bought ( neoprene with velcro fasteners) during cardio classes and after a few weeks felt something akin to really bad tennis elbow. A really bad burning sensation in my right elbow/forearm. It took a few months for it to go away ( after I stopped using the hand weights) and is better now, but I am pretty sure it was from the hand weights.

I'm not sure how much they cost - but they were specifically for aerobic workouts so I don't think I was using them incorrectly.

-David
    Last edited by CLFLPstudent; 11-16-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: spelling again, D'oh!

My sifu, myself and some of my kung fu brothers use them to mix up our training. The thing with using weights is that you need to be careful not to go too fast and over extend. Go a bit slower and don't lock out the arms or legs completely when kicking and punching. The key is to stay in control. I would only recommend using them when practicing sets versus bagwork as it is not conducive for that.

I agree, be careful.

Any exercises that use devices require that you get instruction in the pitfalls of their use and the correct use of the device.

bad lifting is not beneficial and can lead to a lot of malady.

make sure you get some proper guidance and avoid cheap advice or happenstance advice of "try this" or"try that".

before undergoing any vigorous routine of exercise, consult your physician to ensure that youare able to do so and can maintain doing so.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

LOL!! I used to drill Side Kicks with 15 pound ankle weigths...til I got board going slow, and kicked so hard the velcro ripped right off the weight, sending it flying into Thresa's ceramic pottery!!

I killed the ceramic pot, and severly injured the plant she had growing in it.

I was cut of for days!! Thank God she was a nympho, and could not handle witholding for too long!!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

in most countries
    royal dragon would be referred to as

nuts

what about just wearing them casually
    walking around wouldnt that just force your bidy ti get stronger ?

This might sound crazy but i wear them to bed I was given some information that the body moves over 200 times a night so I thought hey and wear them to bed woke up like having a awesome workout at the gym I didnt and dont do it every night like 1-2 a week at most.
    Go hard or go home or some where else up to you

http://therandomandthefit.blogspot.com.au/

ankle weights

I use them once a week 3 to 4 hrs,do concentracted kicks,slow sets ,lunges,great results.

so where can u get them ?
    any particular type of store
    any good uk based web sites ?

weights

try www.everlast.com look under training/weights.

Wrist ankle weights

all teh advice given so far is very good, may Ialso suggest avoiding loose packed weights expecially with sand, the kinetic energy still travels a little in the sand even though your punch kick may have stopped ....bad for joints

Reebok do a very good componud runnber set of wrist, ankle, hand and body vest weights, under the brand or Iron Wear, they are expensive but use the wet suit material neoprene to house the rubber weight in. Very comfortable and allows for a good secure fit.

I use the whole range of Iron wear, and find it excellent...my legs grew massivly through use of the iron vest, stance work ...hee hee is now fun to do with out the vest on
    Kune Belay Sau

love the weight vest it is a great way to train stances,take it off and do some sets it feels like your flying.light body technique?

I use a dumbell when I do my punch training. And I feel it helps a great deal.