Thread: CLF ? as a first TCMA

CLF ? as a first TCMA

Hey all I was told to post any questions regarding CLF on this part of the forum I found a CLF school near my house with a great schedule and Ive heard nothing but good things from other Kung Fu Practioners I know. Just wondering first off how does CLF compare in "realism" and in other aspects in the TCMA community ? The name of the school is "Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut" any help would be great thanks

CLF was my first TCMA, and 11 years later I'm still with it
    Go along and check out a class, have a chat with the sifu and see what you think. If you think of any further questions we'll be more than happy to help.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda
    Hey all I was told to post any questions regarding CLF on this part of the forum I found a CLF school near my house with a great schedule and Ive heard nothing but good things from other Kung Fu Practioners I know. Just wondering first off how does CLF compare in "realism" and in other aspects in the TCMA community ? The name of the school is "Lee Koon Hung Choy Lay Fut" any help would be great thanks
    Choy Lay Fut sets a good foundation for whatever you want to do in martial arts. It teaches you to generate power from the waist, whole body power, coordination, flexibility, etc, etc.

There are "subtler" martial arts like Taiji that refine movement even more but CLF will give you a good start.

There are some guys from LKH CLF that post on here so I'm sure they'll fill you in.

FP

hey, and if you start training there still this month, I'd probably meet you next week :-)

CLF is pretty close to realistic. We use CLF in San shou with great success. I also works clubs and events, and have had my fair share of real life situations.
    得 心 應 手

蔡 李 佛 中 國 武 術 學 院 - ( 南 非 )

Blog Entries
    me too.........
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

i study there. there are a few people on here from there. come check us out. would be glad to see you. also we just moved to a new building about a month ago. still close to the old location.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Yeah, I'd have to agree with everyone who posted so far, Choy Lee Fut has great application in street scenarios. Just don't act stupid and try to do things you aren't comfortable with. And know the difference between the flashy stuff for forms, and the more utile stuff for fighting; I know they can get confused with one another for the first few months.

And I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with Choy Lee Fut, just get past Ng Ln Ma and you'll be having a blast. Even doing Ng Ln Ma is fun, just learning it gets boring.

You should study krav-maga

Its combat tested and taught by ex-israel commandos who tie you up and blind fold you in the class and make you get out of the ropes while they beat you.

Its real.
    Bryan Davis

Yes, that's a situation I find myself in often
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash
    Yes, that's a situation I find myself in often
    Ohh, kinky bast**d ehh!

Bryan, can you imagine Sifu doing that?

It would be kinda fun, for the first time.

Imma miss you guys.

Ey, Armando, Patrick, and I are going to dinner, I think the 16th if you can make it. I'll call you later.

Ill go, just let me know. Ill be in class saturday.
    Bryan Davis