Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: a video of me in 2003

Blog Entries

a video of me in 2003

Ok, Here we go.

I have saved on my computer of me in competition back in 2003, I didn't know i was competing until i got there.

Any ways, it's saved on my computer as an wmv file, so how can i get ya'll to view it?

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Hey hskwarrior!
    Go to http://www.youtube.com
    And create an account, it's free.
    There's a tab on the far right that says "Upload"
    From there you can load your video, I think it will take the .wmv file.

How's the weather in San Fran? I bet it was a relief from the Texas heat.

The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Blog Entries
    I think this is it, i hope......let's see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhxlzefVHnc

ok, as i promised...........

First and foremost, I ask everyone to take into consideration that I overcame the odds of lifetime parallazation from the waist down. I was wheelchair bound for life, and to be able to come back from that and look ok is to me incredible.

I'm not proud of this demo, but i'm definetly not ashamed.

hsk
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 07-25-2006 at 08:16 PM.

Blog Entries

the moment i stepped out of sfo it was like heaven. i love the cold brisk air, and truthfully, the air is sf smells so much nicer.

During the days its around 80 degrees, but it cools down considerably at night.

I hope you get to go next year, i plan on getting a hotel room instead of staying with my student this time. I want to party.

anyways, hope you like the clip.

hsk

Very cool HSK, good job.

Blog Entries
    thanks chud,

Still, that was just the first part of our sup gee.

Truthfully, I waited to compete all damm day and because of that was drained. I don't know where i pulled out the energy to perform, but at least I came out in first place that day.

But, again, thanks for the kind words.

hsk

Blog Entries
    Nice video hsk! Very relaxed and powerful!

The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

Blog Entries

you're just being nice to me.

But as you can see.....I'm not nearly ashamed of this performance than the one of me dropping my stick.

hsk

Thumbs up

Great job! Looked solid to me. Nothing at all to be ashamed of, especially given the circumstances. Also, props to you for posting a video of yourself doing forms, and one that you admit is not your best. Alot of people wouldn't have the guts to do that.

hsk

after meeting you and stuff man. i was wondering how you would move. nice vid man.

lueb
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Blog Entries
    thanks Xia.

I don't want to go down memory lane, but no one will ever understand how hard it was even to get where i was during that taping of this set.

Even today, I am still recovering and my legs keep getting stronger and stronger. Most won't understand that, but man it's nice not to be stuck in a wheel chair.

Peace Xia,

HSK

Blog Entries
    lueb,

yeah, i get alot of people thinking cause i'm heavy set and walk sorta slowly, people underestimate me, but i like it that way cause its unassuming that way.

folks who choose to mess with me gets a surpise for that arse, but when I want to I can turn up the speed anytime i want to.

Hope to see you again next year.

Alot of people assume that being heavy-set means the person is lacking physically. This is enforced by frauds that peddle martial arts B.S., who are often overweight. But besides being overweight, a more trained eye can pick out other signs of not being in-shape. Alot of those scammers have zero muscle tone and are just pure flab. Then when one does see them "move", one sees bad martial arts. This doesn't mean that all heavy-set people are like this. Some people simply can't be "skinny". People with this bodytype can still keep fat percentage as low as good health allows, and they can still build muscle and speed.
    Last edited by The Xia; 07-25-2006 at 10:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Xia,

Truthfully, that wasn't nearly as fast as I truly am. But I plan to show up at Tai Ji legacy next in way better shape, but I do have speed, but i can imagine if i was a lot lighter the speed i would have then.

I sort of like being the weight i am, but i want to look physically better.

but anyways, you know what it means when people assume right?

hsk

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior
    Xia,

Truthfully, that wasn't nearly as fast as I truly am. But I plan to show up at Tai Ji legacy next in way better shape, but I do have speed, but i can imagine if i was a lot lighter the speed i would have then.

I sort of like being the weight i am, but i want to look physically better.

but anyways, you know what it means when people assume right?

hsk
    There are plenty of stories abound about people that make assumptions and act accordingly. The adverage person would always bet on the tall muscular guy in a fight, even though this isn't the thing to go by.
    In terms of the weight thing, as I said before, its best to aim for the healthiest most functional body you can get. In today's GQ culture alot of guy's want to be the tall archetypical V-Shape, but we can't all have that. Wisest thing to do is forget about looks and concentrate on function.
    Last edited by The Xia; 08-31-2006 at 11:44 AM.