Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: ATTN!!!! Help me interview steve seagal

I think the approach is wrong when asking questions

about martial arts to seagal. I remember when i first saw seagal "above the law". i had such respect for the movie and what he was able to display in that film. i dont think we had ever seen aiki-juitsu choreographed in movies before that time. He capitolized on it in film and made his success doing that(as corny as his film titles were and his films, i still loved the choreography.

BUT THEN,,,the interviews started. ive seen his interviews on the old Arsenio Hall show and boy what a massive sh!t talking ego maniac he was, and still is to a degree. I also remember those other ego maniac martial artists that were bruised by all his sh!t talk and they all issued that challenge to him in a kung fu mag. what a bunch of horsemanure.

So ever since it has been cheesy movies with decent choreographed aiki-juitsu fight routines and now its MUSIC.

If i were interviewing Seagal my only question to him would be what he truly thinks of the philosophies and teachings of Ueshiba Moreihai and if he thinks he has followed those principles with regards to his martial training teaching and career in hollywood and his dealings with people in general. Sensei Moreihai is the founder of Ki-aikido in case some didnt know what i was referring to.

to be honest i have no real respect for the guy.

If i Was brown nosing to get next to some martial arts movie star like some groupie on speed id wanna get next to someone of better calibre, say like jackie chan or jet li.

As Always, TWS
    Last edited by The Willow Sword; 06-21-2006 at 06:49 PM.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Willow Sword
    If i Was brown nosing to get next to some martial arts movie star like some groupie on speed id wanna get next to someone of better calibre, say like jackie chan or jet li.
    surely, that's not directed at me...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Not at all SS. Apologies if i made it read like that. As i understood it you were trying to get in an interview with Seagal for a mag. i dont put Mag reporters or aspiring ones in that brown nosing groupie category, hehehe just myself

Peace,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

On and off screen.

I heard friends that know Jet Li talking about him.

On screen, he was always projected as a cold blooded assasin or police or agent in American/hollywood movies.

Off screen, he is an easy short guy that smiles a lot and likes to eat dumpling/Jiao Zi including for birthday.

me like Jiao Zi plenty, too.

Jackie Chan likes to be considered as a comedian and bring fun and laughs to the world on and off screens.