Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: world cup starts friday

i got my homeland Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

What a flying start!

After just 17 mins it's 2-1 to Germany vs Costa Rica!

yeah i know 2-1 already. this is decent.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

but dude...come on...it is

whining about whiners is still whining

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Croatia. Not my homeland (my parents) but I'm bi-cultural I guess (I speak the language and have a strong connection to my roots). I'm not too hopeful because all of their good players usually leave to play for other teams. We'll see.
    Last edited by Anthony; 06-09-2006 at 10:12 AM.

World cup soccer is awesome. I wish we did have a more competitive team, though I guess I wouldn't want to give up our dominance in track & field, or north american sports in order to get it. (steering athletes towards soccer)

so, um

I was watching this today(it was on tv at work) and let me get this straight:the clock moves forward?????? And then the clock just stopped during play, wtf?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

used to be in the yookay, but now in my own little world.
    can I just add it's FOOTBALL not Soccer what ever that is. FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL,

Can't wait till the US games. We probably drew the toughest group. Still, I have confidence in our boys.

Mano Mano

Too right. It's FOOTBALL. Not Soccer.

The world cup is the best sporting event on the planet. It sets the "World Series" on fire and then stands back, arms folded, refusing to even p1ss on it to put out the flames.

Scotland to win!!!

******....they didn't qualify.

Trinidad & Tobago to win!!!
    "We had a thing to settle so I did him"
    Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

when I played in a select soccer league(yeah, I was good) it was called soccer. And I have heard of football, you should watch it, it is a much more complex and exciting game.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

i know its football, but im form usa where we call it soccer. if i was in anywhere else i would call it football. sorry guys.

GERMANY WON!!! oh yeah but they played crappy. ecquador beat poland 2-0. USA plays monday at 12(est) i believe.

football soccer football soccer football soccer football soccer football soccer

I am geetting a little mixed up. But hey, shaolinleub, USA is in the world cup? wtf. I thought only little kids play it here.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro
    I am geetting a little mixed up. But hey, shaolinleub, USA is in the world cup? wtf. I thought only little kids play it here.
    actually there are more women in the usa then anywhere in the world that play soccer (football) and its only grown stronger since the women won their world cup. also we are the only country in the world where more women play then men. in europe its like 90% re men 10% women. in the usa its like 60% women 40% men. but i guess usa is an under dog again this year (or cant be taken lightly anymore) and expecting a lot out of them. usa got some tough matches. but it should be a good bought. i think usa will make it to 2nd round.

go usa we got talent, but i always root for germany.

that was a commercial not the world cup, get your facts straight