Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Women

Quote Originally Posted by neilhytholt
    and they get their $$$ from being pretentious and seeming educated.
    Technically, I guess we get our $$$ because we are educated, not just seeming it? And believe me, 'uneducated' people are often the ones with more $$$. But it does seem like you have a chip on your shoulder about this - was one of the previous wives/girlfriends who apparently messed you up so much... an academic?

You know, I don't like to talk about my own experiences because it's so hard thinking about it.

But I was a naive guy. I didn't understand women. I got married, thinking that my wife was great and stable, etc. She came from a good family, she didn't show any bad behavior.

But she was not. She wanted to stay home because she said it would be better for the kids. I went along with it -- I didn't think it would be a problem. She always complained about how hard it was taking care of the kids, so I helped out with the chores. In fact, like my dad, I did most of the work around the house.

Anyway, evidently she had too much time on her hands, and there started to be warning signs, like she got pulled over for erratic driving. She blamed it on her prescriptions, and I believed her. Turns out she was on something other than prescription medicine. Then our son almost drowned in the hot-tub. Luckily, a neighbor happened to be watching at the time because he was retired and doing some cutting on his tree, and he got him out in time. Thank goodness for retired snoopy neighbors, or my son wouldn't be here today. It turns out that my wife was busy screwing some old boyfriend and wasn't paying attention to the kids.

Anyway, bottom line is my wife wasn't a very good mom, and now I have custody of both my son and daughter, after a lengthy court battle where she tried everything she could do to discredit me, she lied about everything, and I had to get testimony from everybody from neighbors to doctors to her own relatives.

So when people are always saying it's the man's fault, it's just wrong. It's more than wrong, it's just plain stupid. You can do everything right and it can still get messed up.

So I'm sorry if, when I see young guys like Hieronym, about to make the same mistakes that I made, I go off. But calling it pre-pubescent or whatever is just wrong. It's more than wrong, it's just moronic.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 05-24-2006 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekabin
    Technically, I guess we get our $$$ because we are educated, not just seeming it? And believe me, 'uneducated' people are often the ones with more $$$. But it does seem like you have a chip on your shoulder about this - was one of the previous wives/girlfriends who apparently messed you up so much... an academic?
    No, my wife wasn't an academic. But I have dealt with academics, and the soft sciences are (almost) total B.S. At least in the sciences they usually have raw data.

It's very easy to lie with statistics. It happens in the hard sciences, but at least there they usually have reproducible experiments. But the soft sciences are too subjective.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 05-24-2006 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekabin
    Er... I think you'll find that it's not so much the 'adolescent' manner of putting forth arguments that provokes the response. Rather, that your arguments appear to be b*ll*cks.
    I'll agree I haven't made my case very well. Here's a little paper out of New Zealand that I think explains my case from the financial direction.

http://www.massey.ac.nz/~kbirks/gender/econ/marry.htm

As for the rest, well, whatever. I'm not going to waste my time putting together a researched paper on it. I think the 25% herpes rate for women and 20% herpes rate for men (at least in the U.S. -- check the CDC if you don't believe me), underscores the need to be careful about sex.
    Last edited by neilhytholt; 05-24-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Oh, BTW, the ex is back living with her parents because I sued her for negligence and won. Whoever said there was no justice didn't have a good lawyer.

OK, I'm having fun now.

So what are you pi$$ing and moaning about Neilhytholt? It sounds like you won the battles. Yeah, it sucks that you had to go through it all, but we all have our yoke to bear. My brother also had a HORRIBLE wife, and he, too, has custody of the children. Things ARE changing, slowly, when appropriate.

For the most part, it's still the woman's responsibility to take care of the kids....and do a sh!tload of work around the house as well, often work outside the house for extra money. And if you don't think it's hard to raise kids, you're off your rocker because those little beasts (yes, I love them) can drive you to the point of insanity. You have custody of your kids, so you ought to know. Or do you pay a woman (daycare worker) to watch them? It's not the same thing.

Some guys help out and do their fair share.....SOME guys. A lot of guys don't. They still want to be lord of the manor, walk around as if they are superior, and then they don't understand when their wives dump their lazy a$$es. "Oh, she's so mean.......she's so cold and calculating.....I gave her everything......." Yeah, everything but an equal partner.

There are good guys out there and bad guys. There are good women out there and bad women. IT'S NOT A GENDER ISSUE. IT'S A PERSON ISSUE. If you want to find a decent woman, you will. If you'd rather sulk and fling accusations, you will reap what you sow. But these sweeping generalizations have got to go.

And as for refusing to marry women, it'll never happen--NEVER HAPPEN. Got that? Women don't NEED to be married to have a family and enjoy all that goes with that into their old age. Men do, for the most part. Sorry, but that's the way it is. I didn't make the rules, Nature did. You can console yourself with the fact that you're much bigger and stronger than most of us women--almost everyone on the planet is bigger and stronger than me. If it seems like small consolation, you can always wish for better in the next life.

If you really don't want to get married......then DON'T. It's just like those people who say they are against abortion. Really? Then freakin' don't have one!

Now...........Mat..........I will fight you to the death in a cage. Or something.

you cant let things eat at you like that man.

to assume everyone is the same is the wrong assumption to make.

what has happend is, and what will be is left up to you.

its like fire, you get burned at some point. but you dont just never use fire again. you just learn how to do things the right way. learn from the past. dont fear it.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

viviana

[QUOTE=viviana]How did that initial question get here? You are all very funny, but I see how I may feel intimidated.

V[/Q
    FYI, if you have questions, most on here are very helpful, and they can be funny too
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

V~

dont be too intimidated. many of us on here are just stuck in an office all day, and get that wackyness in us that comes from being cooped up like chickens.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    watch the video i posted ****ers

it is teh funny
    yeah, i date fire!

GDA, are you covered in glass? i'm coming over.
    East River Dragon Style, Lam Family
    東河龍形 - 林家拳, 林志平,師傅

Quote Originally Posted by Mel
    OK, I'm having fun now.

So what are you pi$$ing and moaning about Neilhytholt? It sounds like you won the battles. Yeah, it sucks that you had to go through it all, but we all have our yoke to bear. My brother also had a HORRIBLE wife, and he, too, has custody of the children. Things ARE changing, slowly, when appropriate.

If you really don't want to get married......then DON'T. It's just like those people who say they are against abortion. Really? Then freakin' don't have one!

Now...........Mat..........I will fight you to the death in a cage. Or something.
    No, I don't watch them during the day, except on weekends. They're in school now, but it's been a bit tough during the summers, but my parents have been helping out.

But really they're pretty much self-maintaining, beyond the obvious doctors visits, clothes shopping and all that.

It is a lot of work, but a lot less than I thought. IMHO the reason American families suck so badly and the kids take so much work is women running the show.

In fact, I've got my kids helping out around the house now, and we make it into games to see who can get done the quickest. Then we treat ourselves with stuff like ice cream or video games.

Get the woman out of the picture and the kids do what you say with very little griping. Weird how that works. I think it's got something to do with getting attention out of the mom and moms spoiling kids.

yeah, i date fire!

GDA, are you covered in glass? i'm coming over.
    hehe ... that guy is my hero.
    where's my beer?

Get the woman out of the picture and the kids do what you say with very little griping.
    wow.

i bet mel is gonna pop a blood vessel.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    wow.

i bet mel is gonna pop a blood vessel.
    Well I used to be a liberal, but after this entire family thing, I guess I'm more of a conservative. IMHO the reason for the breakdown of the family and so many delinquents and stuff in the U.S. is due to a lack of fathers running the show.

If you look at the most delinquent people, they're mostly children of single mothers. IMHO kids get spoiled by their mothers, literally.

Speaking of cages, rufntufgirl ...

I think I know you. Does your dad race horses at belmont in LI and didn't your family have a small bread and oil store on Mott St in NYC?