Thread: combat Arts

Angry combat Arts

Im new to this board and Im new to the MA world this is all new to me it seems like I have a million questions but I seemed to have narrowed them abit.
    Which of the following arts are more aggressive deadly and are more street fighter oriented?
    Northern Preying Mantis
    Long Fist
    Eagle Claw
    Baji Chuan
    Piqua Chuan
    Bagua Chuan

And of all these art which is the easiest to learn and quickest to actually use in a real life situation, taking consideration and with my family and work my learning time would be about 2-4 hrs per week or 1x per week, I could actually train solo at home on a daily basis because i have a home based business which is internet based. I really need to learn to fight and be good cause I live in a well known gang area where the criminal activity is extremely high .

none of them?

they are methods of learning martiality.

one could study a martial art all their life and still get whomped in a street fight no mattrer what the style.

To look to the outside of a vessel tells you nothing about what's inside it. It could be labeled water and be filled with chili oil.

Martial art study is concepts, ideas, body learning and so on, but it has little to do with whether or not you got the guts to defend yourself or someone else.

If you as a person want to defend yourself, then martial arts will give you a method to do so, but they will not be a shield because you know them. Only you as a person can be that and only you as a person can face that in order to know.

but street fighting arts as a phrase is an oxymoron. street fighting is dirty business, and so, you gotta think that way. Otherwise, keep off the streets and keep your nose clean.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

^ he's right you know...

if you want to learn to defend yourself as quickly as possible kung fu is probably the wrong way to go.

you'd probably be better off doing muay thai/kickboxing/wrestling if thats all you are trying to get out of it. these aren't magic bullets either, but they focus more on just fighting.

The thing about kung fu is without high-level phyiscal conditioning it won't work anyway.

Just because you know some cool kung fu fighting applications doesn't mean you'll be able to use them.

IMO the best defense against gangland style violence is Kevlar-Do.

its very easy and quick to learn
    Words!

Just words!

yeah what they said. and though i am not usually one to knit pick i thought i should point out that its bagua zhang not bagua quan. quan refers to fists and zhang refers to palms. bagua uses the palm as its primary means of striking.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushing Fist
    you'd probably be better off doing muay thai/kickboxing/wrestling if thats all you are trying to get out of it. these aren't magic bullets either, but they focus more on just fighting.
    Ive been doing that for over two years and it didnt do me too good did it against someone with a longer each and unorthodox attacks? teh only thing that works is street fighting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cybermantis
    Im new to this board and Im new to the MA world this is all new to me it seems like I have a million questions but I seemed to have narrowed them abit.
    Which of the following arts are more aggressive deadly and are more street fighter oriented?
    Northern Preying Mantis
    Long Fist
    Eagle Claw
    Baji Chuan
    Piqua Chuan
    Bagua Chuan

And of all these art which is the easiest to learn and quickest to actually use in a real life situation, taking consideration and with my family and work my learning time would be about 2-4 hrs per week or 1x per week, I could actually train solo at home on a daily basis because i have a home based business which is internet based. I really need to learn to fight and be good cause I live in a well known gang area where the criminal activity is extremely high .

BOXING!!!!

I really need to learn to fight and be good cause I live in a well known gang area where the criminal activity is extremely high .
    move out of the neighborhood. cell phone at hand to call 911. run and dodge.--

Northern Preying Mantis
    Long Fist
    Eagle Claw
    Baji Chuan
    Piqua Chuan
    Bagua Chuan
    unfortunately, they all take times to learn and practice.
    NPM: need to practice a strong forearm and wrist, quick steps, up and down, left and right--

LF: stand in postures first.

EC: strong grips and fingers.

BJ: stand in postures first, too.

PQ: loosen up back, shoulder, hip, flexibility all over first.

BG: stand and walk first.

quick and easy or instantly learned. I am afraid not.

Buy a gun.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Call Remo.
    Many roads. One path.

Many styles. One art.

Many lineages. One practioner.

id say you stole my post but you actually provided resources too.

cybermantis ... also keep in mind that most people aren't hating on kung fu so much as being realistic. if you were to walk in any one of those schools and be sparring realistically within a week or two it would be different. but this just isnt the case. sport oriented styles on the other hand will have you going toe to toe with your training brothers almost immediatley. and dont let that put you off either ..... its not as uncomfortable as it sounds. there's little room for ego when everyone knows exactly where they stand. if you want to learn to fight you need to be fighting. if you want to learn quickly pickup some sport striking and grappling. then after you have a base in fighting you can pursue kung fu in a much more enlightened way.

also guns always win.
    where's my beer?

your post

well I never intended to take your post as being I am new to this internt and board I had a question that bothered me and so that all I did was ask what was on my mind ? My deepest apology if I offended you?

Your best et is to move. You have a home based buisness, so it does not matter where you live, so long as you have an high speed internet hookup avaliable...which is just about everywhere.

It is better to have a smaller residence in a better neighborhood, than a bigger one in a bad neighborhood.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Buy a gun.
    gun dun keel people.

people keel people.

can't resist.