Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Why CMA Doesn't Win the UFC

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter
    West coast.
    Looks interesting, though. I'm interested in checking it out. Where are they doing this in CA?
    What kind of training do you do? Do you train in group tactics?

I'm also interest to find out why the "lmao....sca..." from PangQuan.

Seek out a baronial fighter practice. The SCA is all over California. Watch first, then if it’s your bag…. Ask someone if you could barrow some loaner armor to start fighting.. ( I would recommend you tell everyone who you fight you are a new…. at least for a couple of weeks so they get to know your face……….Most should know just by how you move……

Find a Duke or Earl (someone who has won a crown by right of arms…..) ask him to train you….. We usually teach on a one to one basis and don’t do classes (only at events…..) be sincere etc…show respect etc,,,etc…..Normal stuff….

We fight in teams etc...each region or the US (kingdoms) assembles thier best and fight to see who's best in the SCA (those battles resembles football with sticks and can get down right nasty...........

large mass battles with up 200 men formations with 1500 per side etc.....

My favorite Pennsic battle is the woods battle 3000 guys in a woods with a large evergreen forest running through it talk about isolated pockest of thugery......

see and you shall find ,.....its all on the internet....the SCA in a society that re-searches the middle ages not to roll play it....big difference and often confused by the general populace

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00
    You see what I'm talking about Green Cloud? Abel is a kf guy who for years has ran his mouth about how tough he is but has never proven it.
    Have you?!??! All we have of you is your litlle tiff with Ralek. And all the "matches" you've done. We've never seen video of you.

Quote Originally Posted by PangQuan
    lol, i didnt hang with a group. i just went to watch to see what it was about.

checked out the rules and regulations and wanted to see what it was.

no i didnt get "used for a pell"

i do, however, find it humerous i say something about padded weapons, and you take it pretty personally, resorting to assumptions about how i got "owned" at an sca event.

never participated...

i became interested just now so i checked out the "rules of the list"

interesting material, concerning weapon fabrication and combat regulations.
    …. well your right about taking the padded weapons personally...... because I just got done posting a site with a crap load of pictures with guys using weapons that can beat the tar out of most men and make them cry…lol........Boffers?.......

I have run into a lot of people on news groups like this ...... as I pry into their wild assumptions....about the SCA I find out that its just that...someone kicked the crap out of them...over nothing but an ego trip........Sad....

And how was I supposed to take this?

“ for the most part its foam padded boffles with crappy practitioners.”
    if you have the right circle i suppose you could get some valuable experience but i would say over all i would say you can get better practice at a western or eastern fencing school.

And you didn't even don armor and trade blows….? Interesting very interesting…..yet you asserted
    you can get better practice at a western or eastern fencing school

Please go to a baronial fight practice... stay away from small shire fight practice they usually are thug feast with little skill being displayed...(they probably will just beat on you instead of train you....)

The closer you get to the crown in your area the better caliber of fighter you will find... go seek a fight with a duke and tell me what you think………be sure to get his name……
    I’m sure you will find their skill up to par…….

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinTiger00
    He has been asked several times by other mma'ers here to fight and he evades at all costs.
    Pft,, right

You gonna be in Miami any time soon? Like say, the 30th. Thats were I'll be. You can come scatch your itch then.

Its so typical. Your response to questions you don't want to answer is if I, a 37 year old guy with no interest in sport fighting, would get into a cage for your amusment. Ok, I pick you.
    Last edited by SifuAbel; 05-16-2006 at 01:25 PM.

it appears, and hopefully, i was at a section or an event that had these brutish slugfests you describe.

i only know what i have seen, which is little at best.

i had no idea how the community worked until now. ive done some reading the past couple hours, and it is interesting. sounds like something i might even enjoy getting involved in.

the only thing i would say is there needs to be more regulation by those in power at these events to keep things a bit more professional. or you get observations like what mine was.

understandable that in any large organization like this, there will be those who do not correctly represent themselves in accordance with thier over all group, or kingdom as it were.

a friend of mine had some business at one of these events a couple times and i kind of went along as his company. planted myself to wait for him by a bunch of people practicing.

must have been the wrong place to plant.

so, hung le, got a schedule of when a good example will be near me?

portland, oregon.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

yea, I'll make some calls and find out whats going on near you....check back on this thread either later tonight or tommorow (probably tommorow for I have fight pratice tonight....)

ok, hey thanks
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

Pangquan

Easier than I thought it would be...........

I’m told Mondays at 7pm is the baronial fight practice at Multnomah Arts center 7688 SW Capitol Highway in Portland zip code 97219 phone ….503 –236 9856 (the Marshall in charged ..i.e. guy named Meri …. )

This is a baronial fight practice so their should be plenty of belted fighters there (guys wearing white belts, move real fast, hit real hard ….…….if not, ask where they are and go there……..

Watch out now! … I find there are three types of people you understand the SCA, and you get what we are doing or you think its so, so….or you hate it and think its stupid….. …If you get it and understand it……it’s a very very deep rabbit whole, your mundane friends may never see you again…………….

Best of luck ….hope you find what you are looking for ………tell them a midrealm’er sent you……….and I hope to see some of those *******s at Pennsic and they better fight for us this year………………!

The original question was Why CMA doesn't win in the UFC. I will say it ONE LAST TIME. If this were a court of law this question would have been thrown out due to inconclusive evidence. That means that there isn't enough evidence to support this argument or claim.

Seven* I'm just pointing out the obvious, you guys waste a lot of time trying to prove that CMA is not effective when it comes to fighting. Not true we just don't travel in the same circles. I have guys competing in all different venues, sometimes they win sometimes they loose it's all part of the training.

St said hoi lee is not a fighter, how does he know that. did he ever fight the guy. The statement is, stupid the man is what in his 50's he is now a coach he doesn't fight any more.

That's like saying my sifu is not a fighter no da the man is dead.

As far as respect goes I don't see any, not when respected sifus are expected to walk into the octagon to support their argument.

Petty ****e like spelling that these guys always bring up as an argument. Common have you ever seen a Dr, fill out a prescription. Just because I don't take the time to use spell check doesn't mean I'm not smart.

Mysteri thank you for the kind words I'l see you soon.

The fact is if you go back and read some of the threads the MMA guys like KF come off very rude.

7* just because I don't collect UFC players cards and know all the stats that doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.

The bottom line is Kung Fu is a different mind set and you guys don't understand it or care to.

I know what why don't we hold a MMA event for all the guys on this thread and lets see who shows up.

Show me where Kung Fu guys have competed in UFC and lost to MMA, And Seven please don't repeat your self with the handfull of guys that you mentioned that I never herd of give me a break.

The fact is if any one of you guys stepped on the mat with me I'l wip you like yo Moma should have.

Kung Fu trains for the street not for MMA Octagon, our national sport is San Da San Shou. That is our venue. We have other persuits and Ideals, not the same as MMA people.

We do not give into the flavor of the month not that we don't take it into consideration when it comes to training.

greencloud.net

i have an idea...

who cares...

its like saying how come you never see any mma guys winning in san da, or forms competitions.

cause they dont enter.

how many mma guys you think can beat me in a staff fight. not many unless they train it.

i got no prob with mma at all. i enjoy it. i dont train for sport period. not gonna change just to stroke my ego, or try and prove anyone wrong.

i train for me, as should and do most. so with that said, thats why kung fu guys dont win UFC. we dont train for that, you see, a kung fu guy is in kung fu because thats what he wants, if he wanted MMA he would be there.

its apples and oranges, ONCE AGAIN.

it still suprises me at how often this has to be REPEATED.

geeeeeeeeezzzz
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

next time an MMA guy challenges a non sport fighter to go sport fight, they should at the same time accept a spear duel too, make it fair.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Smile

green cloud,

i understand ur plight. the fact of the matter is that there's nothing new under the sun, things jus sometimes show in a different way. i have nothin against MMA stuff, it's cool to watch, they keep me entertained. people will continue to talk and that's fine, talk is talk. i don't feel the need to be validated by anyone and when someone feels the need to validate me i'm not hard to find. maybe they'll "beat" me senseless, or maybe they jus might learn somethin. there's really jus no use to debating effectiveness of martial arts. eventually people will run out of stuff to talk about and after it blows over, truth will still be truth. people can take it or leave it, no skin off my back.
    "Pride builds walls between people; Humility builds bridges."- R. Warren

Pangquan-

the foam/padded weapons thing was probably a different org. For at least the last 12 years since i first heard about them, the SCA has used weapons of hard wood and/or metal.

First experience with SCA was a couple buds on Okinawa who didn't think the chapter on Oki was all that skilled but the stories I've heard since coming back stateside have me intrigued. I think the skill level has definitely improved over the last decade.

hung le-

looks like fun.

SifuAbel-

ST00 made himself available to any and all people in the MD/VA/DC area who wanted to meet him and/or test him out. The one big gathering I was at had myself, ST00, Apoweyn, Suntzu, MerryP, No Know, and others. He more than held his own. Not that I agree with his insults though, I wanna stay outta that.

Change of subject- So you moved back to Florida from Cali?
    How's it feel being back?
    Just got back to Texas from time in MD/VA/DC and I'm having a real hard time readjusting to the climate change.

ST00

Now that I'm not in DC, i don't gotta be polite anymore. I wouldn't say that Hoy Lee wasn't a fighter. The whole bruhaha with him and the people in DC was that he wanted to fight too much. He thought of a particular someone as more of a friend/associate than a teacher and wanted to challenge him for the right to teach. However; I will agree that he probably doesn't wanna run a fighting gym - can be distracting and doesn't win him many brownie points in the kung fu world. I got the same kinda response from where I was training before too: the guy I introduced to you at the gym has fought & is good, but encouraged me to go elsewhere if I was interested in stepping in the ring. To be totally frank, in this country, these days, the sign of a successful kung fu school is not how many fighters you got in local amateur events.

Green Cloud

The only real way to end these frustrating discussions is to just keep doing your thing. The legit schools that train fighters just gotta keep an open mind and keep trying out new events. Eventually someone's gonna make a splash & the speculation will cease. The traditional kung fu route is not right for everyone though; so when guys like ST00 and me find something that fits us better, it's hard not to have a reflexive prejudice against it.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by mysteri
    anyway, the beauty of forums is that we can all get together and offer out input and points of views. it's one thing to have rational/reasonable discussions even if we're all in disagreeance, we can have a common respect for one another, go have a beer, and at the end of the day we can still crack jokes on TKD,lol(j/k). but that jus seriously is gets screwed up by trolls, who will be there regardless, but when people begin to feed trolls they'll continue to stay resident. the frustration and silliness of it all makes anyone reasonable throw up their hands and allow those people to settle things amongst themselves. but i don't mind comin through occassionally to show my face and set some records straight when need be. thanx for understanding,7*(et al). some conversations are still worthwhile.

I completely agree. I disagree with RD (among other people) all the time, but I've met him in person and he's a pretty cool guy. Trolls are one problem, another is posters that get entirely too wound up over internet discussion.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

mysteri

hey cuz. nice to see you back on KFO. Heard your forum had picked up in the wake of the demise of SFO.

Everything going well?

Went to great lengths to get a good paying job (finally) and move back here to Texas, but my body doesn't wanna cooperate.... as usual. hehe

Lots of events have been goin on in Richmond, which should be close by you. A few kung fu guys fought last time i was down there for an event. You should check it out, should be fun.

Shame I won't get to see you guys at the Wong tourney this year. If you come out here for Taiji Legacy, hit me up, got a huge place if anyone needs a place to crash.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting