Thread: Royal Bodyguard Kung Fu, Tai Chi.

Hybrid View

RD's been pretty darn honest compared to a lot of people out there. He's never set himself up as a grandmaster, and has allways been upfront as to where his kungfu comes from. He admits to learning things off of videos, and enjoys researching his favorite art... he's never sent out random lawsuit threats to people over the internet (I still don't know how I got targeted for that ). He also isn't trying to con people with some lame uber expensive fake wudang decipleship program.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    RD's been pretty darn honest compared to a lot of people out there. He's never set himself up as a grandmaster, and has allways been upfront as to where his kungfu comes from. He admits to learning things off of videos, and enjoys researching his favorite art... he's never sent out random lawsuit threats to people over the internet (I still don't know how I got targeted for that ). He also isn't trying to con people with some lame uber expensive fake wudang decipleship program.
    That's always been my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

I've met RD in person. Reguardless of how effective or ineffective his kungfu or personal training methods may be, he has never misrepresented himself. I don't even think he has students to misrepresent to.

I don't want to make any negative comments about Kash. I will only say that any certification or degree is only as good as the orginization backing it.

If you search the archives you will find posts made by me revealing my personal feelings about this particular org. years ago. Those are my personal feelings and have nothing to do with my sifu or his association.
    Hung Sing Martial Arts Association
    Self Protection, Self Confidence, Physical Fitness
    www.HungSingChoyLayFut.com

Martial Arts Training and fitness Blog
    http://hungsingmartialarts.blogspot.com/

i dont know anything about this stuff. i have never met any of you and really have nothing significant to contribute to this but i wanted to say two things.

1. I study TCMA. I am a student at Tai Yim's Hung Fut school. (Shameless Promotion Coming in 3...2...1...) and i recommend to any of you looking for an amazing school in the DC metro area to consider tai yim kungfu for all of your kungfu fighting needs. Tell them steve g. sent you (i love referral programs).

the reason i even mention that (aside from shameless promoting) is that i know how respected GM Tai Yim is in the martial arts community. and deservedly so. he's awesome. and he encourages us to spar without shoes. so to say that no TCMA or CMA or whatever you said practice in barefeet is not true.

2. i know this probably wont happen but in the off hand chance this turns into a literal knock down drag out bout of fisticuffs (i cant spell) would you two be kind enough to record it and post it in this thread?
    though i know it won't come to that. its been a pretty civil battle thus far but a guy can hope can't he?

"What the hell can you learn in 3 years? ok, a fair amount most places
    but not freakin' 'grand googlygookai mastership'" - Oso

Ssshhhhhhh, Don't Say Chao!!!

CHAO!!!!! Look David, I'm saying CHAO!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does he say these things then, if he is such a great guy? That is slander. Seems to me like he is instigating and wants attention. How does the Great RD know that Sifu Kash is fabricating his signed, sealed credentials? How does Sifu fabricate pictures of him and his teachers? How does Sifu forge authentic written genealogies placing him to inherit certain styles? How does RD, who claims to be nothing, knows not the secret way a Grandmaster can teach, think that a student can not learn from a Grandmaster the complete art in three years? How does he know this and why does he claim it can not happen? What teacher did RD study "Chao family tai chi", which is really tai tzu chang chuan?

If Sifu, the inheritor and Grandmaster of the style, wants to certify you as a master he has every right.

Why does he say these things then, if he is such a great guy? That is slander.
    What are you smoking? Saying "Ssshhhhhhh, Don't Say Chao!!!" and "CHAO!!!!! Look David, I'm saying CHAO!!!!!!!" is not slander... the other item you quoted is a quote from someone else (hence the quotation marks and the other person's name, smart guy). It's reference to something stupid that David Kash did over the internet. He uses lawsuit threats to try and frighten people, like a coward. This quote had something to do with suing over saying the name Chao... I don't remember what it was exactly, but it was pretty idiotic. To someone not in on the joke of course, it would apear to be crazyman rantings.

What teacher did RD study "Chao family tai chi", which is really tai tzu chang chuan?
    Or maybe it's the other way around... YOU'RE the one here with a credibility problem

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu goat
    "What the hell can you learn in 3 years? ok, a fair amount most places
    but not freakin' 'grand googlygookai mastership'" - Oso

Ssshhhhhhh, Don't Say Chao!!!

CHAO!!!!! Look David, I'm saying CHAO!!!!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why does he say these things then, if he is such a great guy? That is slander.

As J. Jonah Jameison says: "That is not slander. When it's in print it's libel."

That aside RD is not committing libel with these comments.

Kash really did threaten to sue him for mentioning the name Chao in online posts. All RD has done is quote Oso (and I'm sure that Oso will back up that he did in fact say those things) and then take a poke at Kash for threating completely baseless lawsuits. You don't really have a leg to stand on here goat.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

lkfmdc,
    I'm sure he did, also, thanks for the imput, and sharing your experiances. It realy helps!
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

lol its funny how all these cults of personality have a hive mind mentality. ironic.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Since when was the first version of "ANYTHING" considered a quality product in comparison to later "IMPROVED" versions. Certainly quality may easily deteriorate over time as well as improve, but to consider something superior because it is the oldest or first version is not very wise.

Hey guys!! For $15,000 I will teach you how to use Windows 3.0. After 3 years of training I promise to give you a certificate of mastery, regardless of your competency. Plus, I will throw in a neat company T-shirt and hat?
    _____

Just because something MAY have been officially sanctioned by a particular government (read: bureaucracy) doesn't automatically bestow superior quality to the product. Governments, as a matter of course, are steeped in corruption and nepotism. It would be equally unwise to assume something is superior merely because it is governmentally sanctioned; especially if it costs 10 times the going rate and a certificate is guaranteed regardless of your competency!

A promise of certification is not a promise of competency!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown
    Since when was the first version of "ANYTHING" considered a quality product in comparison to later "IMPROVED" versions. Certainly quality may easily deteriorate over time as well as improve, but to consider something superior because it is the oldest or first version is not very wise.

Hey guys!! For $15,000 I will teach you how to use Windows 3.0. After 3 years of training I promise to give you a certificate of mastery, regardless of your competency. Plus, I will throw in a neat company T-shirt and hat?
    Throw in the tao of right-click and you got a deal. T-Shirt size medium :P
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.