THU, 10 DECEMBER 2015 AT 12:00 AM
Suki Waterhouse On Her Martial Arts Training: 'Getting Punched In The Boob Is Painful'

Suki Waterhouse nabs her own cover for the January 2016 issue of Marie Claire magazine.

The 23-year-old actress shares the cover of the Next Big Thing issue with Pride and Prejudice and Zombies co-stars Lily James and Bella Heathcote.

Here’s what the three actresses had to share:

Lily on her initial thoughts on the movie: “When I saw the e-mail from my agent, I was like, This sounds terrible! Then within 20 pages of the script, I thought, This is so cool! Somehow these two worlds join together, and it’s a riot.”

Bella on the parallels to her love life and Pride and Prejudice: “There’s been a fair amount of lust at first sight. The closest I’ve come to a Pride and Prejudice relationship is Liz and Darcy-trying to fight it until you just couldn’t.”

Suki on being a brown belt in karate and going through martial arts training for the film: “I grew up doing karate, and my dad taught at our local center. I stopped doing it when I started getting boobs, because I’d get punched in the boob, and it would be so painful.”
At least she'll be ready for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.