Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yaing Main Speed Video Clip. Is This Real ???

Yaing Main Speed Video Clip. Is This Real ???

this guy claims to have developed a special way to have super speed,and still retain power. could someone please view the ddownloads,and please give input on this ? if i tried to snap my arms the way he does, i think my hand would snap off at the wrist and fly across the room. here is the link.

http://www.invisiblemaster.com/Downloads.php
    Respectfully,FanWoo

I've seen speed like that a number of times. Power is the question. In the first and third video, he pulls his punches in the demos as you would expect, so, you don't really know what kind of power he's capable of.

You'll see speed like that in some southern styles done properly, but not from beginners.

The second video with the "iron body" punching training looks a bit hokey, doesn't look like much power to me, but then again, how much would you want to use in training? Fair enough. Interesting exercises.

Training for speed like that really needs to be done with power delivery for best results. Either hitting a heavy bag, or armoured opponent.

The bag work shows a bit more power, I wonder what it is filled with? They seem to wind up into their combinations, and wind down.

Good targetting would make their stuff more effective than bashing away. The way they hit the moving bag shows some good skill in targetting, but they miss too and you can see the vulnerabilities at that time.

Overall, it looks to me like they have some juice, something groovy going on.

One can have speed and power. The only thing that doesn't feel right is that you have to practice this speed with a partner that is going to interupt your flow. You have be able to continue on the fly.

something else to consider...

The relationship between speed and power.

From Wikipedia....

>>>"Kenetic energy equals 1/2 of Mass times velocity Squared.

Thus, the kinetic energy increases with the square of the speed. This means for example that if you are traveling twice as fast, you need to lose four times as much energy to stop."<<<

You could also say, if your punch if twice as fast, it produces 4 times as much energy.

Power in speed looks different than big, heavy punches.

So, if a 16 ounce glove slows down your speed by half, yet increases the total mass by 16 ounces, what is that doing to the kenetic energy released into an object?

Or, if you are releasing a given amount of kenetic energy into a target, and you hit it with a broad fist face, or alternatively with two striking knuckles, or alternatively with a single phoenix eye fist....

I like it. There is some definate value in practicing speed like that. I see that the question of power has come up; sometimes, if you have only a little bit of power, but that much speed, you can still be succesful.

I think that, as best we can, all practitioners should work on speed, power, proper form and endurance - individually and together as a unit.

what makes you think you have to sacrifice power for speed? The slow contracting pull that you use when lifting wieghts is not power. Flexing your muscle does not equal power. Tension does not equal power. Some techniques require tension at the moment of impact to prevent colapse, but sometimes correct bone alignment is all you need. Lifting can increase mass which will increase power, and it can increase explosiveness if done right. Didn't Newton say, force = mass X speed.

I like the vids, I think that some of the demostrators looked a little too loose in some of their movements. You don't want to just flail around uncontrolled as you might hurt your self. Hyperextend an elbow, or lose a wrist. Your techniques should still travel the same controlled path that you were taught, for them to be correct.

I had heard the stone at the end of a rope metaphore before, but I think something more elastic like bungee fits better. Nice addaption of old chinese wisdom.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Can someone please post a video of someone fighting in this fashion while sparring/fighting. Thanks

Sure True Wrestler, no problem....

Wanna see it again?

force

1/2 mass times velocity squared....however we can all see in the speed produced by these demonstrations, the mass behind the "punch" is not nearly equal to the mass that would be there if body connection were present....

...I think most people could flail there arms around quite fast, but in order to get the kinetic energy to be substaintial you have to have a connection or root, other wise it is fast but disconnected and thus the mass is not really enough to do any significant damage.

just a thought.
    Bryan Davis

That's why I don't leave my arm extended after a punch.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I think Able and Lama Pie both alluded to the real issue. Structure.

Speed without structure and the power is lost, disipated. Speed with structure, or root as bigdoing said, is what makes the difference, that and the focus of force.

In the first video of the demonstraton, the instructor uses some barges, some shoulder charges of sorts to finish. You can see that he is putting a reasonable amount of mass into a short bump of an attack. To me that indicates an ability to root and anchor.

Speed and footwork are a match made in heaven.

I just watched some more vids.

Sensitivity training is good and all, but I've been told that trapping range and stuff where that would come into play doesn't exist in "real" fighting. You never see it in NHB, and it's been my experience in submission fighting classes that this is the case, too. It seems like the trapping range where sensitivity training would come into play only exists if both fighters want it to and approach the fight with that mindset. For example, with two WC guys, you might see it. With a WC guy and a kick boxer, you'd probably see the WC guy try to trap unsuccessfully. With two boxers, you wouldn't see it. You might be a little more likely to see it if one of the fighers left their arm extended after a punch. It really is a cool concept, and it's interesting to watch; it's just too bad it doesn't really come into play in real fighting.

Having a car drive over you is good and all, but can I kick you without you taking damage?
    Last edited by IronFist; 04-03-2006 at 09:26 PM.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Thumbs up Trapping range/sensitivity training

I understand your point.

IronFist writes;

Sensitivity training is good and all, but I've been told that trapping range and stuff where that would come into play doesn't exist in "real" fighting. You never see it in NHB, and it's been my experience in submission fighting classes that this is the case, too. It seems like the trapping range where sensitivity training would come into play only exists if both fighters want it to and approach the fight with that mindset. For example, with two WC guys, you might see it. With a WC guy and a kick boxer, you'd probably see the WC guy try to trap unsuccessfully. With two boxers, you wouldn't see it. You might be a little more likely to see it if one of the fighers left their arm extended after a punch. It really is a cool concept, and it's interesting to watch; it's just too bad it doesn't really come into play in real fighting.
    However; techniques, which would be most effective in trapping range aren't seen in NHB for certain reasons. Here are a few;

1. No striking to the eyes. Finger strikes aren't really very effective anywhere else. When you take them out of the game, there is not as much inscentive to get close (trapping range). Finger strikes to the eyes (or strikes and claws/grabs to the throat) are primary targets of people who fight in trapping range. You've just taken away 70% of all thier attacks by making them fight NHB rules.

2. Gloves, of any kind, limit your sensitivity. A person who can trap or fight in close, is handicapped to a large degree by gloves. Wrist sensitivity is practically non-existant with even the UFC style gloves. Plus, the gloves neutralize the power on short strikes. Personally, I can hit very hard from just a few inches away. When I put the gloves on, my strikes have much much less of an impact on my target. The gloves cussion the sharpness of your knuckles and the (knife) edge of your hand/palm.

I'm not making excuses for people who trap or practice sensitivity drills. I'm just referring to the comment about UFC or NHB style fighting.

NHB is not actually no holes barred. Like all these competitions, there are rules with do's and don't's. If I had to fight a much larger opponent or even one of equal size and strength, I would look to neutralize them with strikes/kicks to the three main targets; Eyes, Throat, Groin. All of these are "Barred" from NHB Fighting.

I'm not taking away from any of these fighters either. I respect their skills, their courage to brave the cage/ring and their tenacity (well, some of them). I certainly do not train for those type of fights, but I do recpect those who do.

And getting back to the speed thing...I do think these guys have the right idea. Once I started teaching professionally, my Sifu shared many training drills with me that helped to produce light/quick strikes that did not sacrifice any power. Some of the stuff I learned was very similiar to what I have seen on these videos.

This guys is on the right track and It's obvious that his strikes do indeed have power.

yea right

ooooh

master class Beee aaaa itch slapping !

were do I sign up?

behold.....the power of the pimp slap!

Thumbs down

ooooh

master class Beee aaaa itch slapping !

were do I sign up?

behold.....the power of the pimp slap!
    This is exactly what is wrong with these forums. As soon as an intelligent discussion takes place,..some 'tard has to stick his two cents in. Deplorable....