Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap like this gives Tai Chi / CMA a bad rep

Crap like this gives Tai Chi / CMA a bad rep

YOU MEAN YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DO THIS????????????????????????????????
    Well for a small nominal fee of $50,000 I can teach you

Said. Really, really, really sad!
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

I wonder....

Hmmm, pretty interesting....

I have experienced some really unusual stuff before, but nothing like this.

Something is happening there, I don't think it is purely an act.

But is it:
    1. This guy has some real super human skills; or
    2. The students are psychologically conditioned to behave in a certain way (I have seen a psychologist talking to a random person and end up convincing him that his hand is stuck to the window and this guy really couldn't pull his hand off the window!); or
    3. The students have been practicing wrong and suffer from Qi injuries. The way they lose control and jump around like a monkey does suggest some sort of Qi/motor neuron/brain stem damage.

I would like to keep an open mind and meet him and test it out if I can, in a totally unbiased and analytical manner. After all, if I dismiss a phenomenon without personally experiencing it, it would be unscientific (like Pythagarus drowning the guy who discovered square root of 2 does not fit into Pythagarus' theories). There are many many things out there that we cannot explain yet.

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Dude. He has ****. Save your money and meet someone with some actual skill.
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

That's Peter Young. He has been doing martial arts his entire life. I'm not his student and don't know much about him, but I do know that he knows a lot of martial art and won some tournaments I think. I think he may have some skill in this area, but his students may be suffering from the "over reaction" thing. Students love to make their master look special. At the same time, I believe there is something there quite possibly.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by yangyang
    That's Peter Young. He has been doing martial arts his entire life. I'm not his student and don't know much about him, but I do know that he knows a lot of martial art and won some tournaments I think. I think he may have some skill in this area, but his students may be suffering from the "over reaction" thing. Students love to make their master look special. At the same time, I believe there is something there quite possibly.
    lol! it was entertaining in a bad way! lol

You mean the guy in red robe is PY, he must generate a force field around himself, some of his students just bounce off him without even physical contact!

A fool and his money are some party.

Anyone remember in Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, when the monster would shoot lasers out of his eyes and it would always explode 5 times, once on the ground in front of each Ranger, and the Ranger would do a flying somersault backwards landing on their back as if they were somehow hit by the attack, even though the explosion obviously occured in front of them and they weren't directly being struck?

This video is kind of like that.

Minus the crappy pyrotechnics.

And no hot pink/yellow Ranger.
    I have a signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies

Dude. He has ****. Save your money and meet someone with some actual skill.
    Jake
    Point taken.

As I say, I wouldn't mind giving him the benefit of the doubt. But NO WAY he is going to get a cent out of me

I have met quite a number of people who can do weird and wonderful things on their students, yet refuse to try them on me? The usual excuse includes "your Qi is not strong enough, I don't want to hurt you" or "I don't normally demonstrate this because I want to preserve my Qi."

Of course, there are also many masters who are more than willing to show me and share their knowledge, while sending me flying or giving me bruises. And I am grateful to them.

What's your experiences? Any else wants to comment?

Cheers,
    John
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

crap

There is nothing real…legit or factual in this video. The guy is a fraud, a buffoon…and a huckster. He is making idiots of anyone who associates with him or believes this stuff could be real.

And quite frankly, I am amazed that some here “in today’s information age” would entertain the notion that this crap could be real.

This is the kind of junk people would have been exposed to in the mid 1970’s when IMA’s where relatively unknown and only a few legit people in the west were teaching them.

Reminds me of the time I went to a pressure point seminar…crap C…R….A….P! all of it!. They were pretending to knock people out behind sheet walls etc… I stood up and asked for a demonstration and when it didn’t work. ( they then tried a knock out strike aimed under my jaw…..The blow hurt…. but hardly would or could…. knock me out if I was enraged and intent on doing someone serious harm) They informed me that some of the points don’t work on some…some points work on others…

(I forget the phrase they said but it amounted to something like that…

“It’s called a glass jaw” I retorted … being quite ticked that I was being conned…

Then they told me they didn’t and wouldn’t strike me in the serious locations reserved for lethality, so I asked where would these locations be? They pointed to the throat, underneath the armpit etc…(I informed them that areas where the human anatomy is not designed to suffer physical damage is hardly a secret. And an idiot knows if punches someone in the throat it could mess them up)

I told them to give me my money back right in front of everyone attending, I was led to a back room given my money and I left…

Hucksters and charlatans …snake oil…and golden elixirs

No doubt about it, the sudents are way over-reacting and the teacher just wants to look good in public. The problem is, what do you say when a teacher can do some wierd things like this (or similiar) to his students, but can also send a non-student on his ass using his "real" skill? Would he still be a fraud? I'm not specifically talking about Peter Young mind you. Just asking.

Hi all,

Yes this is very funny and sad because he is a teacher in my home town. He teaches everything and has training in a small number of the arts I think. I would be interested to find out what students of Bo Sim Mark or Wai Lun Choi think as he had connections with these and many famous masters back in the 90's.

I know several people who trained with him back in the 70's and he just used to beat his guys up as far as I have been told....now its he is enlightened and a supreme master......

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T England
    Hi all,

Yes this is very funny and sad because he is a teacher in my home town. He teaches everything and has training in a small number of the arts I think. I would be interested to find out what students of Bo Sim Mark or Wai Lun Choi think as he had connections with these and many famous masters back in the 90's.

I know several people who trained with him back in the 70's and he just used to beat his guys up as far as I have been told....now its he is enlightened and a supreme master......

Paul
    Bow Sim Mark is Wushu all the way; no martial at all. Maybe that might tell you something.

Yeah, I remember reading a story that he had his bud kicked by Sifu Docherty from U.K.. It was somewhere on the internet but I do not seem to find it anymore.

Does anybody?

Cheers,

Francesco

Yeah, I remember reading a story that he had his bud kicked by Sifu Docherty from U.K.. It was somewhere on the internet but I do not seem to find it anymore.

I meant Peter Young!
    Last edited by Francesco; 04-04-2006 at 10:32 AM.