Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jackie Chan's new music

Jackie Chan's new music

Has anyone heard about the new Agnes Chan album? I just got a copy from my boss at UMVD and it's really good. I was checking out officialagneschan.com and saw that Jackie Chan sings backup on a few of the tracks. Has anyone checked it out yet?

not heard of it , but

this gives me a chance to throw out some very useful info(since I know everybody wants to know all about jackie's singing career).

JACKIE DOES THE LEAD VOCALS ON MY FAVORITE SONG EVER----he is the lead vocalist for the OUATIC series theme song.

Young master-jackie sings the song at the end of the movie and honestly I thought it was pretty good.

Operation condor(armour of god)-----right when jackie jumps on to the baloon(TOO FREAKING SWEET TO EXPLAIN), the credits song starts and this is the most I have ever laughed at or during a song ever.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

jackie sing s mulan

yep, jackie does the voice for Shang in the mandarin version of mulan, he also sings for it
    "If you do not change direction you may end up where you're headed". Lau Tzu

"The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all powerful". Lao Tzu

Descendants of the Dragon: Jackie Chan and Friends

I'm guessing by the title that the disciples - the new little fortunes - will be performing at this.

Chan to star in Beijing concert event
    BEIJING, April 3 (UPI) -- Film star Jackie Chan says he agreed to headline a live event called "Descendants of the Dragon: Jackie Chan and Friends" at Beijing's Bird's Nest stadium.

The stadium was the centerpiece of last year's Summer Olympic Games, but Chan's show next month is expected to be the first large-scale concert held there, the Shenzhen Daily said.

"When they asked me whether or not I would perform a concert at the Bird's Nest I could not help asking myself if I was qualified for this," Chan said at a news conference Wednesday. "Now with such a precious opportunity, I must spare no effort to do this well and put on a spectacular concert."

Chan has starred in the "Rush Hour" movies and was recently seen in "Shinjuku Incident."

The Shenzhen Daily said Hong Kong singer-songwriters Jonathan Lee and Emil Chau have been tapped to perform with Chan, but the names of other stars to take part in the concert haven't been announced yet.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

heard that they just shot there first music video and first movie.

Maybe the disciples weren't involved.

But still, the first concert in the Bird's Nest is worthy of mention. Perhaps this would have been better placed in the Jackie Chan's new music thread...
    Jackie Chan stars concert in Bird's Nest
    2009-05-01 14:53:47 GMT2009-05-01 22:53:47 (Beijing Time)

BEIJING, May 1 (Xinhua) -- Hong Kong movie icon Jackie Chan performed a singing concert along with many other pop stars in Bird's Nest stadium Friday, the first day of China's May Day holiday.

"Descendants of the Dragon: Jackie Chan and Friends" started at7 p.m. and became the first large-scale concert held in the stadium after last year's Olympic Games.

The stadium was closed at noon and nearly 1,000 security guards were deployed around the site.

"Crowds of people began to enter the stadium via X-ray doors around 6 p.m. and they look eager," said Liu Shunli, a police officer working at one of the entrance.

Ticket prices ranged between 100 yuan (14.6 U.S. dollars) to 1,680 yuan.

Chan had said that he would spare no effort to perform well and put on a spectacular concert.

The concert ended at 9:30 p.m., lasting two and a half hours.

Chan, a movie actor most famous for its martial arts comedies, has also dabbled in singing and sang with other stars at both the opening and closing ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics.

Following the concert, Song Zuying, a well known singer of folk Chinese songs, will perform another show on June 30 with a host of stars including Placido Domingo.

On Aug. 8, the first anniversary of the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, director Zhang Yimou will bring Opera Turandot to spectators in the stadium.

Tourism, entertainment shows, sports events and commercial activities will become the main functions of the stadium in the post-Olympic period, officers with the operator of the construction said.

The Bird's Nest has received 3.08 million visitors so far.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i think they were involved in it. but yeah think the jackie chan music thread would have been a better choice, your slipping gene.

It's easy to slip...

...fortunately on the web, it's just as easy to move posts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This is really Jackie's OLD music

A nice story, nonetheless. I thought there might be a thread that just focused on Opera, but this will do fine...
    Chan marks anniversary of Peking Opera school
    By MIN LEE (AP) – 3 days ago

HONG KONG — Jackie Chan didn't take acting lessons or attend a fancy conservatory. The biggest star in kung fu cinema learned his craft from a retired Peking Opera star who turned his apartment into a performing arts boot camp for working-class Hong Kong children in the 1960s.

On Friday, Chan and dozens of his fellow graduates gathered at a luxury Hong Kong hotel to mark 50 years since their late teacher Yu Jim-yuen launched the now-defunct Hong Kong-China Opera Institute, a small boarding school that became a breeding ground for top Chinese action stars and action choreographers.

Chan is the most famous of the 40-plus students, but their ranks also include Sammo Hung, best known in the U.S. for his two-season TV series "Martial Law," Corey Yuen, an action director on Hollywood films like "Lethal Weapon 4" and "X-Men," and Yuen Biao, who earned a big following in Japan with films like "The Champions" and "Pea**** King." Yuen Wah from "Kung Fu Hustle" was a stunt double for Bruce Lee.

Dressed in identical red jackets and red-and-black striped ties, the now-middle-aged filmmakers reminisced about their childhoods spent under Yu, a strict disciplinarian who regularly caned his students if they deviated from a rigorous regimen of acrobatics, dance, kung fu and singing lessons.

"We talked about how we were naughty and stirred trouble, how we were scared of master, how we were beaten by him, who got hit — all the ugly incidents came out," Yuen Biao told reporters on the sidelines of the anniversary banquet, adding that he was planning a movie about the school.

"It's such a rare occasion for all our brothers to be in one room, talking about incidents when we were young. I'm touched in many ways," said Hung, who was Yu's most senior pupil.

Hong Kong Financial Secretary John Tsang paid tribute to Yu and his legacy.

Yu's students "showcased the flexible, tough and never-say-die Hong Kong spirit to the world, making people around the world realize that a small place like Hong Kong has a lot of hidden talent," Tsang said at the banquet, according to a transcript of his speech issued by the government. The banquet was closed to the media.

Chan did not speak to reporters Friday night, but wrote in detail about his 10 years at Yu's academy in his 1998 autobiography, "I Am Jackie Chan: My Life in Action." Chan's father, a cook, put his then 7-year-old son in Yu's care when he left Hong Kong to take a job at the U.S. Embassy in Canberra, Australia.

Chan recalled his first beating by Yu — "each rip of the cane, each jolt of torment was followed by another, in steady staccato rhythm, until my throat was hoarse and my buttocks almost numb."

When a classmate passed out after knocking his head against a table while doing somersaults, he was left aside to rest while practice continued, Chan wrote. If you couldn't do a split, other students would press you down by force.

"It didn't matter how much or how hard you cried. Eventually, you'd go down into a split," he wrote.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT: Gucci Mane – “Jackie Chan” (Feat. Migos)

Follow the link to hear it off soundcloud.

Gucci Mane – “Jackie Chan” (Feat. Migos)
    Dec 12th '13 by Tom Breihan @ 10:49am Comment

Gucci Mane - The State Vs. Radric Davis II

Gucci Mane’s been in a lot of legal trouble over the last few years, but his latest court battle has more at stake than most. He’s in jail right now, and he’s facing a federal gun charge that could put him away for 20 years. But Gucci isn’t going to let any of this stop him from releasing a new album called The State Vs. Radric Davis II: The Caged Bird Sings on Christmas, of all possible release dates. Gucci has released an insane amount of music this year, and almost all of it has been worth hearing. The new track “Jackie Chan” pairs Gucci with the Migos, his heirs to the ridiculously catchy Atlanta rap anthem crown, and it suggests that his winning streak, at least artistically, will continue for now. Zaytoven produces, which is always good news. Hear the track below.
    Is this rapper implying that smoking pot leads to Asian-looking eyes? How racist.

And there's too many Bruce Lee noises in the background. Jackie was the anti-Bruce.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

See? I'm not the only one who thinks so

Gucci Mane and Migos Are Only a Little Racist on 'Jackie Chan'
    'The State Vs. Radric Davis 2: The Caged Bird Sings' is out Christmas Day
    WRITTEN BY Chris Martins
    December 12 2013, 4:54 PM ET

Jackie Chan's swag is undeniable Photo by Getty Images

On a brand new song, rappers who've hijacked the names of fashion houses for their own ends turn their attention an action movie star. Yes, Gucci Mane and those Versace-loving Migos fellows come together on "Jackie Chan," a song that pays tribute to the Hong Kong icon even as it tosses out racist overdubs ("Ching-chong!") and referenced to eyelid aperture ("My eyes look so Asian, mane / 'Cause I'm smokin' that purple thang"). Also, a whole lot of Chris Tucker references, and at least one Chuck Norris drop. This Zaytoven-produced trap treat will find a home on The State Vs. Radric Davis 2: The Caged Bird Sings, Gucci's new tape scheduled to arrive on Christmas Day. That title, of course, is a friendly reminder that Mr. Mane is currently behind bars and facing up to 20 years.
    Luv that Jackie pic.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I don't know how this got by me for so long

This popped up on my feed, surely due to the upcoming live action Beauty and the Beast.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2018!

Jackie Chan to release new album in August
    NATION
    Wednesday, 4 Apr 2018

Multitalented: Chan singing during the launch of the 2022 Winter Olympics logo in Beijing in December 2017. The last time he produced an album was 16 years ago. — AFP

Compiled by AMALINA AKASHAH, CRYSTAL CHIAM SHIYING and R. ARAVINTHAN

AFTER 16 years, Hong Kong action superstar Jackie Chan is finally ready to launch his new album in August, reported Oriental Daily.

During an event in Beijing, China, Chan said he had spent three years to produce the album due to his busy schedule.

“Finally, it is done,” he said.

It was reported that Chan last released an album 16 years ago.
    Coincidentally, I was combing through my CD collection and found my old JC CD. It's pretty much unlistenable for me (I disdain cantopop) but I can't find the heart to trade it in.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

"Xie Xie Yi Bei Zi" (Thank You For a Lifetime)

Jackie Chan releases romantic song for wife on Qixi Festival

From Cinema Online Exclusively for Yahoo Newsroom
    Heidi Hsia
    27 August 2018

28 Aug – Jackie Chan has never been a romantic man, which is why his gift and love confession for wife Joan Lin on Qixi Festival was considered special, even by his standards.

Recently, the action star updated his Jackie Chan blog to share a song he recorded titled, "Xie Xie Yi Bei Zi" ("Thank You For a Lifetime"), and dedicated the song to his wife.

"I released this song in China on the 7th day of the 7th month on the Lunar calendar. That day, known as the Qixi Festival, a traditional annual Chinese festival celebrating a mythological tale of the cowherd meeting the weaver girl, is also known as Chinese Valentine's day," wrote the actor.

Jackie stated that while he has always heard about the festival, he rarely celebrated it, since he was never a romantic man and his wife was not one to care much about such things.

"I remember one time I gave her a big bunch of roses, and the response I got was, "crazy"!," he said.

Jackie said that he would often thank his wife for many things throughout their marriage.

"I would often say [...] thanks for cooking things for me to eat; thanks for ironing my clothes; thanks for looking after JJ and Jones (my two golden retrievers); thanks for looking after my parents; thanks for being there for Jaycee...... "xie xie ni" (thank you), I think I'll say these words for the rest of our lives," he added.

As for the song itself, Jackie said that he had been preparing for it for two years, asking Taiwanese superstar Jay Chou and famed lyricist Preston Lee to help him with the song.

"I used a lot of thought towards this song, I hope she doesn't think I'm crazy again! This year is our 36th wedding anniversary. Apart from dedicating this song to her, I also want to say, "Lin Fong Chiao, I love you." he added.

(Photo Source: Mingpao)
    I'd love to hear this. If anyone finds a link, please post it here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips