Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gracie VS Shamrock

Hybrid View

Gracie VS Shamrock

So did Shamrock make a soft paste of Gracie?

More importantly can somebody PLEASE tell me how Cung Le did. Sherdog has nothing on the two top fights of the night!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

SPOILER ALERT

Both got 1st round knockouts. Cung at like 3min, Frank at like 20 seconds.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

If anyone has video footage or even stills from these two fights let me know!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Question

glad that frank won do you have any more info, i couldnt find any results on the net just pre match talks did you see the results on the web?

Apparently the event is supposed to be aired on Fox Sports in 30 days. I'd be surprised if you could find footage before that unless someone snuck in a handycam.

Quote Originally Posted by n.mitch
    glad that frank won do you have any more info, i couldnt find any results on the net just pre match talks did you see the results on the web?
    not to pump another forum, but where else to find info on MMA PPV but
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles.asp?n_id=4109

Smile

thanks monk i couldnt get a seach result before, maxfighting are always behind in their news

Video of Cung Le's MMA debut!!!!

http://youtube.com/results?search=cu...&search=Search
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Good debut for Cung Le, though alot of questions went unanswered.

Blog Entries
    are the flips he does like the suplex and what ever else he's known for not allowed in the UFC?

I would like to see how shooting in and picking up the guy the way Cung does works in the ufc

peace.

hsk

yes they are allowed.

It's too bad it didn't go to the ground. To be honest I wasn't impressed with the fight at all. Contrary to the idiot commentators...Cung did get off balance after many of those kicks, and was postured like he was point fighting afterwards...spinning around and ****. Good knockout though.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Altman could have done mor but it was refreshing to see.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

every single striker that enters mma doesnt look the same, striking in mma enables guys liek kenny florian to outstrike muay thai champions (kid kope).

Florian didn't outstrike Cope, he submitted him. Strikers do very well in MMA. Look at Chuck Liddell and Mirko Cro Cop.

Yes. I'm a Kenny fan, but when he was standing with Kope, it was supremely evident that he needed to get the fight to the ground... and quick.