Thread: showdown at the cottonmill

showdown at the cottonmill

JIMBO, that was an awesome movie. Wu Ma, but still great for him. The movie almost had like a seven samurai feelign. And the last shiot of the movie, why did the kid look back, why the fook did he have to look back? He was looking for his dad, wasn't he, damit, I knew it. I REALLY enjoyed all of the fights, btu 3 them really stood out to me.

There is a very interesting interview with Kuan where he says this was the first movie from a taiwanese company that chang cheh started. My question is this, WAS THIS OR 2 CHAMPIONS OF SHAOLIN MADE FIRST? Becasue they are VERY similiar stories and it is really eating me up now to figure out which came first. Sorry to out ya gene, btu I trhink Jimbo and maybe a few others are the only ones that can answer this.

Also my favorite character actor ever is in this movie, fat guy from five fighters from shaolin! AWESOME MOVIE!!

Favorite part of the movie: when dorian tan gives the fat guy a death kick to the stomach, camera backs away, then speeds up the filming to show his leg "flash" from his stomach back to the ground.
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

2 things

I loved the movie.

Which came first, 2 champions of shaolin or showdown?
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."