Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: shaolin kempo karate

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    shaolin kempo karate is to martial arts as Chrysler Toyota Bicycle is to F1 racing.

It's obvious to most who actually practice martial arts what this stuff is.
    It's like i said, a california roll. Not really sushi at all, just a thing to make people feel like they might have actually had sushi when in fact they've had nothing of the sort.

HA HA good one!

It sad when the ussd people are confronted with the truth about what art their really learning and they wont let go.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I just love the fact that they have forms named,"Ancient Chinese KATA#1,2,3,etc".
    They refer to kenpo techniques as "Kenpos" and jiu-jutsu waza as 'Jiu-Jutsus"
    (I'll do a kenpo, then go right into a jiu-jutsu, and then I'm gonna hit ya with a "krotty!")
    it gets better...
    Flamingo (crane stance)
    trigger finger (phoenix-eye strike)
    stepping stool kick (jump front or scissor kick)
    or is that, "step in stool kick?"
    they called a tornado kick, a "Kung-Fu Kick" in the schools near me! arrggh!
    yeah...that sure sounds like a Shaolin art to me.
    Any time you have a commercial school where the students are encouraged to wear a gazillion patches all over their gi, and a Karate Kid headband, you are simply catering to those who want to SAY they do Martial Arts, wear all the neat outfits, twirl candystriped nunchaku, and shout,"Ki-Ya!" Like guys who wear do-ragz with skulls on them, Harley Davidson brand leathers, but don't ride.
    Ooooosss! (ack)
    The school near honestly sounds like a piece of work, and is definately different than the ones on the west coast. Ancient Chinese kata is a new one, even to me. Those are not Chinese at all! Kempo's are just various techniques. JuJitsu Waza is a new one to me...never heard that one at all. Flamingo stance is a chamber for a kick. That's all it is. Stepping Stool kick is what they call a jumping front kick...they have a different kick called a scissor kick. It's a front and a back kick in the air, at the same time. The schools out here don't have a "kung fu kick" they call them tornado kicks. You have the interesting one that falls in with Steve DeMasco...who is a work in himself. Sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiShellie View Post
    The school near honestly sounds like a piece of work, and is definately different than the ones on the west coast. Ancient Chinese kata is a new one, even to me. Those are not Chinese at all! Kempo's are just various techniques. JuJitsu Waza is a new one to me...never heard that one at all. Flamingo stance is a chamber for a kick. That's all it is. Stepping Stool kick is what they call a jumping front kick...they have a different kick called a scissor kick. It's a front and a back kick in the air, at the same time. The schools out here don't have a "kung fu kick" they call them tornado kicks. You have the interesting one that falls in with Steve DeMasco...who is a work in himself. Sigh...
    Ancient Chinese Kata Thats messed up. Lie to everybody and sooner or latter it will come back to you like ussd lying a$$

Quote Originally Posted by pruningmantis View Post
    just wanted to ask the board members if they consider fred villari's shaolin kempo karate a legitimate shaolin art?

No!! Its Villari kempo the same as ussd. Villari and ussd just use the shaolin name to get people to think their learning a shaolin martial art. If your new with ussd or villaris ask your instructor where is the shaolin in shaolin kempo?

It's a good Kempo style...I wouldn't classify it anywhere as being Shaolin or CMA

I went back to the local USSD school in LA, mostly to hook up with Jenny Herzog again. We had lunch at a Dim Sum and talked about martial arts.

She makes a convincing argument for USSD's authenticity. Later, we went back to her place and had a tussle on the mats. I wan't impressed with her martial skills, but I do believe what she says about her style and the "defectors". And besides, I'm used to women going prone for me in very little time.

I really think you guys ought to find a new venue to vent your frustrations. Your hatred for USSD is really little more than outrage at being cut for being out of shape, or for taking a little off the top (in terms of profits).

Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega-Foot View Post
    I went back to the local USSD school in LA, mostly to hook up with Jenny Herzog again. We had lunch at a Dim Sum and talked about martial arts.

She makes a convincing argument for USSD's authenticity. Later, we went back to her place and had a tussle on the mats. I wan't impressed with her martial skills, but I do believe what she says about her style and the "defectors". And besides, I'm used to women going prone for me in very little time.

I really think you guys ought to find a new venue to vent your frustrations. Your hatred for USSD is really little more than outrage at being cut for being out of shape, or for taking a little off the top (in terms of profits).

Grow up.
    Yeah right! Look kid you are going beyond the point of being funny anymore and all the lies tells us at least one thing ...you need to grow up . I advise everyone to stop responding to this idiots posts . You are just adding fuel to the fire. Best way to put out this fire is by removing the fuel.

Oh and by the way , using this persons name and slandering them in your post can get you sued .....or worse.
    Last edited by tattooedmonk; 06-11-2007 at 12:30 PM.

It's a good Kempo style...I wouldn't classify it anywhere as being Shaolin or CMA
    I like ed parkers kenpo better. It's more practical. USSD's shaolin defensive maneuvers suck!!!! They have no practical fighting application in them.
    If you train at ussd now get out while your still young before they steal your soul and money.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja matt View Post
    I like ed parkers kenpo better. It's more practical. USSD's shaolin defensive maneuvers suck!!!! They have no practical fighting application in them.
    If you train at ussd now get out while your still young before they steal your soul and money.
    Already done that. Ran away with my soul intact...money wasn't but my soul is! Ed Parker has good Kenpo. Like I was saying though, USSD has good Kempo...Shaolin is a whole other issue...

Already done that. Ran away with my soul intact...money wasn't but my soul is! Ed Parker has good Kenpo. Like I was saying though, USSD has good Kempo...Shaolin is a whole other issue...
    So what is your knowledge in or on Shaolin and CMAS??

Quote Originally Posted by tattooedmonk View Post
    So what is your knowledge in or on Shaolin and CMAS??
    From USSD? None. There is no CMA in the style. Fred Villari created all their "Shaolin" forms. USSD, as well as Fred Villari's Studios teach Kempo. However, I study with Tak Wah Eng and practice his style of Kung Fu, as well as study Chen style Taiji Ch'uan. I'm learning more about it as I go along.

Quote Originally Posted by ninja matt View Post
    Yeah no kidding!
    Ed Parkes kenpo is good way better then matteras ussd kempo.

hey fighting gorilla you also forgot to say that that brown belt that took over was also a student at that same school that you worked out with and that this was his first school and he was just put into that school and the fact that he was only 18 at the time,

and sk girl for you to say that ed parkers kenpo is better than any other style is just obsurd, there is no such thing as one martial art better than another, it is the martial artist. there are styles that are best for some people and some not so good for those same people,,

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "and sk girl for you to say that ed parkers kenpo is better than any other style is just obsurd, there is no such thing as one martial art better than another, it is the martial artist. there are styles that are best for some people and some not so good for those same people,,"

not always true. There are definately styles that are better simply because they are using real principles, theories, and technique, structure etc, rather than made-up nonesense, that was created by watching bad Kung-Fu movies and have no basis in reality. Obviously, you have not actually studied much more than this one, made-up system, so you really have nothing to base your opinion upon. You need to get out there, do some research, watch other classes, train with others, and perhaps you can be a more "educated consumer."
    Yes, some styles are better for some people. There will always be the people that want to wear the colored belts, matching headband, patches of the five animals, twirl a nunchaku, and say they study Martial Arts. For these people, there are plenty of schools that fullfil that need.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 06-29-2007 at 06:40 PM.