Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Tai Chi Sweat Different??

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    Your reason for not debating this issue is more than likely because you have no solid facts you can point to to verify your claims. And until you produce such evidence to back up your statements, I'll be like you and continue claiming I've already done all the work to prove the existence of the green tiger.
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
    "Beware of entrance to a quarrel, but being in, bear't that the opposed may beware of thee."-William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Hatsuyuki
    "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
    Absence of evidence is evidence of the absence of evidence.

In other words, it's self-evident that there's no proof. And it still doesn't change the fact that the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the one seeking verification of the claim because of the impossibility of proving a negative.

You can't in good-faith and of rational mind claim something is true and then expect the rest of the world to take your word for it when you refuse to produce evidence to support your claim.

If the world worked like that there'd be extensive trade in the desert bridge real estate industry. You have an analytical mind for a reason; use it and stop being so credulous.
    Site Director, Bullshido.com
    No BS Martial Arts

In other words, it's self-evident that there's no proof. And it still doesn't change the fact that the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the one seeking verification of the claim because of the impossibility of proving a negative.

You can't in good-faith and of rational mind claim something is true and then expect the rest of the world to take your word for it when you refuse to produce evidence to support your claim.

If the world worked like that there'd be extensive trade in the desert bridge real estate industry. You have an analytical mind for a reason; use it and stop being so credulous.
    I think western reasoning falls short of understanding chi kung / tai chi which requires a certain element of faith. I reason that this belief is the difference between eastern & western reasoning.

Greetings..

Phrost: I made a statement. I assert that i have done research that supports my statement. I do not assert its truth, only that i have been exposed to sufficient evidence to satisfy my curious and reasoned mind. I have no interest in re-researching this matter in order to satisfy your doubts. I do not keep copius files on all my research.. upon sufficient evidence to support a well reasoned opinion i move on and maintain the opinion until i encounter evidence to the contrary. Then i re-evaluate the issue in light of new evidence. Your doubt is not new evidence.

Sir, i do not know you or your dear friend Larry (good luck with that).. i don't visit these forums in search of conflict, nor do i incite it. I am confident in my ability to evaluate evidence and form opinions. I am not interested in challenges to my credibility, i already know where i stand. I would ask you, sincerely, what is your interest in this matter? Is the chemistry of sweat and the processes originating it so important.. i suggest that you not "sweat" the small stuff, or.. if you find it so important, do some research.. you know, like: "don't give a man a fish, teach him how to fish".. you will be more the wiser for doing your own research..

Now, i've already wasted far too much time entertaining your challenge.. this forum is full of people that challenge the credibility of others.. endless questioning of supporting evidence, assertions of fallacy, etc... most of these challengers believe that their efforts somehow enhance their image as intellectuals, it does not.. but, seldom do the challengers have any substance.. they use tactics like yours, if you don't tell me then you don't know.. i don't tell you because i don't have the inclination to spend the time re-looking up stuff that i have been exposed to over the years.. Your options are simple, accept it as plausible and do some research of your own.. reject it for whatever reasons you choose.. or, continue this challenge (meaningless in the big picture).. further challenges, without evidence to the contrary, will fall on deaf ears (or, blind eyes, in this case)..

Please try to understand that i have been in this game since 1964 (when my dad put me in a Judo class at the Air Force Base), i've been serious about oriental healing and philosophy since the mid '80's.. during that time i have been exposed to vast amounts of data and research that have shaped my opinions and understanding.. now, at age 55, i have little time or inclination to spend time re-visiting these issues..

Lets be friends! if you don't believe my statement, it's okay.. no harm done.. if i don't spend the time satisfying your inquiries, no harm done.. Life is far too good to get caught up in matters as trivial as this.. it's likely we have much more to share than quibble about..

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

Quote Originally Posted by green_willow
    I think western reasoning falls short of understanding chi kung / tai chi which requires a certain element of faith. I reason that this belief is the difference between eastern & western reasoning.
    Totally irrelevant in this case. If there is tangible evidence, i.e. the chemical composition of the sweat is different then this is not a matter of faith.

Even if the physiological function is different it should show up in different comparative levels of hormones, etc.

However, I do find it hard to believe. I think it is subjective. Different activities make different demands of our bodies. I would love to see the evidence, but I don't feel I need or should badger TCB about it.
    Last edited by CFT; 02-03-2006 at 09:24 AM.

Greetings..

CFT: Your consideration is appreciated.. considering the interest in this matter, i will keep an eye open as i do current research.. if i run across anything relevant i will post it.. i don't intend to be elusive on this issue, i'm just managing my time appropriately for issues i am currently interested in..

Be well..

Absence of evidense is evidence of the absence that there was any evidence in absence.

No wait, that's not right.

Evidence in absence is evident that...

Um..

Absence...

It is evident...

Oh never mind.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I've never contemplated the details of sweat during training. I guess I am just too busy trying not to get punched and kicked.

I wonder if tai chi blood smells different too? Oh well, I guess you'll find out soon enough if you ever actually fight.

Greetings..

LOL Chief.. that is the typical exchange of evidenciary proofs.. everyone ends up ...

Most people are really looking for validity or verification of their own perspectives, too few are sincerely seeking to expand their perspectives..

Now......... Evidence not produced on demand is not evidence of no evidence, it is evidence of unrealized expectations, evidently...

Be well...

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Totally irrelevant in this case. If there is tangible evidence, i.e. the chemical composition of the sweat is different then this is not a matter of faith.

Even if the physiological function is different it should show up in different comparative levels of hormones, etc.

However, I do find it hard to believe. I think it is subjective. Different activities make different demands of our bodies. I would love to see the evidence, but I don't feel I need or should badger TCB about it.
    See you're alreadsy assuming its about chemicals and reaction. what if there are no chemicals involved?

Quote Originally Posted by green_willow
    See you're alreadsy assuming its about chemicals and reaction. what if there are no chemicals involved?
    Read TaiChiBob's first post in the thread.

Sweet Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    Read TaiChiBob's first post in the thread.
    what does it prove besides?

and so the joys of this forum are once again revealed in all their glory.
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

green willow

you trolling over here too.

Must of be a New Years resolution or something