Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kung FU and Hip Hop

Blog Entries
    there is no one out there that beat q-bert, old or not q-bert will still wipe them out.

hip hop and kung fu, however funny it may sound, is an excellent cultural exchange. that is, not to the point of exploitation but that's another story ;-)

q-bert used to be the shyt.

there has always been a link between hip hop and ma. there has also been one between ma and hacking.

rza (wu tang), rocka irascience (dilated peoples), jay-z, rass kass and several other rappers have / still do train MA.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

don't forget about Fu-Schnickens (sp?).

DJ silent assasin, a competition DJ from DC/MD/VA area who mate it to DMC NW regional last year has been studying hungfut for almost 20yrs.

and KFM has it's own starchaser puttin it down for the kungfu-hiphop community

Maybe not hip-hop (maybe just a bit, though,) but has anyone ever heard the Bus Stop remix of Kung Fu Fighting? It's hilarious. It's actually an extra song from DDR.

~~Jules
    Akahai - Modesty
    Lokahi Aku Like - Unison and harmony
    'Olu 'Olu Ka Manao - Pleasant thoughts
    Ha'a Ha'a - Humility
    Ahonui A Lanakila - Patience will achieve your goals

Jedi Mind Tricks toss in an occasional martial arts related rhyme.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.