Thread: any books or videos on Plum Flower post training

Hybrid View

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    You can take paint cans and fill them with sand or cement-wrap them with red duct tape to make'em pretty! You might want to glue rubber on the top and bottom so they dont slip and so you dont slip off. They stack, so you can keep them out of the way.

thanks guys

thanks for all of the input guys. I have to admit that much of what you guys have said has already came to mind once or twice before.....for a while there i had just "gave up" on the idea........but then i watched Batman Begins and thought "hey, that actually woudl be kind of fun" and "that would look cool outside of our studio".........
    “Therefore it is said that victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.” - Zhang Yu

April showers and May Flowers

It's actually 'mei' not 'may'. Meihua literally means Plum Flower. May flower is a funny half translation.

There is a lot of pole training in Lion Dancing and some in Songshan Shaolin, as well as some other assorted styles. It won't help you in pro-boxing or MMA because those are ring sports, not reality fighting. In the street, being able to engage obstacles is a useful skill obviously, so footwork exercises like plum flower pole training has some potential application. Be warned. Pole training is quite dangerous. It's an easy way to twist your ankle.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart