Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyokushin 100 Man Fight

Kyokushin 100 Man Fight

Victoria, British Columbia, Wing Chun

Capoeira vs Thai Boxing

Last edited by YongChun; 01-08-2006 at 02:09 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    Victoria, British Columbia, Wing Chun

Thanks for the clips. They both are very nice.

Hope all is well with you and your family,
    Kenton
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Fake Sparring

Hey Ray, that's not real sparring....they aren't wearing any birdcages, boxing gloves or titty pads!!!!!! Is it not dangerous?

LOL

the kumite video is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by chisauking
    Hey Ray, that's not real sparring....they aren't wearing any birdcages, boxing gloves or titty pads!!!!!! Is it not dangerous?
    They're also not punching to the head, although kicks seem to be allowed.
    While some may find the videos to be funny, it shows one very important thing. There are a lot of people who can take a lot of punishment to the body. They will not all just drop to the ground when you hit them.
    If you liked that one, here's another one along the same theme that I came across today. It takes a few seconds to download.

Cheers,
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

You didn't notice quite a few KOs in the clip from big kicks in the head?

They're also not punching to the head, although kicks seem to be allowed.
    Standard kyokushin competition rules.

Some training buds of mine watched a 100 man kumite performed by a female, Naomi Wood, in Sydney not long ago. Unfortunately I couldn't attend. It was by all accounts friggin' awesome. Anyone who thinks this would be some sort of a lark and a source of amusement is a fool.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Hey Ray, that's not real sparring....they aren't wearing any birdcages, boxing gloves
    When full power hand techniques to the head are allowed, boxing headgear, mouthguards, and MMA gloves become important pieces of safety equipment.

Of course those items are not necessary if you're only playing "tag" (i.e.- "touch" chi-sau).
    I don't think Wing Chun is so limited that I can't do it when I wrestle, box, kickbox, or fight by MMA rules, nor am I so limited a student that I can't improve by training in each of those forums. -Andrew S

A good instructor encourages his students to question things, think for themselves and determine their own solutions to problems. They give advice, rather than acting as a vehicle for the transmission of dogma.
    -Andrew Nerlich

lol that was full contact kyokushin karate aye, chaaa hoo,
    im pretty surplised from all those punches an kicks thrown, no one suffered serious injury, lol, im wondering where the gloves an head gear is at,

that guy was pretty good, but id like to see him up aganist a SPM practiconer

lol, now id say the SPM practiconer, would have the upper hand if they were to meet in the street, and no im not trolling guys, just throwing out my opinion

oh and LAWRENCEOFIDAHO its actually a very good technique to know chi sao

an its not about tapping each other but being able to feel your opponents chi, or movement through there hand, and being able to deflect it, or use it aganist them, very important skill to know

i study CHI KUNE JOW DO,

it is an integration of SPM, chow gar tong long kune, and wah gar, southern way of the tiger

an here is sifu paul whitrod
    who demos the chow gar tong long Southern Praying Mantis form

18 hands

http://www.tonglong.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=53

enjoy

lol that was full contact kyokushin karate aye, chaaa hoo,
    im pretty surplised from all those punches an kicks thrown, no one suffered serious injury, lol, im wondering where the gloves an head gear is at,

that guy was pretty good, but id like to see him up aganist a SPM practiconer

lol, now id say the SPM practiconer, would have the upper hand if they were to meet in the street, and no im not trolling guys, just throwing out my opinion

oh and LAWRENCEOFIDAHO its actually a very good technique to know chi sao

an its not about tapping each other but being able to feel your opponents chi, or movement through there hand, and being able to deflect it, or use it aganist them, very important skill to know

i study CHI KUNE JOW DO,

it is an integration of SPM, chow gar tong long kune, and wah gar, southern way of the tiger

18 hands

http://www.tonglong.co.uk/index.php?categoryid=53

enjoy

I'd rather see him do a 100 man kumite
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Those were fun, Ray. Thanks.

Regards,
    - kj
    "It's all related." - me

I'd rather see him do a 100 man kumite
    LOL anerlich it seems as though you are very defensive at my post, im assuming you studied karate an are very fond of it

well all i can say is with every punch an kick that karate practiconer could throw at
    sifu whitrod, sifu whitrod would hit him ten times in that karate practiconers one punch or kick,

so there would not be any need for sifu whitrod to do 100 man kumite, unless he wanted to test his stamina,or whether people generally liked getting hurt

for the black sash gradings higher, going in to closed door techniques, they would do a very similar scenario to that of the 100 man kumite

so before sifu became sifu he would have to go through similar tests

enjoy your day

Please guys, take it easy on him, K?????

JR