Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hard Gainer: Gaining muscle mass while remaining athletic

haha! Iron, that's what I was talking about. This place doesn't even have a single power rack. Luckily they have 3 squat stands at least. Not a single power rack though. It's huge too.

Anyway, I did the first King leg workout. Pretty brutal. I'm almost ralfed.

Just wanted to conclude this thread.

The final results were actually not bad at all. I didn't finish the full 12 week plans of King's, but I ended up gaining 23 lbs. The ratio of muscle to fat was good as well with 20:3. The reason why I fell short of finishing King's 12-week plans was because of a new puppy I got. I actually got 2 in the last couple months, but the one I got in January has had some health problems which led to major housebreaking issues and the need for constant supervision. I had to take a 3 week break from a regular workout schedule, which was not fun.

The weight gain slowed greatly at around week 7 because the meals just became too much along with the prep time. Prep was cutting an hour off every one of my nights, and the meal schedule was tough to manage with the new dogs and having to come home during lunch to feed and water them. Since leaving the diet, I have shed nearly 12 lbs although it would appear some fat has left with that. I haven't taken caliper measurements recently, but I believe this is an accurate assessment.

All in all, I was happy with the results and the bodybuilding work was a fun break from my normal balls-to-the-wall workouts. The isolation work even helped my pull-up, bench, and squat numbers too. I'm sure that half has to do with addressing a weak link and half with just a volume layoff on those primary lifts. I now feel rather confident that a hard gainer like myself can gain good amounts of quality mass with no supplements and while remaining cardio-vascularly fit. It just takes some dedication to food preperation.

Now it's back to mountaineering prep for the spring - fall.

weird question ... why no egg yolks.
    where's my beer?

Chaulk full of cholosterol.