Thread: Hard Gainer: Gaining muscle mass while remaining athletic

Hybrid View

Aw. So you're the guy who I almost shot for peaking in my windows the other night?

The Ian King program is actually split up into 12 seperate articles. 8 for the 12-week legs and 4 for the 12-week chest-back. On the last article in each series, it has links to the all the previous ones, so I'll just post that one...

12 week legs last article">

12-week Chest-Back last article

Also, while it's nice to dream, I see these first 2-weeks results of mine as the exception rather than the rule. I'm just getting back into heavy lifting, so it wouldn't be unheard for gains like that. I expect the next weeks to be full of gaining a little less muscle and gaining a little fat as well. I guess I'll find out...

Thanks for the links - I'll check those out. Keep us informed of how you go. I would anticipate a fairly quick plateau on the gains you've made so far, but how long that plateau lasts interests me. And how about that book?

Oh yeah, and learn to shoot straight. There are some crazies out here.... er, there.
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Sorry. I thought I had answered that in my previous. The book is a no-go. It feel through. Such is life.

I wouldn't expect myself to plateau really. Gains will slow for sure, and it is doubtful I'll continue to pack on as much muscle while losing fat, but I'll likely have gains throughout the life of the program. I'm not starting King's programs for another few weeks. I'm getting myself back into shape by doing some pyramids with compound lifts, and then doing things like skull crushers, curls, glute-ham raises, etc to get ready for the isolation stuff.

sometimes it hurts to hear ford say the word "isolation," but i guess even the brightest bulbs sometimes go dim.

ford -- how's progress on getting the lifts back to something you're not ashamed of?*

* note -- my squat has always shamed me, so i'm not being a complete asshat here.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

It's coming along. Slowly but surely. I add 10-20 lbs to my squat each session during my 2 sessions/week. Bench is coming along as well. I saw some real progress with my lower body today, so I'm happy.

The isolation is actually kind of fun after going so long without doing any. I expect to stimulate some good arm and calf gains because of it. Then I can prance around in nancy boy underwear and get a full body wax.

(ford's street cred)² < sevenstar's street cred
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Quote Originally Posted by rubthebuddha
    Oh snap.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rubthebuddha

dayum... I dunno whether to be insulted because I have such low cred or happy cuz someone has less than me...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

weird question ... why no egg yolks.
    where's my beer?

Chaulk full of cholosterol.