Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yip Man Movie

Yip Man Movie

Hey everyone,
    I know this has been brought up before and probably a couple of times by myself but has anyone heard any more about this?
    Is there still a Yip Man movie coming out if so any idea when?
    Still curious.
    Thanx.
    J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

Would love to see a documentary very interesting if something like this is in the process.

Yip Man movie rumors

Originally it was going to be Donnie Yen
    then it was going to be Stephen Chow
    Now it is going to be Tony Leung (HARD BOILED)

KNGFU71@HOTMAIL.COM

so is it a movie about his life or is it some honk kong action film?
    Only Dragons Understand Dragons. A minute, a word, a teaching of a Dragon is a lifetime of wisdom!

Thanks KNGFU
    Have you heard when it's coming out?

J
    Yo mama is so fat, she has jeans made by Jeep

Oh ya, well Yo mama is so fat, she has a blackbelt at McDonald's

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nin KiT
    If it is made in HK, as I assume it will be, it will be both. I think it will just be a string of fantastical anecdotes.

The Yip Man Movie should be in release in 2008. The Title Is "The Great Master" or "The GrandMaster" something like that.

While I think is very cool to make a movie about YP, the director of the film is Wong Ka wai... the dude who made "2046" for anyone who watched that. I personally did not understand what the hell was going on in his movie 2046, hopefully he will not ruin the YP movie with his unique directing..

Quote Originally Posted by jyu
    The Yip Man Movie should be in release in 2008. The Title Is "The Great Master" or "The GrandMaster" something like that.

While I think is very cool to make a movie about YP, the director of the film is Wong Ka wai... the dude who made "2046" for anyone who watched that. I personally did not understand what the hell was going on in his movie 2046, hopefully he will not ruin the YP movie with his unique directing..
    Johnny, is that you?

Sup? Who are you??

This is the script of the Yip Man movie I want to see (courtesy of Ray, YongChun).

According to the Hong Kong newspapers, Yip Man broke a stack of 1000-pound ice blocks and could jump up and kick five oak boards in half. They said he also he killed a Russian horse with a single slap to the animal's back. Each week the stories written by Wang Kiu got wilder and wilder. Let's go back in history a bit before these stories started.

It has been rumored by the Tongs that maybe Leung Sheung supplied drugs to Yip Man and then Yip Man sold him a $100,000 franchise to teach Wing Chun. They say that Yip Man never touched Leung Sheung or every discussed Wing Chun with him. All they did was chat in restaurants. But one day Leung Sheung secretly saw Yip Man doing a form when he was spying on him through the hole he drilled through the wall of his apartment. Yip Man in fact saw Leung Sheung teach through a hole in the wall of Leung Sheung's studio and then went home to study Leung Sheung's form.

For amusement while he was high on drugs, he did everything backwards. This is when Leung Sheung saw his stuff. It so happened that Yip Man discovered the hole in his wall and realizing that Leung Sheung was spying on him, concocted a brilliant plan to get even with him.

Yip Man handled Leung Sheung quite well by deceiving him into thinking that he knew some martial art. In fact Yip Man played a joke on Leung Sheung by merely using Leung Sheung's movements but doing the opposite. So where Leung Sheung did a wide stance, Yip Man did a narrow stance. When Leung Sheung used a flat fist, Yip Man used a vertical fist. When Leung Sheung's Wu sau came out forward, Yip Man made his go backwards. While Leung Sheung used hard strong motions, Yip Man used soft ones.

Leung Sheung thought that was a brilliant innovation and so he fell for Yip Man's joke. In a period of 5 months, Leung Sheung had mastered Yip Man’s backward form. Leung Sheung decided to test this Wing Chun in competition and to his surprise won the all Hong Kong nationals competition by breaking his competitor’s jaw with a Phoenix Eye punch. Unfortunately he was disqualified so he entered the forms competitions where he showed off his new form. The judges didn’t know what to make of it but after some bribery by Leung Ting, decided to award him the coveted Gold medallion for his efforts. His winning made front-page news.

Leung Sheung being very ****y decided to challenge the great Yip Man. So he summoned Yip Man to the teahouse and challenged him to a match. Yip Man being high on Opium was very calm in the face of Leung Sheung's challenge. Leung Sheung threw a Pheonix eye fist at Yip Man but just then Yip Man turned to look at the new waitress and fell off his chair. Leung Sheung missed and hit his head on the low hanging light above the table and knocked himself unconscious. When he came to he couldn't remember what happened.

But Leung Ting, a student of Leung Sheung's Dragon style, happened to be there and being a friend also of Yip Man offered to help Yip Man by publishing a story in all the Hong Kong newspapers of how Yip Man beat up Leung Sheung. From this story Yip Man suddenly got hundreds of students wanting to learn his secret style. Yip Man, knowing that Leung Sheuing was a good fighter, decided to have Leung Sheung teach all these people in exchange for a percentage of the fees. Leung Sheung thought it was a great honor to be the head instructor for Yip Man. Leung Ting realizing the commercial potential of this new deceptive art, never refuted the story.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I thought Stephen Chow actually has a background in Wing Chun. I think he trained for 2 years under WSL or one of his students.

Quote Originally Posted by Li Nin KiT
    I would rather it be an action flick, his real life was not that great he was not a very stand up guy. He taught to support a severe drug habit and rumors of being a child molester. Yes he was a great teacher but not a role model by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by CFT
    I thought Stephen Chow actually has a background in Wing Chun. I think he trained for 2 years under WSL or one of his students.
    He was at the 1999 VTAA Conference and he did some WC in "Kung Fu Hustle.
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Redmond
    He was at the 1999 VTAA Conference and he did some WC in "Kung Fu Hustle.
    Phil
    After watching the Bonus Features in Kung-Fu Hustle, he states that he just dabbled in Wing Chun for a couple of months er something. And then he shows a Jong Sau or something along those lines and says "This is Wing Chun."

Peace,
    Kenton Sefcik
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Stephen Chow

It seems that he studied "briefly" with WSL.
    http://www.kungfucinema.com/people/s...w_sing_chi.htm
    Phil
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr