Thread: Fake Shaolin Branding?

Fake Shaolin Branding?

From http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...881#post631881 :

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    ....has there EVER been Shaolin monks wearing the brands of the Dragon and Tiger, or Dragon head Tiger body, or ANYTHING? Has anyone ever seen a monk with brands, and if so, did they signify any type of graduation ritual? - or is it simply a legend, a myth, a nice story.
    (oh, and BTW, crazy Americans who shave their heads and brand themselves don't count-we've plenty of them here!)
    Anyone have any stories (or more so, any PICTURES) of these crazy Americans with "Shao-Lin brands"? I for one would love to see these markings, or hear any stories of them.

I've never seen any actual brands...

I've seen a lot of tattoos. A lot of very cool tattoos actually.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com

Talking

I LOVE going up to these macho looking guys with their Dragon and Tiger tats and saying, "Oh man, the Tiger goes on the RIGHT arm, and the Dragon goes on the LEFT. Youu have them backwards." and walk away. depending on my mood, I usually tell them I was just f**ing with them, but I usually let'em sweat for awhile first!

We checked it

The grasshopper shirt is correct for dragon/tiger positioning

TenTigers, you probably find the cheap tattoo prank very funny. Actually, I do too.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

That cheap tattoo prank is hysterical, so is the fortune cookie prank!
    Years ago, when I was getting my tattoo done, my OL saw a girl with those chinese characters o her arm. She asked the girl what it meant and she had this real aloof, holier than thou attitude, and said something like "warrior woman" or some sheit. Her boyfriend got it for her. My OL told me after she left, that it actually said "concubine". I wonder if she is right, and I also wonder if the boyfriend actually knew it!

Actually I believe the joke is on whomever believes the tattoo prank. Knee hoe, one dollar!
    VOTE FOR PEDRO '08

Ever notice how virtually everyone agrees that 95% of all traditional schools are crap, but NOBODY ever admits to being in that 5%? Don't judge... your skill may suck also...
    Quote from SevenStar

Just call me the Shaolin Do Wet Blanket. Gene Ching

Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Takeaway for delivery collection

That was excellent
    Kune Belay Sau

That was funny, took a little while to get funny, but the end was hillarious.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Anyone got anything on fake branding?

years ago-waaaayyy before anyone ever heard of guys like Shi whats his name, I was a Shaolin Monk.

( for Halloween). I wore a bald cap, and I made brands using a paintbrush and liquid latex. When it dried, I went over it with a pink lip color. It looked very real. people actually thought they were brands.
    They would actually ask me,
    "Are those real?"
    and of I would say, "Are you a f**in idiot?"
    (on the inside).
    On the outside, I would politely say ,"No"
    if it was a pretty girl, I would then tell her how much I respected her, and that nobody ever moved me inside like she did, and that I am really quite shy and sensitive, and although she had beautiful breasts, I hardly noticed them as I was so captivated by her her beautiful eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers
    and although she had beautiful breasts, I hardly noticed them as I was so captivated by her her beautiful eyes...
    Niiiiiice.

Last time I used a line like that I got in reply "What, you think I'm an idiot? U think I'm gonna fall for that lame eyes thing?.......SLAP!!!"
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

That fortune cookie prank is the funniest thing I've seen in days
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk