Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Kung Fu Star In Brothel Bust

Thanks Gentle Warrior, I was wondering too.

I have left teachers, professors and masters over ethical issues. I probably still would. Funny this one came up now. There's an article series running in our local papers: Diary of a Sex Slave. Here's part one. - the fourth and final article is tomorrow.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Would you really leave a good sifu over a trial which was thrown out? It shows that many people just don't know the value of good Kung Fu training. Not everywhere is like the Bay Area. A skilled sifu that treats you well isn't an easy find in many places.

It would depend on the situation

I train kung fu to fight evil and delusion. If I felt my teachers were evil or deluded, there wouldn't be much point in training under them. I've hung out with Master Gao - we went drinking once - but I wouldn't say I know him that well, Nor would I judge him from what I've heard about this case. It really depends. It's all about chemistry between the student and teacher.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The anti-legalization posts on this thread so far are so whacked out and irrational, based in ignorance, generally spastic etc. that I can't be bothered to argue with them so I'll just cherry pick one of my favorite dumb posts on the topic so far to make fun of:

Quote Originally Posted by b82rez View Post
    S

There is something inherently wrong with a man thinking he can pay to OWN a woman for a certain amount of time.

pffffft.....

Everyone knows that you don't pay to own a woman for a certain amount of time. Heck, you don't even pay for the sex. Mostly you just pay for them to leave when your done.

Interesting reasons for practicing Kung Fu Gene

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I train kung fu to fight evil and delusion.
    I doubt you are referring to fighting evil in the Batman sense, so what do you mean by that? Also, what do you mean by fighting delusion?

I totally mean fighting evil in a Batman sense...

... I just can't find my Catwoman...

As for fighting delusion, that's sort of a Buddhist thing, an artifact of being a Shaolin practitioner. Nothing deflates the ego better than a good swift kick in the pants, and kung fu is always willing to provide that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The anti-legalization posts on this thread so far are so whacked out and irrational, based in ignorance, generally spastic etc. that I can't be bothered to argue with them so I'll just cherry pick one of my favorite dumb posts on the topic so far to make fun of:
    Please explain to me HOW my post is 'whacked out', irrational, ignorant and generally spastic? (great choice of words btw, really shows your interlect )

Please re-read my post and give me your informed opinion as to what exactly is irrational and ignorant.

otherwise ill assume you're just a herb

craig

This is silly. No, not all of these women are victims. Yes, some are. However, look at reality. It will be 2007 soon, and we still have prostitutes. It is not going any where. If is was legalized, pimps would have to straighten because a health inspector would visit once in a while. They would probably get pushed out of business, because no one would want to go to a dirty stank place. Because it is illegal, just about all of the brothels outside of Nevada are nasty. If a woman is being victimized, she would not be afraid to go to the police to complain.

I have never been to a prostitute and I probably never will, but I think their services both (male and female) are needed and wanted. It is just people forcing their religious ideas on people.

I agree not every prostitute is a victim.

I am mainly talking from a south east asian perspective, and when you examine the industry in this light, you will see how it is very different.

Prostitution comes from hardship. Usually girls from poor rural areas of north thailand, cambodia and burma. Parents sell their daughters into it, and many go willing, as they view it as a way to earn good money and provide for the family back home. The reality IS different. Others are tricked etc, given false promises of jobs in the city, only to be sold to a brothel.

Its common place, this is how the far east sex industry works. For more info read

Sex Slaves: The Trafficking of Women in Asia by Louise Brown

regards
    craig

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    May I be the first one to state the f-in truest of the true

Men, whether you want to realize it or not, you "pay" for sex... it just isn't always as direct as "prostitution" but "sex" has always been an economy and always will be.....
    I have to dissagree with that staement, I don't pay for sex I pay for them to go away when I'm done

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...Nothing deflates the ego better than a good swift kick in the pants, and kung fu is always willing to provide that.
    Gene: That one rocks! My new sig!!!!!!!!