Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: are troll stylists selling out?

are troll stylists selling out?

I mean they used to supply sources for us to discredit and facts to disprove. now they just simply spout mindless droll. People are ditching thier facts for name calling and finger pointing.

I mean they seem to be sliding more towards blasphemy rather than usless factoids. If your going to sell out, then dont call it trolling. trolling is for the sneaky. This sport style trolling may give you faster results, but they wont benefit you as much in the long run.

Its painfull to see trolls use these tactics. Kids in highschool do that. I want to see a troll perform traditional troll techniques
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

So you disagree with my post and i'm a troll? If you want to be a TKD nut hugger be my guest. Just be aware that those scissor takedowns and hook kicks don't come from where you think they do. Maybe try talking to Cung Le and find out.

I'd like to see a CMA master compete and win the CMA competitoin of san shou. Is that a troll? I hope not, or the CMA community has become what it used to hate. Sport fighters.

Thumbs down

I give ROT's latest troll incarnation a big F

Send him back to troll summer school
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I am not ROTS and don't even know who that is. But if you can point out an error I have made in my statements of Cung Le then please do so, rather than calling troll when i say something you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout
    I am ROT and call troll when i say something you don't like.
    TROLL!!!!!!
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

sry i like to read between the lines.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Is cung le a TKD stylist or not?

i started MA with japanese fencing. now i practice kung fu and kung fu sword. i still know japanese fencing and still practice. when i practice and perform chinese style is it japanese style? no.
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

PangQuang, et al,

Everyone has a right to their opinion, even if no one else agrees with them! If you don’t like what someone says, ignore them or reply with reasoned argument! If they don’t allow themselves to be edified, the loss is theirs, or perhaps it is you that has the incomplete view, but are unable to recognize it for yourself!

To use ridicule rather than edifying comments reduces one’s own level to that of the person you ridicule and reveals your own lack of maturity! You have become what you propound to despise!

Use your knowledge to educate, not derogate! It is easier to tear down rather than build up. Tearing down in these circumstances demonstrates no useful purpose other than the exercise of personal ego! Character shows through most when our irritation level is at its highest!

The world benefits from so called trolls. They challenge established views that may have become frozen over time thus impeding growth and improvement. If Truth is indeed Truth it can stand the ravages of constant challenges! Can you?

your right and I know that.

but i also know that i was jesting, simply to humor myself. i dont truly care about this topic.

i was just in one of those moods, you know. the stuck in the office with no work to do but stare at the wall or file papers, kinda mood.

a serious reply to fallout:

does it really matter? cung le is a man following his dreams and fullfilling his lifes goals, in an avenue that will meet his needs.

when it comes down to it, everything anyone does worth of value is good kung fu.

le is going about it in the proper manner befitting his situation which is a core element to "traditional".

so i would say that cung le is in the act of performing traditional kung fu, whether it be in a style befitting that of ancient china, or that of a correct path to realize achievement...

edit: sorry for any tears pulled or chains yanked
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

Hi PangQuan,

Well said and I apologize for my seemingly overly serious interpretation of your good-natured jesting!

Hi Chris,

That is a very good question!

Don’t give him what he wants! This can be accomplished a few ways. One is to respond with meaningful comments and without derision. The second is to ignore him completely! Both ways he is not getting what he is seeking; which is apparently to upset others!

It is likely many trolls are people who are lonely and possess poor social skills. By treating them with kindness you help them develop meaningful relationships. Once this occurs they have the opportunity to learn proper decorum through observing the behavior of those they’ve gained respect for! Everyone wants to feel they are important and their thoughts are worthwhile! Even trolls!!

It is also possible that some trolls have power issues. They feel powerless in their daily lives so they derive satisfaction by being able to manipulate the feelings of others! If you get upset he gets what he wants! A feeling or power over you!! So don’t give him what he wants! Either ignore him or treat him without derision as I have mentioned!

I don’t know how old you are or if you have children, but when children want attention they will get it somehow. If the parent doesn’t give it too them in a healthy and consistent manner the child will act out and get into trouble. It is a subconscious behavior designed to get attention. A child would rather have any kind of attention rather than no attention at all, even if the attention is getting into trouble! So it appears to be with some trolls as well!

I would also ask yourself why you feel the need to defend Kung Fu at all; if it has meaning for you, who cares what me or Fallout or anyone else thinks about it. I am not saying don’t share your own opinions, of course, but don’t care what Fallout thinks enough to get upset about it! There is nothing to defend. Kung fu is what it is. We will all interpret it differently according to our personality, inclinations, goals and experience! If Fallout or anyone else thinks it is a bunch of hooey, good for them, I like it, I enjoy it and I am confident in myself, my art and my skills! If someone wants to deride it that is their prerogative; I will engage them or not depending upon my inclination at the time! I will try to do it with decorum and if I start to get too frustrated or I think the conversation is no longer productive I will disengage myself from it. There is no sense in playing handball against the curtains, LOL!!! As you said some people just want to argue, and when it is no longer fun to play with them, take your ball and go home!

I like Kung Le as a person and as a marital artist! Yet at the same time I don’t see anything wrong with Fallout’s comments. They don’t offend me! They are not entirely inaccurate, and from a certain perspective he is correct. I don’t necessarily agree with him either, but I do see where he is coming from! Kung Fu to me is not the origins but the attitudes and principles one uses as the root of their training. Kung Le can call his root Kung Fu if he likes and so can anyone else. Who cares if he uses leg sweeps or high kicks. TKD and BBJ are not the originators of either, just the modern popularizers of these actions!

Thumbs down

Yes, let's all pitty the poor troll and his lack of social graces, he's a victim, everyone's a victim, society is evil, it takes a village, blah blah..... hey, Let's hug a tree, eat some granola and move our chi!

dear lord

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I offer two special Chi Kung classes now

tree hugging is open to any wannabe hippie who has the cash

but

the nut holding chi kung is only open to the hot chicks

Hi Chris,

Well I just think it is foolish to complain about someone you can just ignore. Who cares what he thinks!

I don’t think his post is inappropriate or disrespectful. He is expressing his opinion for whatever reason it is. It is his right to post it, your right to respond or ignore. But why complain about it!!

Your behavior is more troll like than mine. You seem to be unable to let it go! To me there is no reason to be offended. And if it upsets you so much just ignore him. Who cares if someone else responds to him which continues to encourage his behavior? If someone bothers me that much I just avoid them.

Who are you the BB police!!! Let it go, ignore him, or quit complaining about it!!!