Thread: Ma Weiqi Style Baguazhang

Ma Weiqi Style Baguazhang

I'm interested any information that forum members can provide about current practioners, and instructors in Ma Weiqi School Bagua. I know the traditional stories about "Coaler" Ma's character, propensity for fighting, (and killing), and such. I'm also familiar with the conjecture about the cause of his early death. I'm not so concerned with these things as I am with finding a teacher who's skilled in this school and can impart it's principles.

Ma had a brief life and wasn't the nicest of guys.
    Supposedly he didn't have any students who lasted
    long. He basically hurt folks.

I am not certain, but I don't think that there is any lineage
    through Ma. That's the "Official" take and I've never heard otherwise.

I could be wrong.

I've read that the Ma Wei Qi School is one of the major lineages around the Beijing area. Also, I've searched the lineage line from Ma Wei Qi, to Yan Ju Lin, through Chiao Chang Hung of Taiwan. It seems to go cold there. Does anyone know of any legitimate Bagua lineage carriers after the late Master Chiao?

Maybe I have my Ma's confused. I know Dong taught a couple,

I've read that there was Ma Gui, the "Wood" Ma, student of Yin Fu and Dong Hai Chuan, who was a lumber merchant. There was also Ma Wei Qi, the "Coal Ma", student of Dong Hai Chuan, and some say Cheng Ting Hua. Both Ma's accepted many challenges, and fought frequently.

I can't write of Ma Wei Qi's virtue. I just know that I'm interested in the Ma Weiqi branch of Baguazhang. Do any board members know of teachers within this branch of Baguazhang? Also do any board members know where I can get a copy of "Graphic Explanations of Baguazhang" by Tan Qingyun? This is said to be an exposition of Ma style Baguazhang.

OFF Topic;

What does your handler name mean?

I am interested in Lama?

Do you practice Pi Gua, Mi Zhong and Ba Gua?

Or southern Lama pai?

Zhu Baozhen in Beijing is heir to some Ma Weiqi stuff.

CS Tang in Hongkong sells Tan's book on the internet.

That's great. I'm familiar with the C.S. Tang website. Lots of good stuff there. There's only one problem, it's not labeled in english, and I don't read Chinese. If you go to the website: cstang.www3.50megs.com/artnarts.html which numbered book cover is it?
    Last edited by lamakwoklee; 06-13-2005 at 11:49 AM.

It is #10030008. It won't be much help if you don't read Chinese.

I'm beginning the study Chinese. As to translation thank God for foreign exchange students.

ma pai bagua

i trained with Shi Chongyin in zhengzhou china.
    He is a master of Ma Pai Bagua(coal Ma)

www.littlenineheaven.com
    At my school, they teach ma wei chi's bagua.
    contact one of the teachers if your interested in learning or want to know about the lineage. They have the purest bagua ive ever seen. only 6 generations in.

Maybe I have my Ma's confused. I know Dong taught a couple,
    No, you had the right guy. Ma Weiqi died when he was only 29.