Thread: poisonous chinese medicine

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    V,

I have been training for over 27 years so Im close to the 30 mark that you mentioned. Though I dont agree that you have to train in Iron Vest for over 15 years for it to become effective(that would be almost useless than from a practicial standpoint). Usually by that time you are able to be hit anywhere in your body and dissapate the strike so as to cause no harm. Also I find that Iron Vest training vamps up my Iron Palm training as well. I assume from building the qi and storing it in the major fascia of the body helps.

I have found that way too many people are into this whole secret herb thing. Chinese medicine is cheap as well as common. Only a few rare herbs are expensive, most are not. Most martial arts herbs have poisons in them that have to be prepared in a certain way with procedures or your going to get sick or poison yourself. Hence my original posting. The only secrets are to keep it out of fools' hands so they do themselves or others harm.

Most old school teachers will teach Dit Da healing skills along with fighting. Sadly many teachers today have none of this knowledge. That makes them only skilled thugs in my book. I was told you need to learn both sides of the coin, martial as well as healing to be considered a decent martial artist.

I count myself lucky to have acquired such knowledge. Learn all that you can from your Sifu that he has to offer, and then teach it when you understand it. Too much is kept in the dark when it can help so many.

Most of the time these days teachers use that secret herb thing to keep their students on a tight leash to buy from them and only them. Sad, but true in some cases.

Train well, V

Cheers,

Dale Dugas
    But Iron vest is such a rare skill, i don't think the herbs are that common either.

V,

Iron Vest and Iron Palm have become uncommon and rare in the world of firearms and other weapons. They are hard to do, boring, and eat so much of your free time that they almost seem not worth it for many people.

The herbs one uses are not that rare. Though the processes you need to create such an internal pill can be. Certain herbs must be cooked in wine, then sun dried. Others need to fried in vinegar then wine, then dried. Others need to be cooked in ginger juice and or baby urine( I kid you not). Then you grind them up add them to boiling honey and then make pills that you take for the first 3 months when you are starting the program. The version I learned has no hitting only a lengthy qi gong set, that terminates in sitting meditation to run the qi and then a special belt is used to help aid the organs to learn to seat themselves under the ribcage.

I agree with others that certain people should never learn these skills to cause harm to others. But the strength benefits outweigh the destructive damage you can learn.

Hope your training and your shifu and kwoon are well.

Peace,

Dale
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

V,

Iron Vest and Iron Palm have become uncommon and rare in the world of firearms and other weapons. They are hard to do, boring, and eat so much of your free time that they almost seem not worth it for many people.

The herbs one uses are not that rare. Though the processes you need to create such an internal pill can be. Certain herbs must be cooked in wine, then sun dried. Others need to fried in vinegar then wine, then dried. Others need to be cooked in ginger juice and or baby urine( I kid you not). Then you grind them up add them to boiling honey and then make pills that you take for the first 3 months when you are starting the program. The version I learned has no hitting only a lengthy qi gong set, that terminates in sitting meditation to run the qi and then a special belt is used to help aid the organs to learn to seat themselves under the ribcage.

I agree with others that certain people should never learn these skills to cause harm to others. But the strength benefits outweigh the destructive damage you can learn.

Hope your training and your shifu and kwoon are well.

Peace,

Dale
    yes, it takes the highest level of iron vest to stop a bullet and ppl don't have this skill anymore. but it takes weeks to learn how to shoot properly. lots of iron vest masters were killed in the boxer rebellion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    yes, it takes the highest level of iron vest to stop a bullet and ppl don't have this skill anymore. but it takes weeks to learn how to shoot properly. lots of iron vest masters were killed in the boxer rebellion.
    guys,
    the iron vest was about blood control in the skin and subdermis. it was used to control blood flow into wounds so that they would knit faster, or prevent massive blood loss/bruising. it was never intended to stop a bullet or prevent a wound: just reduce the bleeding.

there are other hardening methods which will toughen the skin but will not deflect anything.

there became a popular belief durring the Ching/Manchu Rebellion (what the English called the Boxer Rebellion of th 1890's, not the Chinese Boxer Rebellion of the 1860's) that was proliferated by a group of monks whom claimed there was one whom could still do iron palm technique so well as to turn ball from a musket at 100 yards. swatting a hot lead ball travelling 650fps is a heck of a lot different than being bulletproof.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 07-12-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks for stating the obvious.

V was the one who mentioned the c r a p about stopping bullets. My god this person is a total nutter who knows NOTHING about training in real iron arts.

Stopping bullets and knives and all that fantasy novel crap.

V has been outed as nothing more than a child with dreams of granduer.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

Quote Originally Posted by YuanZhideDiZhen
    guys,
    the iron vest was about blood control in the skin and subdermis. it was used to control blood flow into wounds so that they would knit faster, or prevent massive blood loss/bruising. it was never intended to stop a bullet or prevent a wound: just reduce the bleeding.

there are other hardening methods which will toughen the skin but will not deflect anything.

there became a popular belief durring the Ching/Manchu Rebellion (what the English called the Boxer Rebellion of th 1890's, not the Chinese Boxer Rebellion of the 1860's) that was proliferated by a group of monks whom claimed there was one whom could still do iron palm technique so well as to turn ball from a musket at 100 yards. swatting a hot lead ball travelling 650fps is a heck of a lot different than being bulletproof.
    Also depends on the calibire. A bullet proof vest cannot stop a knife stab. but Iron vest training can stop bladed weapons. shouldn't it mean it can stop bullets?

actually V they have vests that stop blades AND bullets. But like technology is sometimes can be countered.

Believing Iron Vest can stop bladed weapons is a joke. Hence your a joke for believing that it can do that.

You able to comprehend this? It seems you cannot. You would be great if you could take your apparent interest in MA and train for real rather than the fairy like material you claim to train with.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

actually V they have vests that stop blades AND bullets. But like technology is sometimes can be countered.

Believing Iron Vest can stop bladed weapons is a joke. Hence your a joke for believing that it can do that.

You able to comprehend this? It seems you cannot. You would be great if you could take your apparent interest in MA and train for real rather than the fairy like material you claim to train with.

In Boston,

Dale Dugas
    No. But I agree alot of the masters were killed during the boxer reballion