Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Xin Yi Ba

I think i know which girl you talked about, i met her for sometimes in 2004, she works as interpreter for many years, i believe she is rich, she dresses well and she bought a notebook PC cost more than 10,000rmb, and she has nice mobile and camera. so she owns those expensive things before she start to assist in that school. a motorcycle cost about 3000 rmb, i would not be surprise if she buy one. I think she doesn't need foreign students to pay for that.

And she is very smart and speaks good english, I don't believe that she would say such stupid words to people.
    [FONT=Arial NDF-hermit arrow]DF-hermit[/FONT]

I'm another Singapore Chinese (not shaoshishan, but a friend of ), by chance see the comments, I can’t help to type something here.

I understand those foreign students who get cheated at shaolin area and were disappointed with shaolin temple, so am I. After the sad experiences and hearing so many stories like this, we start to be doubtful of everything we see. But in this way, I’m afraid we could probably get blinded and miss something important for ourselves.

I have red the book:<<songshan fang chan ji>>(in Chinese). To be honest, the literatures of traditional shaolin arts is very hard to understand, it takes time to learn and to practice. I don’t think any beginner can learn or understand it in one month, and I think that’s why they offer a high price to “stop” the short-term students.

I agree with Brad, if a monk deviate from their vows, it’s only themselves they’re really hurting,,,,,,,,but I don’t think we should hold them up to standards we don’t keep for ourselves either,,,,,,, A good monk should be a good person first, and to be a good person must be honest first. Compare with some successful business monks like yanming/yanlu and etc. wugulun disciples are honest people, they did nothing to us and they own nothing for themselves.

The disagreement here is about money. If you believe they practice real traditional shaolin gungfu and you want to learn, and you don’t have money, you still have chance to train in wugulun lineage. I have found a paragraph on their uncompleted website:

The master has in the past and will in the future offer a few sponsorships to students who may not have all necessary financial resources. However, these students must first prove themselves to be hard working, fully motivated to gain the highest knowledge of traditional Shaolin Gongfu and able to lead a life within the confines of the tradition.
    Last edited by shaoshishan; 02-11-2006 at 02:23 AM.

It’s me again(Singaporean), I have more to say. Many foreign gung-fu enthusiasts are like the people who seeking for “treasures”, when they found the “treasure”, they can pick it up immediately and carry it back straight away. For sure, authentic arts are treasures, but you can’t just pay and take them back. It requires time and efforts, this maybe one of the reason you got disappointed with shaolin kung-fu. Otherwise why those Chinese students did not get disappointed and still come to train year after year?

It maybe another reason, foreigners can not fully understand Chinese and Chinese culture, so misunderstanding ultimately guide you to disappointment.

What do you think? Guys?

1- I think alot of people who looking for shaolin have a misconception of what a modern day shaolin or shaolin monk will be
    2- They may be expecting some overnight miracles
    3- Its really up to the person to make sure they are not learning from frauds ( as far as actual skill) and to get their moneys worth
    [i]Originally posted by [Censored]

And I would never ever train at any cult school with a "wall of shame".

hi, i took alook at those Shi De Jian clips a page back, i was wondering if any has those downloaded they can send me via PM or knows how to DL from that site, would love to show my sifu.

about the foreigners attitude to chinese culture, dont give them excuses. i have seen many that have attitued that they want this and if they dont get it fast and well, they will complain. but there are many who wish to learn properly and just look for the people to teach them properly.

people are putting others in countrys as if the countrys people are all the same, they are not, each person is different and each has the possiblity of becoming great.

people who wish to go to china to learn must have a reason, somthing that brings them there, if they dont and just want to go for a short trip to learn much, then as shows on every martial art forum, they will find not what they look for (mostly)

I really want to meet a real xinyiba master

I really want to meet a real xinyiba master, is there anybody knows?

all infors are welcome, thanks

I think the one and only left Xinyiba Master is Shi de Jian and his disciples.

Look for them here:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinFighter View Post
    I think the one and only left Xinyiba Master is Shi de Jian and his disciples.

Look for them here:
    Where?
    There is no link in your post.

There are two ancient Shaolin methods: Xin Yi Ba and Rou Quan.

There are two ex-Shaolin Lineages teaching only the ancient way of doing things, each focuses on one them.

Wu Gu Lin's line does the Xin Yi Ba. (which leads today to Shi De Gian, the author of the Shaolin Encyclopedias)

and

Shi De Gen's line ALSO does the Rou Quan, (which today leads to Liu Zhenhai and Zhu Tianxi )

Shi De Gen was a student of both Head monk Zhen Xu (1893-1955) and of Wu Sanlin (1875-1970).

I don't know if, one of the last monks in Shaolin that taught the ancient methods, Shi Suxi's line teaches either of these arts.
    According to his most famous student, Shi De Yang, the Xin Yi Ba movements were hidden amongst the oldest Shaolin forms, so that they wouldn't disappear, such as Shaolin's Pao Chui sets.

If you really want to learn ancient way to do Shaolin, it would behoove you to learn either or both these arts.