Thread: Internal Aspects of Wing Chun

Hybrid View

lol reads true

Though, why wait till half way through the curriculum to teach it, or is it taught this way but mearly explained at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by T.D.O View Post
    lol reads true

Though, why wait till half way through the curriculum to teach it, or is it taught this way but mearly explained at this point?
    Because its powerful and dangerous, a student has to be mature enough to handle it correctly. I probably started too early and developed for a time what Western doctors diagnose as parasomnia (breaking out of the sleep barrier). Until I researched what was really going on, they just prescribed some drug that makes your body feel likes its rubber. Back then, before the internet, it was not easy research obscure things like that. So I had to go up and down stairs at the UCLA medical library chasing down citations in medical journals. Once in while if I'm not careful it can still be dangerous, like yesterday I geared up for a kilocalorie workout but the instructor canceled so I put the energy into a yoga class, then during the shavasana (relaxation at the end) I got a couple huge jolts. At least the shocks woke me up, so no one would call 911 for what probably looked like seizures, haha
    Last edited by YinOrYan; 08-17-2021 at 10:37 AM.

doesn't sound like fun, what kind of training leads to this? seems a lot different from what I I regard as internal training, anything you can share about your routine?

Had to look up kilocalorie workout, still none the wiser lol

Had to look up kilocalorie workout, still none the wiser lol
    Kilocalorie is usually about an hour straight of hard boxing for a male. The more obscure "internal training" is considered secretive because it can cause strokes or nerve damage, so the student has to be known to have the discipline. Something like caffine, or even certain levels of sodium or sugars could be dangerous. Ironically, if everybody is going out for Chinese food, the student has got to be able to say No Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by YinOrYan View Post
    Kilocalorie is usually about an hour straight of hard boxing for a male. The more obscure "internal training" is considered secretive because it can cause strokes or nerve damage, so the student has to be known to have the discipline. Something like caffine, or even certain levels of sodium or sugars could be dangerous. Ironically, if everybody is going out for Chinese food, the student has got to be able to say No Thanks...
    thanks

would you say the internal stuff is worth the danger?

thanks

would you say the internal stuff is worth the danger?
    Yeah, I'm in better shape than I ever was when I was young, but the trade-offs are different for everyone. Even for dietary restrictions, if you are married then your spouse has to all in. And if you all are up for even bigger trade-offs read the following:
    Attached Images Attached Images