Thread: A Chi Gung Set That is Good for Any Style?

Blog Entries

A Chi Gung Set That is Good for Any Style?

Is there a Chi Gung set that can pretty much fit in with any style? I'm looking for a set that will strengthen the tendons and joints. Is there a set that is similar to the Hung Ga Iron Wire that can be a compliment to any style?

joints are protected by tendons, tendons are made strong by repetitive stress.

Qigongs in many ways focus on the health and suppleness of the spine and the fullness of the breath. But there are a wide variety of individual gongs that can focuse on any given aspect of the body really.

8 pieces of brocade is good, yi jin jing is good, but neither of these really uses dynamic tension over the whole body like an Iron wire set would. The iron wire is a "hard" qigong for this reason because it develops tendon, muscle (through micro fibre tearing), bone growth through micro fracture (stomping) in the legs and pelvis and oxygenation of the blood to a great degree.

I guess, you'll have to look around. There are afterall literally thousands of different gongs for a whole bunch of different focuses.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

From what I know, martial Qi Gong is style specific as they hold the body struture and mechanics for thier respective arts.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

These are good for any style

At a boy Luther!!!!

do a search for stone warrior. i've never tried it but some people have said its ok.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

taomonkey, that link is forbidden, and no, i am not on a blocked network of any type.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

stupid question but, why not hung gar iron wire?
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

that's a good question GS.

Yeah FP, why not just get a vid copy of tid sen and go to town?
    there's a hard qigong ready to go!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Kung Lek: It's simple to get past that if you just want to see one page. Use a gmail cache. http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache...2Findex_en.htm

If you want to do this yourself without having to enter the link you want to visit in Google every time, download firefox and install the Gcache plugin.

hearwa

from what i understand it was banned in China because it undertook to become a political movement as opposed to just simple practice of qigong.

millions of people practice tai chi and qigong all over china without any hassle at all from the government. but the falun gong folks bring their whacky ideologies into the play and voila, they're persecuted.

go against the flow in any society and see what happens. you could wind up in a freedom of expression pen behind chain link fences 'expressing' yourself 'freely' in america too. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

why isn't your martial arts good enough to strengthen your tendons and joints? Why would it matter to your art what kind of "qigung" exercise you do?