Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: pope's dead

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher M
    You seem to have burdened my request with much more than I actually asked. So I will simply ask again: please have some respect for a man who just died. That is all.
    The fact that he just died doesn't automatically demand respect for him if you didn't respect him in the first place. He was a great intellectual thinker, but it was a wasted intellect in my opinion. For example, anyone that expressly forbids the use of condoms, even to combat AIDS, doesn't really deserve much respect as far as I'm concerned.

This thread isn't a eulogy to the man, nor is it on Catholic Faithfull website, so your request is pretty irrelevant really.
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

-Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

I seriously didn't mean any disrespect to him... and I shouldn't have been so flippant.

But there I go again... this is no place for a critique of Catholicism, just as whatever the intention of the thread is, Chris M has a right to express his distaste.

I do hope that the next Pope relaxes the Catholic church's stance on condoms so we can see a sea change in the way the AIDS problem is dealt with in Africa. Since John Paul was all about love and peace in his funeral address, let's hope that goes with common sense and respect.