Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: John Springer Seminar on the 23/24 April in the UK

Exclamation Incorrect assumption

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Lam tong long, welcome to MA - Mantis Anonymous .

Bong, I'll just assume your whole post was a typo, OK?

Rgds,
    David

David, your assumption is incorrect.

You are free however, to believe in whoever or whatever you want.

Just don't assume that the rest of us share your beliefs.

Bong,

Read some of David's older posts and you'll perhaps perceive his views differently

misunderstanding?

Hi David,

"Lam tong long, welcome to MA - Mantis Anonymous "

Is that a jibe? If so, I'm hardly anonymous being that my only other post had my name on it. I think I asked reasonable questions - agree?

If yes then the above quote doesn't really cover them.

Regards, John Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Tong Long
    Hi David,

"Lam tong long, welcome to MA - Mantis Anonymous "

Is that a jibe? If so, I'm hardly anonymous being that my only other post had my name on it. I think I asked reasonable questions - agree?

If yes then the above quote doesn't really cover them.

Regards, John Rockwell
    From what I read, it's not clear that there's such a person as "John Rockwell". So, the jibe stands for now.

As for your points, you maintain a position that lacks substance. I have no special knowledge or insights to add.

Rgds,
    David

X-Warrior - Where are ur Hands, I would Like to see ur Hands?

X-Warrior - Where are ur Hands, I would Like to see ur Hands?

Care to poist a photo?
    Car to Post a Video?
    What seminar ur gave?

or anything like dat?

curious to see the hands of the "reviewer" of jfs/etc

cheers

5thBro

Jibe

Hi David,

"From what I read..."

There's your big mistake. You've accidentally taken things you've read on the internet as fact. Common problem when people have proliferated false accounts for years without anyone to present the counter arguement.

Where do you train (geographically)? I'm in Newcastle (as I've posted repeatedly on various forums). Anyone is welcome to come and see me to verify exactly who I am.

"As for your points, you maintain a position that lacks substance"

Can you explain that please? What is it about my post that makes it less valid. Are the points I made lacking substance because they are not in keeping with "what you have read"?

If you wish to take this discussion offline or want any contact details for those in my style who are fully aware that I am who I say please feel free to email on jay@urbanent.wanadoo.co.uk.

I do not wish to make enemies. You have said elsewhere that you do not want to be an apologist for certain people, but faced with hostile words perhaps you come across as one.

Regards, John Rockwell

Well ok... but I'm not going to be drawn into this thing. Anything I've said is as an outsider. Don't even go there.

I'm pleased that you're 'findable' in Newcastle. You can sound genuine when you're not being vitriolic. I'm in Plymouth, as I think it says in my profile.

My point is simple. JFS does kung fu and does it well. He knows it inside out and has used it. This is all the message that I am affirming. He did a **** fine seminar, by ALL accounts. Pretty cool. Nuff said.

Rgds,
    David

So what you are saying is that know matter how racisit, insulting and threatining JFS is, if he is good at kung fu, sorry Southern Mantis then he is a person to be respected. I wonder you would be so respecting of Adolf Hitler if he practised Mantis
    Last edited by CHAZ; 05-14-2005 at 06:51 PM.
    A wise man knows, that to know is to know that to know is not to know

Who is better?

Quote Originally Posted by David
    My point is simple. JFS does kung fu and does it well.
    Rgds,
    David
    In your opinion, is Springer better than your Sifu?

Attn. David

Hi David,

I'm not trying to draw you into anything.

My only arguement with JFS and SR was that they had written things about my Sigung (Ho Sing) that simply were not true.
    They are no longer part of LWS Pai so therefore if it wasn't for 'gong sau challenges', 'sun dar threats' and general abuse by JFS alone (not SR) the issue would have been long since passed.

I have not commented on JFS seminar because I wasn't there.

I'm merely trying to provide some much needed prespective.

"JFS does kung fu and does it well. He knows it inside out and has used it."

Great for him, it doesn't mean he didn't write untrue information about my Sigung.
    Plus, that's assuming you have any context of what other people may know or have done with their kung fu.

"You can sound genuine when you're not being vitriolic."

That's because I am being genuine - not MA . But the vitriol has been two ways and born out of peoples refusal to simply accept the FACT of the situation and MOVE ON.

Apologies on missing your location in the header bar...just didn't spot it.

"Anything I've said is as an outsider."

Fair play. As an outsider to JFS' seminar I chose not to comment because I don't like to speak on things I have no idea about. Can you say the same?

Regards, John

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ
    So what you are saying is that know matter how racisit, insulting and threatining JFS is, if he is good at kung fu, sorry Southern Mantis then he is a person to be respected. I wonder you would be so respecting of Adolf Hitler if he practised Mantis
    The racist remarks you allude to were reciprocal, aimed at the person who instigated it with their own (actual) racism. I've been annoyed by JFS about lots of things and I've seen him treat people unfairly. This is going to get particulary boring if I "have to" explain in every detail my perspective on this guy who's got everyone so fascinated.
    Quote Originally Posted by bong
    In your opinion, is Springer better than your Sifu?
    LOL! Let's say that I'd be amazed if he were better than a small number experts I have knowledge about. But there's always someone better. You guys must be giving him a right laugh with all this.

LTL, I am still sitting this one out. Everyone's got their facts, and sometimes things get twisted.

I'm late for training now so this is even shorter than I intended

Rgds,
    David

not so..

Hi David,

I don't wanna split hairs but:

"The racist remarks you allude to were reciprocal, aimed at the person who instigated it with their own (actual) racism."

is actually not the true case.

JFS called me a "stupid gweilo who is forever on the outside looking in". I responded by saying that it was funny that I should be called a gweilo by another white man. Then it was me that said to him that he was trying "convince people he was the most chinese gweilo - a pale imitation".

He responded to Steven Kwan, a hakka chinese lad, by calling him a "slanted eyed rice sucker".

There is ZERO justification for JFS' racism in light of the REAL conversation that occured (not JFS' own spin doctor twist on the words). Saying that he simply did it back (to the wrong person) makes it acceptable?

He's supposed to be a Master so shouldn't he be judged by higher standards? If so then he would fail on ALL accounts.

I know that you go on the SPM forum so therefore you either didn't read the exchange in question or you are buying into JFS' post slip-up spin.

Either way it's not right OR correct.

Apologies for not reading every 'constructive exchange' on the other forum ...

Anyway, it's not technically racist merely to use a racist keyword: without the racial-hatred, it's just a non-pc insult. You traded insults for months. JFS is not a racist, as the photos from the seminar prove.

Rgds,
    David

ok

Hi David,

I agree that most of the exchanges were not constructive. But sadly they were neccessary.

You are entitled to whatever opinion you may hold of JFS. I may not agree. Oh well....

Seriously, I hope you enjoyed your training today and that responding to my posts didn't cause you to be late for class (as that is the most important thing).

I had a look around your website and enjoyed some of the info and media you have shown.

All the best,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Lam Tong Long
    Hi David,

I don't wanna split hairs but:

"The racist remarks you allude to were reciprocal, aimed at the person who instigated it with their own (actual) racism."

is actually not the true case.

JFS called me a "stupid gweilo who is forever on the outside looking in". I responded by saying that it was funny that I should be called a gweilo by another white man. Then it was me that said to him that he was trying "convince people he was the most chinese gweilo - a pale imitation".

He responded to Steven Kwan, a hakka chinese lad, by calling him a "slanted eyed rice sucker".

There is ZERO justification for JFS' racism in light of the REAL conversation that occured (not JFS' own spin doctor twist on the words). Saying that he simply did it back (to the wrong person) makes it acceptable?

He's supposed to be a Master so shouldn't he be judged by higher standards? If so then he would fail on ALL accounts.

I know that you go on the SPM forum so therefore you either didn't read the exchange in question or you are buying into JFS' post slip-up spin.

Either way it's not right OR correct.
    I don't know of his skill, nor do I care. What I do know of is his conduct on the net. Below is a PM I received from him after sending him a warning that if his insults didn't stop, he'd be banned from the forum:

"**** you. You got all the mouth and I stuck the challenge right in your face, *****. You got the balls then show up and put up or else

shut the **** up.

You like to "scare" the little kiddies with your big, black ass? I'll bust you up beyond repair and send you right back to jump street, KUNT. "

The weird thing is that he never challenged me - he challenged someone else on the forum - I think he was just PMing and getting carried away. Either way, This is NOT professional in any sense.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter