Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Bullshido?

Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    I doubt, given what you just posted, that you'v ever actually been to Bullshido. MasterKiller knows perfectly well who I am, he was laughed off of Bullshido months ago.
    I was laughed off Bullshido? That's news to me.

Please point me to that particular thread. I have barely 100 posts over there, and I mostly post on the Shaolin related topics.

Prove it.

Could you please provide some kind of concrete evidence, with examples, of what you are claiming?

You know ... LIKE I JUST DID IN REGARDS TO THE MATHEMATICS OF BULLSHIDO MEMBERSHIP.

Come on, please. Make an effort.
    Can Red5 post completey erroneous information like you did, or do his numbers actually have to add up?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-02-2005 at 08:21 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Asia-

Cool! I put a shout out at BS the other day. ONly got one sane response so far.
    From an Aikidoka no less. lol, anyway, we'll see where that goes.

Next CK meet in Canada will likely be in one of three places.
    Toronto, Montreal or London.

Steve's Gwoon is in London, Mau and Teo are in Montreal with their crew and Me and Chris are here in Markham.

So far, every meet I've been to has been terrific. I don't think this place has had any official meets yet, but members apparently show up at other events as is shown by Adam's pics with G~ at the Shaolin tourneys and so on.

I am looking forward to a TO BS throwdown, might even be willing to suss out some space for one myself if there is enough interest. Or even a cross forum hook up kind of thing. You know, just so we can get doers together and let the typers type.

anyway, I would very much like a taste of your baji goodness!

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So, it should indeed be INCREDIABLY EASY to find precise supporting data for your hypothesis. I even got you started.
    I can't remember the specific thread JKDchick but I can tell you this - I bothered to read through most of a thread where you spent a good portion of your time hamming it up for your fellow posters, bad mouting certain parties for whatever personal reasons you have. It was a real put off, and YOU were specifically one of the few on that thread that has given me my overall impression of that board.

Ghostdog - no one is saying bullshido is useless, atleast most of us aren't. As I said before, just like THIS forum, you have to wade through the crap to get to the pearls of wisdom. however, Bullshidos claim to fame - cutting through the martial arts bullsh!t, has attracted a certain type of character the predominates on that board, a loudmouthed, no it all, cuts everything they don't understand while showing off for their internet freinds type. That's all. there are indeed some real quality posters over there.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    I can't remember the specific thread JKDchick but I can tell you this - I bothered to read through most of a thread where you spent a good portion of your time hamming it up for your fellow posters, bad mouting certain parties for whatever personal reasons you have. It was a real put off, and YOU were specifically one of the few on that thread that has given me my overall impression of that board.
    Okay, so you have a vague memory of me "hamming it up" on A SINGLE THREAD and bad-mouthing .... someone. Who was I bad mouthing? Do you have a name, a style, anything? I bet I -- like you -- could find this alleged thread in about 15 seconds with that info.

OR POSSIBLY YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY PROVIDE CONCRETE INFORMATION IN ANY MANNER BECAUSE IT WOULD, YOU KNOW, PROVE THE OBVIOUS FACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

If anyone was to take say a random sample of three posters* of this thread, one would come to the conclusion that everyone on THIS forum was a vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron.

*as long as it included you, of course.

If anyone was to take say a random sample of three posters* of this thread, one would come to the conclusion that everyone on THIS forum was a vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron.
    How so? I don't see that at all.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Thank you to Mutant Warrior for preserving what's left of my sanity. I read this whole pox-ridden thread hoping for some sense, and was kind of losing it when JKD Chick got onto maths.

Anyway, I've lurked on Bullshido for a long time and it's ok, but at risk of sounding like a typical nostalgic TMAist, it used to be better!

Now it's populated by a bunch of dumbs ****s who have taken over from the older quieter more logical breed of dumb ****s with their own particular brand of dogma, straight from somebody else's slogan book...

I even like some of what JKD Chick says, but it kind of sums up the way the board (BS) has become when she starts blithering on about figures with the decimal place once removed and calling it science, and after stating some garbage about having the weapons of irony, rhetoric etc on her side then coming out with blanket BS statements like "Ambiguity is weakness", which frankly looks like it comes out of a Christmas cracker made by the Branch Davidian Cult or something... Big fat

Quote Originally Posted by MutantWarrior
    I sure hope your JKD skills are better than your math skills...
    Yeah, that was pretty ******* of me. I was using the wrong setting on the stupid accounting calender and not thinking as I typed. Mea Culpa.

Should I go back and fix it? That would strike me as disengenuous, and would rob certain people of a little thrill over the idea that a formatting somehow invalidates the DATA.

Still, the actual amount is the same, whether I screwed up the multiplication or not.
    Last edited by JKDChick; 03-02-2005 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Added Something

Quote Originally Posted by Mat
    ...on her side then coming out with blanket BS statements like "Ambiguity is weakness", which frankly looks like it comes out of a Christmas cracker made by the Branch Davidian Cult or something... Big fat
    Gosh, sorry I didn't use the cutesy little smilies like the rest of the children.

That was a JOKE, nitwit.

Okay, so you have a vague memory of me "hamming it up" on A SINGLE THREAD and bad-mouthing .... someone. Who was I bad mouthing? Do you have a name, a style, anything? I bet I -- like you -- could find this alleged thread in about 15 seconds with that info.

OR POSSIBLY YOU CAN'T ACTUALLY PROVIDE CONCRETE INFORMATION IN ANY MANNER BECAUSE IT WOULD, YOU KNOW, PROVE THE OBVIOUS FACT THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT ANYTHING YOU'VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT.

*as long as it included you, of course.

blah blah blah. You're argument style even shows your bullshido background. You keep demanding some sort of factual proof. I've given anyone who's interested the path to find them forthemselves....in fact you gave them the same path I did.
    As for single thread....no, just the on in particular I can think of that helped to define my overall view of that board, pay attention.
    Hamming it up? Yep, you spend quite a bit of time doing that, as well as a large precentage of the posters on taht board. It's more like a some sort of competition to entertain each other sometimes then the search for truth in anything.
    I can't frankly recall any of the details, only those that I gave. I'm not going to work anymore at it because it's not that important to me. You seem to be missing one small fact in your weak argument on providing facts, concrete or not. Anyone who cares, and is observing this thread, can choose at anytime to go ver to the bullshido and cofirm these things for themselves. It's that easy.
    This forum certainly has it's moments, I won't argue there. That's the funny thing about the difference between you and I. I know what the weaknesses of this forum are, and I choose those over the weaknesses of bullshido for my main internet martial arts needs. At least in my own opinion the crap on this forum is varied to a larger degree then the parroting that goes on by the likes of you over at bullshido. What you should do little girl, is pay attention to those few posters who speak up when they feel it's necessary, and provide intelligent and quality input instead of descending into silly debates like these, blowing steam at people and schools you have no real knowledge of, and general acting like some sort of trained monkey.

Rogue - She was talking about you when she said "vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron"

How's it feel now pretty boy!!!!!!!! DEATH MAAAAAAATCH AAAAIIYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Gosh, sorry I didn't use the cutesy little smilies like the rest of the children.

That was a JOKE, nitwit.
    ****, really? It's time I went to bed!

That would strike me as disengenuous, and would rob certain people of a little thrill over the idea that a formatting somehow invalidates the DATA.

Still, the actual amount is the same, whether I screwed up the multiplication or not.
    There is a somewhat noticeable difference between 0.71% and 7.1% though isn't there (which IS the DATA as you presented it!)? So maybe not invalidates but certainly changes the arguments, no?

So why the **** does this matter? It doesn't except that it's someone styling themselves as a rep for a site boasting about validity and reliability in what is essentially an unscientific subject...

Anyway, I'm getting the **** away from this thread before it stunts my intellect... which is one reason why I've never actually posted on Bullshido... not to diss all of the wonderful posters over there, but certainly to diss the large proportion of ****wits.

Mat makes a good point, JKDchick - shouldn't you be over at BS pestering those guys instead of pestering us?

blah blah blah. You're argument style even shows your bullshido background. You keep demanding some sort of factual proof.
    It's traditional, when making an argument about something that has concrete facts attached to it, to attempt to provide those facts. Otherwise, you are in fact "just shooting your mouth off".

Hamming it up? Yep, you spend quite a bit of time doing that, as well as a large precentage of the posters on taht board.
    The thought police have spoken. EVERYTHING MUST ALWAYS BE SERIOUS.

I can't frankly recall any of the details, only those that I gave. I'm not going to work anymore at it because it's not that important to me.
    That's the perfect, classic out of course. You've spent several pages proving that it IS important to you. At least I am not dishonest enough to argue with someone and then claim I didn't care in the first place. Caring isn't the problem; not being able to make a correct argument is.

You seem to be missing one small fact in your weak argument on providing facts, concrete or not. Anyone who cares, and is observing this thread, can choose at anytime to go ver to the bullshido and cofirm these things for themselves. It's that easy.
    Then why don't YOU, SINCE YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT IS BASED ON IT.

This forum certainly has it's moments, I won't argue there. That's the funny thing about the difference between you and I. I know what the weaknesses of this forum are, and I choose those over the weaknesses of bullshido for my main internet martial arts needs.
    Cool. I'm sure this is a very nice place. Don't spend enough time here to tell. BUt someone chose to start a thread trashing Bullshido which piqued my interest. A corresponding thread was started on Bullshido AFTER THAT. No one randomly looked around here for five minutes and decided to run around saying everything about the place is crap.

That kind of behaviour is disgusting and cowardly.

At least in my own opinion the crap on this forum is varied to a larger degree then the parroting that goes on by the likes of you over at bullshido.
    You have like 17 forums dedicated to ONE topic. Lotta variations there.

...blowing steam at people and schools you have no real knowledge of, and general acting like some sort of trained monkey.
    When, exactly (again) have I blown steam about things I have no knowledge of? I'm very careful, in fact, not to comment on people or schools I have no first-hand knowledge of.

I'm really starting to think you've never read anything I've ever posted and have me mixed up with a different woman or something.

Rogue - She was talking about you when she said "vile, vulgar, solipistic, pathetic moron"

How's it feel now pretty boy!!!!!!!! DEATH MAAAAAAATCH AAAAIIYYEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
    Gosh, you made ... well, I guess it's an attempt at a joke ... don't you have to go kill yourself now?

There is a somewhat noticeable difference between 0.71% and 7.1% though isn't there (which IS the DATA as you presented it!)? So maybe not invalidates but certainly changes the arguments, no?
    The numbers presented remain accurate. My multiplication was incorrect. The base, raw data is unchanged by this fact. The correct numbers are obvious, and would have been to me if I'd been PAYING attention rather than laughing gleefully about the fact that I found out I could even FIND that data on the site. I fear the stars in my eyes about the possibilites blinded me to my mistake.

Again, mea culpa.

So why the **** does this matter? It doesn't except that it's someone styling themselves as a rep for a site boasting about validity and reliability in what is essentially an unscientific subject....
    It is somewhat important, now, to point out that this discussion has been turned into an attack on me, and not Bullshido. Not that I mind, just a point to be made.

If people would like to actually discuss the flaws of the BOARD I would be happy to debate with them.