Thread: Anyone been to Bullshido?

Hybrid View

Anyone been to Bullshido?

That forum is full of so many posers it's unbelieveable! I signed on there to get my forum fix when this one went down, and I've been defending wing chun ever since!

At one point it's fun to debate with morons, but at the same time...depressing to know how stupid some people are.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

LOL, yeah I know exactly how you feel Van. I went on the Deluxe Forum once and wandered on to a Muay Thai thread about how effective their art was and stated, with reasons, why I felt other wise, and all they could come back with was oh yeah and this guy won this tournament and so on so it must be effective... When I keep on asking for reasons why Muay Thai was more effective than WC they couldn't come back with any response (not that I don't think MT is not a effective art), I thought that was funny.

James
    Last edited by sihing; 02-23-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Van,

I know what you mean. I've posted on that board, I like this one better.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

They rip apart Sifu Grados over there. Or anyone else who doesn't study Muay tai and brazilian jujitsu. What's funny is he did BJJ for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal
    They rip apart Sifu Grados over there. Or anyone else who doesn't study Muay tai and brazilian jujitsu. What's funny is he did BJJ for a while.
    I have done both MT and BJJ for a bit, but because I mentioned wing chun as my primary art I'm catching hell for it.

They try to rip apart anything just about. I have this one kid there, who practices kenjutsu supposedly, who fully admits to having no knowledge of the arts mentioned, or wing chun, but he's been constantly pestering me telling me wing chun sucks and that he doesn't have to be a gracie to know that. I keep telling him to put up something with details..but he can't do it, because he knows sh-- about nothing.

It's just funny. When I get bored...I go in there to debate a little.

If you guys want to see it, it's in the "general BS section"
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 02-25-2005 at 11:49 AM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen
    If you guys want to see it, it's in the "general BS section"
    What thread?
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

That forum is full of so many posers it's unbelieveable! I signed on there to get my forum fix when this one went down, and I've been defending wing chun ever since!
    Don't worry Vankuen, BSdo is full of morons. They have gotten sold a line that BJJ and MT are DA SH!T and that anything else sucks. As far as I am concerned the reason they love the combo so much is that they all just want a BIG HUG so they like fighting arts that depend on clinching. That's also why they get so ornery, they get tossed on their @ss every time they get a hug.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

At this point in time I think fighting is fighting, nothing is certain, if you HAVE to fight then inflict as much damage that is needed to get away, expect your opponent to have the same intent to do damage, train accordingly.

I think the BJJ, MT, MMA guys train very hard and are really good at what they do but multiple opponents, weapons and other circumstances are also important. Not saying they dont train that, just saying tactics before style even though one may lead to the other.

EDIT:
    When I went to the site they were pretty prejudice against other styles. I wonder what they think of modern day warfair?

Just a thought
    ~Pest
    Last edited by pest; 02-26-2005 at 02:05 PM.
    "No ones taller then the last man standing"
    I-Ninja

aw.....did da big bad bullshido boys hurt your feelings.....

There there. It's ok.. you're safe here. KFO promises not to make fun of your silly slapfighting style.

LMAO!!!!!

I love how pple always go BULLSHIDO ONLY LIKES BJJ AND MT. They fail to mention the ALL the staff, including the owner, are CMArtist as well. (oh they also forget they are members of other boards.)

BTW BAJI! > Wing Chun!!!
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Yes Vankuen,

the other CMA moderator over there who doesn't train MT or BJJ told me to tell you something . . . this board lacks the appropriate smileys but I can tell you it had something to do with saluting and middle fingere.

Signed Omar, your friendly neighborhood CMA hating Baji lineage disciple from Bullshido.

Omar Belove,
    Xi'an
    Shaanxi Province
    Peoples Republic of China

Quote Originally Posted by Asia
    LMAO!!!!!

I love how pple always go BULLSHIDO ONLY LIKES BJJ AND MT. They fail to mention the ALL the staff, including the owner, are CMArtist as well. (oh they also forget they are members of other boards.)

BTW BAJI! > Wing Chun!!!
    I think Bullshido brings that on itself.
    I've noted a lot of Bullshido stalwarts visiting other boards just to preach the gospel.
    It's not so much what is said, but the manner.

It's ironic that Bullshido members feel they are getting raw delt, when they don't respect other boards when they come a calling.

I think you'll find a fair few senior members here, are also long term members of Bullshido.

There are exceptions to every rule of course.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

J.R.R. Tolkien

Originally posted by SifuAbel
    OMG, some body got a DNA sample from the burnt carcass of the last dead horse, separated the live cells, cloned another horse, watched it grow, let it come to maturity and then
    PROCEEDED TO BEAT IT TO DEATH , AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

At one point it's fun to debate with morons, but at the same time...depressing to know how stupid some people are.
    It's the internet; people talk and talk and talk.

I will say this about Muay Thai and BJJ fighters, they tend to back up what they talk about more than your average CMA stylist ... that's just my opinion from my own personal experience. I know SOME great CMA stylists who challenge themselves and test out, no doubt about it. But most MMA I know do this on a regular basis.

Also, would be more comfortable getting into a street situation with a guy who has a lot of NHB tournament experience then with a TMA who has only drilled what to do in class. Being comfortable and familiar with violence is the biggest thing to overcome. Technique is a dime a dozen, everyone has theirs.

Anyone know when the next Bull$hido Throwdown is in NYC? I'm in Puerto Rico March 9 to 17th put would like to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina
    Anyone know when the next Bull$hido Throwdown is in NYC? I'm in Puerto Rico March 9 to 17th put would like to participate.
    Here's the thread, looks like March 20th.

http://bullshido.net/forums/showthre...t=18511&page=3

Just joined again!

yep that's me looking for more peeps to train with in the GTA.

always up for this throwdown stuff too.

hope I get some replies.
    Kung Fu is good for you.