Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone been to Bullshido?

Anyone been to Bullshido?

That forum is full of so many posers it's unbelieveable! I signed on there to get my forum fix when this one went down, and I've been defending wing chun ever since!

At one point it's fun to debate with morons, but at the same time...depressing to know how stupid some people are.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

LOL, yeah I know exactly how you feel Van. I went on the Deluxe Forum once and wandered on to a Muay Thai thread about how effective their art was and stated, with reasons, why I felt other wise, and all they could come back with was oh yeah and this guy won this tournament and so on so it must be effective... When I keep on asking for reasons why Muay Thai was more effective than WC they couldn't come back with any response (not that I don't think MT is not a effective art), I thought that was funny.

James
    Last edited by sihing; 02-23-2005 at 10:28 PM.

Van,

I know what you mean. I've posted on that board, I like this one better.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

They rip apart Sifu Grados over there. Or anyone else who doesn't study Muay tai and brazilian jujitsu. What's funny is he did BJJ for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal
    They rip apart Sifu Grados over there. Or anyone else who doesn't study Muay tai and brazilian jujitsu. What's funny is he did BJJ for a while.
    I have done both MT and BJJ for a bit, but because I mentioned wing chun as my primary art I'm catching hell for it.

They try to rip apart anything just about. I have this one kid there, who practices kenjutsu supposedly, who fully admits to having no knowledge of the arts mentioned, or wing chun, but he's been constantly pestering me telling me wing chun sucks and that he doesn't have to be a gracie to know that. I keep telling him to put up something with details..but he can't do it, because he knows sh-- about nothing.

It's just funny. When I get bored...I go in there to debate a little.

If you guys want to see it, it's in the "general BS section"
    Last edited by SAAMAG; 02-25-2005 at 11:49 AM.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen
    If you guys want to see it, it's in the "general BS section"
    What thread?
    Sapere aude, Justin.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

never mind, I found it.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

I think that those people forget one key factor about martial arts fighting in the street or reality based fighting. A martial artist will usually have the element of instinctual self-defense and surprise on their side. In a ring or MMA style fight, there is no surprise as two people meet up already in fighting poses. In the street a person walks up to another or engage in close conversation, situations where one normally does not assume a fighting stance (like automatically putting up your fists). The impact of this is, that the MA will be able to sense when a situation will require force and act quicker more percise to get into the guy, do as much damage and get away. Wing Chun, Muay Thai any art has steps into teaching how to close the gap and get inside the person.

I say like an art like Muay Thai/Boxing has advantages in a bar-fight scenario, because it offers powerful combos to fight multiple opponents. One can also argue that various styles of kung fu have powerful strikes and combo as well, if you put enough time and intensity like so Muay Thai fighters I respect, then such Wing Chun footwork, 45 degree inside blows, and other crippling moves would prove effective also.

Tournament is not an effective way of measure street-readiness of an art, as you can get unlucky on the street. From my past experiences, bar fights, street brawls end in around 2-5 hits if one of the people are serious. Things like takedowns, maiming of the face, hitting the throat will end the fight rather quickly. a thing like aikido, chin na, shuai chiao (traditional leverage arts), I would say are more effective than BJJ or modern wrestling. Traditional arts in "real" situations f**k people up, the don't send them tumbling with you on the ground: you uproot them and then violent launch them. When you use a takedown from shuai chiao, you control and send them flying out of your zone of power. How do they land?....usually on concrete, hard wooden floors hurting their spine, cracking heads, breaking necks. That is why traditional arts teach you how to fall first, because in reall life you don't get back up again with a cracked head.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen
    That forum is full of so many posers it's unbelieveable! I signed on there to get my forum fix when this one went down, and I've been defending wing chun ever since!
    Don't worry Vankuen, BSdo is full of morons. They have gotten sold a line that BJJ and MT are DA SH!T and that anything else sucks. As far as I am concerned the reason they love the combo so much is that they all just want a BIG HUG so they like fighting arts that depend on clinching. That's also why they get so ornery, they get tossed on their @ss every time they get a hug.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

At this point in time I think fighting is fighting, nothing is certain, if you HAVE to fight then inflict as much damage that is needed to get away, expect your opponent to have the same intent to do damage, train accordingly.

I think the BJJ, MT, MMA guys train very hard and are really good at what they do but multiple opponents, weapons and other circumstances are also important. Not saying they dont train that, just saying tactics before style even though one may lead to the other.

EDIT:
    When I went to the site they were pretty prejudice against other styles. I wonder what they think of modern day warfair?

Just a thought
    ~Pest
    Last edited by pest; 02-26-2005 at 02:05 PM.
    "No ones taller then the last man standing"
    I-Ninja

aw.....did da big bad bullshido boys hurt your feelings.....

There there. It's ok.. you're safe here. KFO promises not to make fun of your silly slapfighting style.

LMAO!!!!!

I love how pple always go BULLSHIDO ONLY LIKES BJJ AND MT. They fail to mention the ALL the staff, including the owner, are CMArtist as well. (oh they also forget they are members of other boards.)

BTW BAJI! > Wing Chun!!!
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

Yes Vankuen,

the other CMA moderator over there who doesn't train MT or BJJ told me to tell you something . . . this board lacks the appropriate smileys but I can tell you it had something to do with saluting and middle fingere.

Signed Omar, your friendly neighborhood CMA hating Baji lineage disciple from Bullshido.

Omar Belove,
    Xi'an
    Shaanxi Province
    Peoples Republic of China

Tell him to put his middle finger back into his A-hole where it belongs....

If they are so proud of their "CMA", then what's the deal with everyone there talking sh-t about chinese martial arts in general? Are they masochists? Or just in it for the money?

I don't mind it at all...because quite frankly no one has put forth any good information thus far...aside from belittling other people in other arts just to make themselves feel bigger.

The only thing good that comes from your site is that people test what they know. UNfortunately, they feel that their results should be the same as everyone elses...which is obviously....wrong.

But alas, their views are apparently not the same as YOUR views, since you're seemingly seperating yourself from those that do the trash talking. Are you saying that they are wrong in saying that MT and BJJ are the two best arts? Because that seems to be the going trend these days. Oh wait...aside from them using TV and the internet clips as their only means of proof....

"My" site?

"If they are so proud of their "CMA"...

Never said that. No one's "proud of" any particular country of origin.....except of course the occasional patriotic American/English/fill in the blank...What in the world are you talking about? I'm just pointing out the nonsensicality of your statement that we all hate anything that isn't MT/BJJ. Those that actually train those 2 arts I believe are in the minority over there.

"...aside from belittling other people in other arts ..."

More nonesense. One of the overriding themes there is: It doesn't matter WHAT your train...it's HOW. You just happen to be in the unfortunate position of training in an art that is TRULY FAMOUS for patty cake slapfighting and I don't recal you doing much to dispell that impression. There ARE a couple posters over there who do WC who are fully respected. All you really have to do is show up to a throwdown and spar and then no one will really give a rat's a$$ what style you do anymore but will deal with you as an individual instead.

"But alas, their views are apparently not the same as YOUR views, since you're seemingly seperating yourself from those that do the trash talking."

How am I separating myself from it? I started a thread over there ridiculing your little pout-fest over here. But more specifically, what views? What views of mine are different from "theirs". (as if it was the borg or something rather than a collection of individuals each with their own views.)

"Are you saying that they are wrong in saying that MT and BJJ are the two best arts?"

"They" said no such thing. I think maybe Antony feels that BJJ is the best art and Thaiboxeren may feel that way about Muay Thai but other than that you will be extremely fard pressed to find ANYONE with such a narrow view. It's really kind of amazing how insecurity can make you hear things. It just so happens that 95% of the time I would MUCH rather be associated with the MMA crowd than with the TCMA crowd. You assume far too much and are making a lot of dumb excuses for your rude reception ver there.

Oh wait...aside from them using TV and the internet clips as their only means of proof....

....and personal experinces, meeting up with other board members, tournament records and waitaminute, what are "they" trying to prove?

When you've collectred your self and the emotional trauma subsiudes a bit maybe you can look back on what actually happened and .... ah...I doubt it.