Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my first MMA fight

Cool Had my First MMA fight (Pics)

I had my first MMA fight saturday night and it was very exciting...I was doing pretty good standing up and should have made more of an effort to keep it standing but he got me down with a body lock...I put him in guard, should have held him there and waited for a standup, but I posted on his hip and went for an armbar...when I didn't get it I tried to transition to a triangle but when I didn't get that I lost guard and started eating some big shots...I bucked my hips as best I could but eventually he got me in a saran wrap and just unloaded...my other arm was sealed off by his leg...ref stoppage...

I was very happy that I finally fought MMA and it was really fun...I was happy with how my techniques and hip movement felt, I just got caught...I really cannot wait to fight MMA again but next I will probably do kuoshu in Wisconsin in May...
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 02-23-2005 at 08:10 PM.
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Failed armbar attempt...
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

Sun Tzu wrapping me up before the fight...

We tie up...

Round Kick...

I bucked my hips up to try to force him to put his hands on the mat (so he couldn't hit me)...

After the fight...

My shin...

Traffic jam...we didn't move for like an hour...

Congrats!!

Sounds like you had a blast! What event was this?

Thanks...yeah it was fun...it was Combat Sports Challenge 4 in Richmond, VA...

Way to go.

I think all of us here at KFM should chip in and buy you some real shorts, though.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

LOL...I didn't have any shorts w/ me cause I just went to watch Sun Tzu fight...I filled in for some dude that didn't show...all I had was my bathing suit cause I thought maybe the hotel we stayed at would have a hot tub...still it could have been worse...what if I had a speedo?

Cool! And you posted pics, so no one can call BS What happened to your shin? That's a big lump!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I threw a leg kick and he checked it and we banged shins...didn't hurt at all while I was in there...all that adrenaline...but it started swelling up nicely after the fight...it's still pretty tender...but the bump has gone down...