Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The intgration and Mixing

Also his style is more of giving sign posts to the destination.
    IMO he gives no evidence that he has been anywere near the destination or has the faintest idea of how to get there, and thus his directions must be regarded as suspect.

Hendrik connects Zen teaching to WCK.
    Correction, "Hendrik tries to connect Zen teaching to WCK". His success in that endeavour, and its appropriateness in the first place, is open to challenge.

The introduction of the word "Zen", sutras, history, and related doggerel does not magically promote the import or relevance of the content of a post, as numerous examples on this thread and elsewhere indicate, though many inexplicably seem to feel otherwise.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Guilty on both counts, Anerlich. It's up to the judicious readers to sip through all the "evidences" and render their final verdict. =D

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH
    Guilty on both counts, Anerlich. It's up to the judicious readers to sip through all the "evidences" and render their final verdict. =D

St. Pual and all the St.

"father for I have sin..."
    I have sin for I am the one who is nuts and dont know what I am talking about.

Zen is no more then a tool to see the original face or the awareness. A tool similar to the Biofeedback training...

Which art doesnt have to put Awareness as the most important key? Chinese martial art from Shao Lin to Wudang to Emei To.. Oyama's Kyokushin ..which one doesnt place the Awareness, the Original face, the Shen, The Dao as the key?

Does hendrik connect Zen to his WCK or hendrik is just a messanger same with all other messangers to relay what is there? --- Awareness is the core platform of an Art. The glue of all integration. Unless one is a Robort who is dead and only do as programmed. or a person lost in one's thinking who keeps think the thinking is everything.

People asked hendrik about Why do he didnt answer a particular question the way those who ask want.

You know, it is similar to ask those who has master one's EEG brain wave handling on What logic pattern to analitically Think to get to Theta wave.

Well, one dont ANALITICALLY THINK to get into Theta.

one can keep thinking/Analitical, keep on busy thinking/analized with different kind of logic, and keeps busying thinking/analitical all the discrimation or the critics..., one is guareentee to get stuck in Beta. That simple.

If that basic is not even understood, how the heck one is talking about managing stress? not to mention about taking Pressure and behave under pressure. One simple has no control.

Thus, to asking for Evidence based on how to think analitically LOGICALLY to enter Theta, or request answer on what logic to analitically think to enter Theta is totally absurd and hopeless. What depth to talk about or can be talk about on entering Theta? with a mind stuck in Beta and keep speculating analitical Thinking is everything including alter state?

father I have sin, for I have to keep singing that old song.

Like the strangers that you've met
    The ragged men in ragged clothes
    The silver thorn of bloody rose
    Lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow

Now I think I know
    What you tried to say to me
    And how you suffered for your sanity
    And how you tried to set them free
    They would not listen
    They're not listening still
    Perhaps they never will...

St. Paul, I have sin for I am the one who is nuts and dont know what I am talking about, I am sure guilty. .. doom me so I cannot enter .

OSU!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-27-2005 at 11:24 PM.

Hendrik!

Once again...............can't we just talk openly and plainly about WCK? Is that too much to ask? If you are not here to talk about WCK, then why are you here?

Keith

If you are awake, you would realize by now that I have no power to doom you! =)
    Perhaps you should appeal the GM Anerlich. You will have your petition request granted speedily! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik
    St. Pual and all the St.

St. Paul, I have sin for I am the one who is nuts and dont know what I am talking about, I am sure guilty. .. doom me so I cannot enter .
    As I have heard, you are not alone. I heard some BaGua people who spoke of this theta/beta wave thingy, they say they can 'see' all the possibilities and variations in every move once they 'tuned' in. Guess MA people are nutty at times....

Quote Originally Posted by yylee
    As I have heard, you are not alone. I heard some BaGua people who spoke of this theta/beta wave thingy, they say they can 'see' all the possibilities and variations in every move once they 'tuned' in. Guess MA people are nutty at times....

one doesnt call it a game of Chess, when what one do is keeping thinking at how to locate one's chess in one's side of the chess board;
    and keep re arranging one's chess arangement without awaring that the other part of chess board exist, and the two living beings who are playing ....

if one cant even aware of that. then what to talk about the steps taken while playing?

One can start to learn about swiming by starting with laying on the land, learn to aware about one's body and its function without get into water ,and then get into water and learn to aware of the differences.....

But one can definately not learning about swiming by sit on a sofa reading book, keep thinking, and analyzing about a Widget called Swiming; and dont even aware of one is laying on a sofa and fantasing ; and, human has a mind, a body.....

OSU!
    Last edited by Hendrik; 02-28-2005 at 11:32 AM.

You know, it is similar to ask those who has master one's EEG brain wave handling on What logic pattern to analitically Think to get to Theta wave.
    There is NO similarity. This has nothing to do with the subject of Keith's questions.

I see no evidence that you have any mastery over your EEG, though exactly how such abilities are of value other than as a party trick for the impressionable is highly questionable.

they say they can 'see' all the possibilities and variations in every move once they 'tuned' in.
    And I'll bet they still can't fight.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti

Okay, Anerlich. How would you go about addressing Buddhist mudra elements in the finger pointing to the moon (Biu Jee), the prayer or protective hand of Buddha (Wu Sau), the renunciation or fearless hand of Buddha (Ding Sau), the subdue or control of desire hand (Fook Sau); On method, the deliberate slow pace almost meditative like of the SLT opening (Here and Now). And then there are important concepts with Buddhist wisdom like "Facing and chasing center" (Illusion) ; Let go ; Fist comes from the heart, etc... I'm curious on what is your take on these strange alien relics? =D

IMO these are cultural trimmings. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu shows that retaining the traditional and cultural base of a combat system is not necessary to become proficient in it or for it to retain its efficacy. Arguably the cultural attachments can impede rather than promote competence in the art.

You mention the finger pointing to the moon? All that stuff is the finger.

There is mich that is noble and good about that, and I do not suggest that it cannot be a hugely positive influence. But IMO it is absolutely NOT essential or necessary. Enlightenment comes from within.

Thanks, Anerlich! I'm sure that there are many people here who hold your view also. The future belongs to the bold arrows streaking across the open sky. I for one enjoy their freedom though sometimes I do look back with nostalgia that old sturdy bow - one that launches a thousand heads and one that we left behind. =D

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik
    one doesnt call it a game of Chess, when what one do is keeping thinking at how to locate one's chess in one's side of the chess board;
    and keep re arranging one's chess arangement without awaring that the other part of chess board exist, and the two living beings who are playing ....

if one cant even aware of that. then what to talk about the steps taken while playing?

One can start to learn about swiming by starting with laying on the land, learn to aware about one's body and its function without get into water ,and then get into water and learn to aware of the differences.....

But one can definately not learning about swiming by sit on a sofa reading book, keep thinking, and analyzing about a Widget called Swiming; and dont even aware of one is laying on a sofa and fantasing ; and, human has a mind, a body.....

OSU!

Are we talking about WCK yet? IMHO, speaking plainly and too the point should be considered a virtue.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich
    IMO these are cultural trimmings. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu shows that retaining the traditional and cultural base of a combat system is not necessary to become proficient in it or for it to retain its efficacy. Arguably the cultural attachments can impede rather than promote competence in the art.

You mention the finger pointing to the moon? All that stuff is the finger.

There is mich that is noble and good about that, and I do not suggest that it cannot be a hugely positive influence. But IMO it is absolutely NOT essential or necessary. Enlightenment comes from within.

Just IMHHHHHO,

1, BJJ is not the STANDARD reference of ALL MARTIAL ART.

2, ZEN is a methodology of Mind/brain training on AWARENESS not a Cultural trimmings. One can go to lab and measure the brain's EEG handling to prove that. And EEG can monitor one's mind/body condition.

3, There is no Enlightenment comes from within when one doesnt have a technology to deal with one's EEG. Wishfull thinking, logical derivation, or critics maybe but that is not even close to be able to handle one's brain's EEG state and Aware of what one doesnt aware or go beyond one's identity or personality consciousness.

how can that wishfull thinking help one to even handle daily stress? how can that unaware personal conciousness grow out of the box? IE. one can think to be open minded and love to try different food but not knowing that all the food one knows is only Chinese foods? how far can that go beyond chinese food?

just IMHHHO
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-01-2005 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH
    Thanks, Anerlich! I'm sure that there are many people here who hold your view also. The future belongs to the bold arrows streaking across the open sky. I for one enjoy their freedom though sometimes I do look back with nostalgia that old sturdy bow - one that launches a thousand heads and one that we left behind. =D

The Beauty of SLT design is that it starts the set with dealling with the brain.
    Brain/mind handling is a part of the system core.

IMHHO.

Quote Originally Posted by KPM
    Are we talking about WCK yet? IMHO, speaking plainly and to the point should be considered a virtue.

WCK according to who? to the point according to who ? in this free integration and mixing era.

OSU!