Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Kung fu in the cage

Huang's Common Sense!

Make sure next time he doesn't get super-duper new over-gripped shoes.

Then he'll have too much root, and will put his knee out on his first kick, or be taken down even easier!

And no, I'm not joking!

First off, congrats to your boy...secondly, on this forum there is a very simple process of gaining respect for fighting in competition...

a) fight b) do your best and c) don't make lame excuses
    Last edited by Akhilleus; 04-30-2005 at 08:40 PM.
    "Ooh! Look at these two hot chickens. Finkel wants some dinkle. Give it to him. Huh. Come on, Do it. Lay it on, right here. Do it. Do it." - Maury Finkle, founder of Finkle Fixtures, biggest lighting fixture chain in the Southland

But dude, really man, it was the shoes!!!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

keep us posted, but don't expect a long match agaisnt a non TCMAer. A bit of good chin na should be enough to end the match.

Looks like your guy did ok. is hard to do well in your first fight, but the shoes thing was lame.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus
    I'm betting the other guy's students aren't out there on some internet forum saying "Yeah, our teacher was given the decision but we really look at it as a loss 'cause the other guys shoes weren't right that day"...
    its unfortunate that you'd see it in a negative light. but im not here to sway you one way or another, i could care less. these kinds of things are learning experiences if you look at them in a positive light. but, thats up to you.
    Huang's Style Kung Fu

Actually I find laughter to be a very positive thing. I'm not doubting the man's skills or putting him down for a loss (we all lose at some point). I just can't help but laugh at the "shoes" excuse. It's the martial arts equivalent of "The dog ate my homework".... even if it is true!
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

i guess you totally missed the entire point of the post then.
    Huang's Style Kung Fu

Oh gee, I guess so....
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

i don't feel the need to gain respect on a forum, im merely reporting it as it is. besides, if i was lying, why would i make up an excuse such as that? the point is that that is how it happened and it had to be decided that he lost, so there was no ko. mistakes can be learned from too, which is the point in this case.

and as always, if there is any problems or if you want to check out the style, the school is always open.
    Huang's Style Kung Fu

Did you even read what I posted? 'Cause it doesn't sound like it. Oh well, reading comprehension has never been a requirement in the martial arts, has it? Maybe it should be...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

actually i did read what you posted, and notice that i never responded to or even would have cared if you badmouthed him. plus, i was responding to what some of the other people had been posting, im not just replying to you. but, i may have misinterpretted what you said as well. *shrug*
    Huang's Style Kung Fu

vids via bullshido (at least they're good for something.)

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25090

Kung Fu vs. Wrestling from the last RITC
    From the last Rage in the Cage show in Arizona:

http://www.istv.com/

http://www.istv.com/rage/index2.php

The second link should take you right to the fights, scroll down towards the bottom and they are listed individually.

Fights of note:

Fight # 4 Acero (Wrestler) vs. Larkin (Kung Fu). The KF guy fought in full Kung fu uniform.

Fight # 10 Edwin Dewees vs. Rich Alten. Alten is from Dynamic Combat. I’m friends with Edwin and predicted that this one wouldn’t last a minute at best.

Fight #1 Cruz vs. McClellan. In this fight the promoter gets on the microphone and starts talking about how “Someone’s getting their ass kicked!” when it’s one of his own students in there getting beaten on.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    Add to Goldust's Reputation Report Bad Post Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
    Goldust
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Goldust
    Find More Posts by Goldust
    Add Goldust to Your Buddy List

Old Today, 03:55 PM #2
    Wounded Ronin
    Sexy Commando Adept

Wounded Ronin is Offline:
    Style: Kickboxing, at the moment

I can't believe that the kungfu guy tried the upward arcing back kick. Even if you're good at that kick it defies common sense to attempt it against a wrestler.

I also noticed that his defense against the double leg was non-existant. Like, he didn't actually do anything...didn't even attempt an antigrapple. He just stared at it and let it happen.

Did he attempt a sacrifice tomoenage type throw?

And lol at the untrained headlock defense against groundfighting.

Doing Some Necromancy

Because resurrecting ancient threads is fun!

Especially when they are both funny and topical!
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Why ?!!

Althought it was fairly obvious that all those "students" were simply Huang's many personalities. You can't truly hide one's character behind a new name.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."