Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung fu in the cage

Originally posted by red5angel
    That's because it's not about what you're training but how you're training!
    Just because it was worth repeating.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

2. I am not Kevin himself, HuangKaiVun his name was on here? I am one of his students, but currently away at school. So the style is 'huangs kung fu' I suppose, based heavily in sang men.

All I know about how he got in, was that they went and met some guys, and played around abit, I'll get more details for you guys later.

Sorry about the another thing, i meant another student in the sense that I am a student. This is his first student going into the cage.
    Huang's Kung Fu Academy.

That is him. Based in Seng Men. He was an ... interesting dude.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

lol, that's an understament...he's quite a character. What is he like in person?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

It is funny, because I actually quite liked the dude and his attitude when I first came across him here. However, I had an issue when he tried to tell me things about an art I have practiced for almost two decades that were completely wrong.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.

It's definitely him.

And, yeah, ditto joedoe. He started out making quite a bit of sense, and then his ego started getting out of control and started spouting on very aggressively about all kinds of **** he obviously knew nothing (or very little) about. His last few posts were all challenges and calling other people idiots and cowards! He just lost it... but boy when he lost it he was one of the funniest people on the board!

I'd seriously love to know what he's really like... if he goes on like he did on this board he'd be dead or in the nick by now!

Funny as ****!

7. Hes a really great guy in real life, pretty aggressive though, but doesn't hold himself in some ivory tower above his students, if anyone doesn't think something works, he fights them to show it. He doesn't even let us call him sifu or anything, the only real formal thing we do is bow in whenever a student comes in or leaves.

You guys should really check out the school if you get a chance, kevin is fun in real life, I read some of his old posts, so I know why some of you hate him now.

We share alot of the same views though, like how alot of martial arts really just teach.... junk. I don't have as much experience, so I only would say that about arts I have taken myself, or beaten teachers of.
    Huang's Kung Fu Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    That's because it's not about what you're training but how you're training!
    I think I'm going to add this little gem to my sig. I can't believe Red actually admitted that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Ah, HuangKaiVun - the boy whose martial arts talent was discovered by a true master watching him play the violin. Apparently his qi just oozed out into the auditorium.

Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

Quote Originally Posted by HuangsTempest
    Hes a really great guy in real life, pretty aggressive though, but doesn't hold himself in some ivory tower above his students, if anyone doesn't think something works, he fights them to show it. He doesn't even let us call him sifu or anything, the only real formal thing we do is bow in whenever a student comes in or leaves.

You guys should really check out the school if you get a chance, kevin is fun in real life, I read some of his old posts, so I know why some of you hate him now.

We share alot of the same views though, like how alot of martial arts really just teach.... junk. I don't have as much experience, so I only would say that about arts I have taken myself, or beaten teachers of.

I don't think anyone actually hates him. I guess we just got a bit tired of the way he carried on. After all, it is just an internet forum and people are going to disagree with your POV. Issuing challenges to people all the time is just pointless.

Why isn't Huang getting in the cage himself?
    Train Smart, Train Hard & Enjoy Every Minute Of It.

Kung Fu & Personal Training: ABActive.com

12. He isn't going in himself for two main reasons, and i'll be honest =P

He is a very small guy, and I can't think of a single cage fighting group that would even consider letting him in. I can't judge height too well (im about 6'3), but I would guess he is only about 5'3 or 5'4, if I say hes shorter than he is he will definately kill me though hehe.

The second reason is that jason, one of his main students, has always wanted to do cage fighting, and is 6', much easier to get him in anyways.

Kevin is very small, and would quite literally, have to kill his opponant, since if he fought within cage rules, he might get killed by people twice his size. They frown upon ripping off peoples balls and ears in cage fights...

If it was combat, kevin would rip me apart, but if it was a match within some rule set, even though his technique is great, a big guy can just take alot more hits, even though he has good iron body, over time the damage would get to him faster than me, or jason.

And although im not sure this is the place to post this, but I am currently at school in Montreal. If anyone wants to see our style abit, and is near here, PM me, and we can meet up.
    Huang's Kung Fu Academy.

He isn't going in himself for two main reasons, and i'll be honest =P

He is a very small guy, and I can't think of a single cage fighting group that would even consider letting him in. I can't judge height too well (im about 6'3), but I would guess he is only about 5'3 or 5'4, if I say hes shorter than he is he will definately kill me though hehe.

The second reason is that jason, one of his main students, has always wanted to do cage fighting, and is 6', much easier to get him in anyways.

Kevin is very small, and would quite literally, have to kill his opponant, since if he fought within cage rules, he might get killed by people twice his size. They frown upon ripping off peoples balls and ears in cage fights...

If it was combat, kevin would rip me apart, but if it was a match within some rule set, even though his technique is great, a big guy can just take alot more hits, even though he has good iron body, over time the damage would get to him faster than me, or jason.

And although im not sure this is the place to post this, but I am currently at school in Montreal. If anyone wants to see our style abit, and is near here, PM me, and we can meet up.
    I find this line of reasoning pretty odd. First opponents are generally matche by weight group not height. I don't know the rules of this event but going by the majority of them (UC, UFC, Pride, FreeFight, etc)this is the case. The only issue then would be reach and pple fight against superior reach all the time. I can't fathom how resorting to "deadly" techniques is an excuse. Just my not so humble observation.

Originally posted by red5angel
    That's because it's not about what you're training but how you're training!l
    Yep pretty much it up right there. But I note that some styles do have stronger points than others. Ex I wouldn't pick WC to learn how to throw pple.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)

14. Sorry, I don't know how they do matchups, most of that was my personal opinion, but it still stands that the guy who wants to be in cage fighting should be the one to do it.
    Huang's Kung Fu Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangsTempest
    Sorry, I don't know how they do matchups, most of that was my personal opinion, but it still stands that the guy who wants to be in cage fighting should be the one to do it.
    I understand that but implying that HuangKaiVun (or whatever his name is) would have to restort to tH3 d3Ad1y techniques in order to compete because of his size is silly. I am pretty sure a majority of the MMA/NHB competitors know "dirty" tactics. Still doesn't stop them from applying others (or basic principles of their art(s) ) in competiton.
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Emperor of Baji!!!

(Spellcheck by Chang Style Novice!)